You're The Ref

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

not really, just highlighting the double standards, this thread for example, craig gordon has got away with maybe 3 red cards this season and not one was included in the OP's picture gallery

dembele took a dive in the last old firm game, probably expecting contact and clearly attempted to win the penalty, did you comment on it, did you suggest things that managers etc should do, yes or no will suffice?

No double standards from me, in this thread I've already said Brown deserved a red card, if players dive with no contact then it needs to dealt with regardless of which club they play for

39 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Don Robertson interviewed at home today

"The penalty error will not affect my impartiality as a referees assistant at the semi final on Sunday"

IMG_20170417_123453.jpg

Football, Faith and Flutes.

I remember when I first saw said documentary thinking that the most tragic thing about this big balloon wasn't his King Billy tattoo or how the colour green sets him off in a foaming at the mouth rage but rather the fact the fat mess is about forty but still sleeps in a single bed.  :lol:

not really, just highlighting the double standards, this thread for example, craig gordon has got away with maybe 3 red cards this season and not one was included in the OP's picture gallery
2, Alloa and Ross County. And I can't please all the people all the time.

35 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

No double standards from me, in this thread I've already said Brown deserved a red card, if players dive with no contact then it needs to dealt with regardless of which club they play for

fair enough, im only asking you if you suggested this idea after the most recent old firm game

36 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

2, Alloa and Ross County. And I can't please all the people all the time.

well you should really try harder instead of giving the impression you are either an idiot or pandering to the idiots in your fanbase by simply highlighting decisions that seemingly go against your club

still though, whatever tickles your fancy on here...................

well you should really try harder instead of giving the impression you are either an idiot or pandering to the idiots in your fanbase by simply highlighting decisions that seemingly go against your club
still though, whatever tickles your fancy on here...................

I could fill a book.

58 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

I remember when I first saw said documentary thinking that the most tragic thing about this big balloon wasn't his King Billy tattoo or how the colour green sets him off in a foaming at the mouth rage but rather the fact the fat mess is about forty but still sleeps in a single bed.  :lol:

Big Sam.

Said he would go and fight for Ulster if required, exactly what the Northern Ireland peace process back then needed, morbidly obese imbeciles.

Everyday he opened his Rangers curtains he got a fantastic view of paradise. Must have set him up for the day.

1 hour ago, LordHawHaw said:

Nope, I don't know anybody in my working life that does not make mistakes, so be mental for me to expect refs to get it right every time.

They are paid to determine outcomes on what they see, not what they guess they see, he never seen contact with the RC player as there was none, alternatively he could have missed the contact but that will happen from time to time

Once more.

Was the ref for that Lampard incident less guilty than the one at Motherwell on Saturday?

Fair enough - a straight answer.
A batshit mental one obviously, but a straight one.

Because it's not the same as your opinion? Great discussion btw

I say yes because I accept that referees can miss actual incidents. There is a massive difference between a referee missing something and a referee just making something up by guessing. If you don't see it you can't give it.

1 minute ago, Tartantony said:

Because it's not the same as your opinion? Great discussion btw

I say yes because I accept that referees can miss actual incidents. There is a massive difference between a referee missing something and a referee just making something up by guessing. If you don't see it you can't give it.

Nonsense.

Refs constantly make guesses.  They couldn't do their job otherwise.  Do they decide which way a throw in goes with utter certainty each time?

19 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Like the time Gollum gave Deadco a penalty at CP in 2010 after Kirk Clubfoot dived, while looking in the other direction.

Didn't he receive death threats for his troubles afterwards 

still one of the best moments in superscoreboard though when some demented Celtic fan calls in ranting and raving about Collums background only for Hugh Kevin's to point out Collum is an RE teacher at a catholic school. Deadpan silence in response before some stuttering and gibberish from said demented caller 

Archived