You're The Ref

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Great counter to a charge of immaturity.

A visual version of 'I know you are'.   What wit.  What style.

You're half right.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see that Celtic fans on here are being unreasonable in moaning about what effectively was obvious cheating in a game that the ref / assistants  should have picked up. I think most Celtic fans think Brown sending off was correct, although I don't understand the angst from other clubs fans when Celtic fans point out other examples of similar tackles with different outcomes. The real losers were the teams around Ross County at the bottom of the league.

Oh and welcome back the Hibees!

Ah, posting more pictures and stuff that you've seen others post before.

A weak substitute for putting a coherent argument together by using your own sequence of words.

Wtf are you slebbeing aboot? You're making a rip roaring c**t of yourself. If you're truly struggling and it means that much to you then the answer is

A) free kick

B ) yellow

C) play on

D) red

That's the entire thread ruined for everyone else, Happy now?

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

Wtf are you slebbeing aboot? You're making a rip roaring c**t of yourself. If you're truly struggling and it means that much to you then the answer is

A) free kick
B ) yellow
C) play on
D) red

Happy now?

I was already happy.

That's why I'd felt no need to start a greetin' faced thread about a ludicrous perceived injustice.

I don't understand the angst from other clubs fans when Celtic fans point out other examples of similar tackles with different outcomes.

Obviously Celtic fans will compare against incidents in other Celtic games and point to inconsistency. Fans of other clubs do similar.

I think the issue here with other fans is when some Celtic fans claim agendas etc. which appears ludicrous to fans of other clubs.

Its just poor and inconsistent refereeing, which happens up and down the country.

Referees don't help themselves though and I firmly believe they just guess at some decisions, rather than sticking to the having to be 100% certain protocol.

The Schalk pen would give credence to that as would Motherwell's 3rd on Sat for which Collum could in no way have been sure it crossed the line.

There aren't any agendas, just horrific refereeing.

You also have the dynamic that decisions involving Celtic are analysed and discussed far more than anyone else bar Rangers, so incidents elsewhere have less publicity, but certainly happen week in, week out.

2 minutes ago, Richie said:

Obviously Celtic fans will compare against incidents in other Celtic games and point to inconsistency. Fans of other clubs do similar.
I think the issue is when some Celtic fans claim agendas etc. which appears ludicrous to fans of other clubs.
Its just poor and inconsistent refereeing, which happens up and down the country.
Referees don't help themselves though and I firmly believe they just guess at dome decisions, rather than sticking to the having to be 100% certain protocol.
The Schalk pen would give credence to that as would Motherwell's 3rd on Sat for which Collum could in no way have been sure it crossed the line.
You also have the dynamic that decisions involving Celtic are analysed and discussed far more than anyone else bar Rangers, so incidents elsewhere have less publicity, but certainly happen week in, week out.

Does this 100% protocol actually exist?

4 minutes ago, Richie said:

I notice the op has not put any pictures of Craig Gordon's Kung Foo kicks at strikers through on goal.  

Was there just too many pictures to choose from so the op just couldn't decide?

All ways cheated, never defeated...

5 minutes ago, Richie said:

I think the issue here with other fans is when some Celtic fans claim agendas etc. which appears ludicrous to fans of other clubs.

Referees don't help themselves though and I firmly believe they just guess at some decisions, rather than sticking to the having to be 100% certain protocol.

Yes, canny disagree with any of that, was discussing the Motherwell 3rd today, the ref seemed to guess the ball was over the line rather than know it was, on that basis the goal should not have been given imo

10 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

Yes, canny disagree with any of that, was discussing the Motherwell 3rd today, the ref seemed to guess the ball was over the line rather than know it was, on that basis the goal should not have been given imo

What if he'd guessed it hadn't crossed the line but had been wrong, as has often happened?

Would that have been somehow preferable?  Somehow more just?

23 minutes ago, Richie said:

Much as I dislike Willie Collum, he definitely cannot be blamed for Motherwell's third goal on Saturday. He has to take the word of his linesman, who gave the goal.

Ah, posting more pictures and stuff that you've seen others post before.
A weak substitute for putting a coherent argument together by using your own sequence of words.

Haha you really have lost the plot

I don't understand how a person can be so upset by a team that he's never seen play in the same League as his own team.

36 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What if he'd guessed it hadn't crossed the line but had been wrong, as has often happened?

Would that have been somehow preferable?  Somehow more just?

Don't guess, if he never seen it crossed the line, then it should not be a goal. On what basis did the ref give the penalty against Celtic, did he see contact when there was obviously no contact, no he guessed there was contact.

Edited to add....this is where we need to ensure players don't cheat by retrospective action

10 hours ago, RiG said:

To confer his belief that Celtic are harshly treated by the SFA, SFPL and, well, everyone basically because there is some kind of anti Celtic conspiracy to stop them winning trophies.

Ones that they have already won. 

Archived