June 8th General Election

Mudder

9 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I'm not so sure now Fide.
She might get her majority, but Labour could push on.

I definitely think the Tories will be out at the next election.

I think the Tories are genuinely in until at least 2030.

In other news...

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Aye, that judge led public inquiry we spent gajillions on, after probably the biggest national scandal in the UK since....? We should just ignore it's conclusions because reasons.

If its recommendations are over the top, hysterical nonsense then there is a perfectly valid reason to ignore it. Whereas the idea that spending money on it ought to make it legally binding is ridiculous. 

If its recommendations are over the top, hysterical nonsense then there is a perfectly valid reason to ignore it. Whereas the idea that spending money on it ought to make it legally binding is ridiculous. 

Falls into the same category as the OBFA.

Huge problems with it, rightly criticised & when asked what are you going to do instead, everyone clams up.

Doing nothing is the option being presented here, just not implementing L2 then forgetting about it, is not acceptable.

13 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Doing nothing is the option being presented here, just not implementing L2 then forgetting about it, is not acceptable.

Yes it actually is. The recommendations of public inquiries can and should be taken or left as they are deemed appropriate by political leaders. The shrieking insistence to implement the Taylor Report on football grounds (and even in Scotland where it had no mandate whatsoever) was an absolute disaster that could have been avoided by that approach. 

Yes it actually is. The recommendations of public inquiries can and should be taken or left as they are deemed appropriate by political leaders. The shrieking insistence to implement the Taylor Report on football grounds (and even in Scotland where it had no mandate whatsoever) was an absolute disaster that could have been avoided by that approach. 

Taylor report forcing stadiums to be all seated? Saved lives and as an Aberdeen fan, I can only wholly support both it's vision and any unintended/beneficial consequences it may have had.

On leveinson, we'll agree to disagree. It's a shocking abandonment and a total betrayal in my opinion. Press regulation has no teeth and there are no consequences for telling lies or breaking the law to get a story. None.

:lol:
For now I will still be voting SNP but honestly, it is hilarious to read these overly emotional posts.

To a certain extent, I agree with you. The social media era has undoubtedly brought "everyday hysterics" to the political scene, worldwide.

Sometimes, it's entirely cringeworthy and should be filed in the bin, and despite being an Indy supporter, I dislike anything that insults soft unionists as I think it's counter-productive to the ultimate goal, which is a fairer, more honest society within the nation state of Scotland. This can only be achieved by Independence. Also, you are a shrill, trolling, underachieving arse, so kindly get to f**k.

Yeah, I guess I am condemned to wait in vain for someone to post an example of what they THINK is me trolling.
I think telling someone to "get to f**k" might qualify though.

Ok, as much as it goes against my instinct, I'll engage with you on this one.

You are "trolling" not because you have a differing opinion to the majority Indy camp on here, as I've already said on this sub-forum, people like@Strichener have at least a counter argument, provide facts & figures to defend (if not justify, in my mind) their position. You, on the other hand, dip in, then dip out again when asked for back up to your point- however valid it may seem to you, when you shite it from honest debate- you are trolling the forum.
Be more like@strichener - I'm not aware of him getting abuse, and, certainly not from me.
Otherwise, f**k off you tedious troll.

7 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Ok, as much as it goes against my instinct, I'll engage with you on this one.

You are "trolling" not because you have a differing opinion to the majority Indy camp on here, as I've already said on this sub-forum, people like@Strichener have at least a counter argument, provide facts & figures to defend (if not justify, in my mind) their position. You, on the other hand, dip in, then dip out again when asked for back up to your point- however valid it may seem to you, when you shite it from honest debate- you are trolling the forum.
Be more like@strichener - I'm not aware of him getting abuse, and, certainly not from me.
Otherwise, f**k off you tedious troll.

standing-ovation-o.gif

Archived