You're The Ref

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

Don't guess, if he never seen it crossed the line, then it should not be a goal. On what basis did the ref give the penalty against Celtic, did he see contact when there was obviously no contact, no he guessed there was contact.

Edited to add....this is where we need to ensure players don't cheat by retrospective action

Obviously, the ref thought he'd seen the ball cross the line on Saturday, but was mistaken.

It happens.

The ref didn't think he'd seen Lampard's shot bounce a yard over the line at the 2010 World Cup.  Was that mistake better?

To confer his belief that Celtic are harshly treated by the SFA, SFPL and, well, everyone basically because there is some kind of anti Celtic conspiracy to stop them winning trophies.

Objection.

Misleading, speculation, argumentative and hearsay.

23 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Haha you really have lost the plot

I don't understand how a person can be so upset by a team that he's never seen play in the same League as his own team.

I'm not remotely upset - I'm entering discussion.

I guess I just care about the wider game, rather than view everything through the narrow filter of the club I support.  Is that a problem?

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Obviously, the ref thought he'd seen the ball cross the line on Saturday, but was mistaken.

It happens.

The ref didn't think he'd seen Lampard's shot bounce a yard over the line at the 2010 World Cup.  Was that mistake better?

You'll get mistakes, most people make mistakes, in the scenario you outline the ref "thought" the ball had crossed the line, he did not see it as it did not cross the line, therefore no goal

1 minute ago, LordHawHaw said:

You'll get mistakes, most people make mistakes, in the scenario you outline the ref "thought" the ball had crossed the line, he did not see it as it did not cross the line, therefore no goal

What nonsense.

You're basically saying refs should just be right all the time.  They constantly have to make educated guesses.

I'll ask you again:  Was the Lampard error somehow better?

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I guess I just care about the wider game, rather than view everything through the narrow filter of the club I support.  Is that a problem?

What do you think of the Ross County manager saying his player "anticipated" contact so fell down, this is the sort of stuff we should be looking at resolving in our game.Given it was against my team i'm perhaps highlighting something other managers do as well

3 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

What do you think of the Ross County manager saying his player "anticipated" contact so fell down, this is the sort of stuff we should be looking at resolving in our game.Given it was against my team i'm perhaps highlighting something other managers do as well

did you highlight it when dembele fell over fresh air in the recent OF game at parkhead?

1 minute ago, LordHawHaw said:

Totally different argument, but such comments are almost as disgraceful as the dive itself.

I'm not for a moment defending them.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You're basically saying refs should just be right all the time.  

Nope, I don't know anybody in my working life that does not make mistakes, so be mental for me to expect refs to get it right every time.

They are paid to determine outcomes on what they see, not what they guess they see, he never seen contact with the RC player as there was none, alternatively he could have missed the contact but that will happen from time to time

did you highlight it when dembele fell over fresh air in the recent OF game at parkhead?

Quite right, you tell him. And the one where waghorn got booked for diving a couple of weeks ago, shocking so it was, trying to con the ref like that.

3 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

Whataboutery

not really, just highlighting the double standards, this thread for example, craig gordon has got away with maybe 3 red cards this season and not one was included in the OP's picture gallery

dembele took a dive in the last old firm game, probably expecting contact and clearly attempted to win the penalty, did you comment on it, did you suggest things that managers etc should do, yes or no will suffice?

Archived