June 8th General Election

Mudder

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, strichener said:

Was there not a vote in Parliament on leaving the EU where the SNP voted against it and are now actively campaigning (along with the Lib Dems) to ignore that institution's mandate?  Do you just put your yellow blinkers on and say this is different - this is the SNP looking out for Scotland's interests?  The Unionists would surely use the same argument on their opposition to the IndyRef.

Quite clearly the only difference is that you approve of one and not of the other.

Which parliament? Which vote? If you're alluding to the one I explicitly discussed in the post to which you replied, then you're clearly just arguing for the sake of argument. As usual.

Once again, where precisely is the evidence that the SNP have tried to prevent the UK leaving the EU after Westminster voted to do so? I've tried to find a shred of evidence of this happening, but can't. I'm assuming you can't either, as you've now repeatedly dodged the question.

It's a damage limitation strategy. Corbyn's strategy of everything for everyone is designed to limit the 'landslide'. May's call for this was to get her uncurtailed power to shovel through any legal and statutory changes required to make Brexit her swansong. 10,000 pieces of legislation in 2 years. So short of negotiators they are plundering managers in the DWP. If Corbyn and Sturgeon can keep the majority to 30-50 there's still time to bring this nonsense to a halt.

And hopefully the 62% in Scotland who voted against this suicide mission will now understand that anything other than an annihilation of Davidson and her band of Liars will leave us all in a dark place for a decade at least. Couldn't have been made clearer this week.

30 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It's a damage limitation strategy. Corbyn's strategy of everything for everyone is designed to limit the 'landslide'. May's call for this was to get her uncurtailed power to shovel through any legal and statutory changes required to make Brexit her swansong. 10,000 pieces of legislation in 2 years. So short of negotiators they are plundering managers in the DWP. If Corbyn and Sturgeon can keep the majority to 30-50 there's still time to bring this nonsense to a halt.

And hopefully the 62% in Scotland who voted against this suicide mission will now understand that anything other than an annihilation of Davidson and her band of Liars will leave us all in a dark place for a decade at least. Couldn't have been made clearer this week.

Absolutely this.

The message also needs to go out to unionist Labour voters that a vote for the Tories is a vote for austerity and all the other shite they bring.

Interestingly I've had one Tory and one SNP activist knock on my door and both have claimed that my constituency is a straight race between the two and both have suggested I shouldn't waste my vote on Labour. Clearly the Tories are hoping Labour voters will value the union over all else and Nats are hoping Labour voters will value stopping the Tories over all else.

Either way the Tories aren't winning this constituency so I was a little bit frustrated that both activists were trying to convince me that was the case.

It still astounds me how people vote Tory. They are emptying our pockets quicker than we can fill them.

Here's one for the Tory lovers to answer on here.

What's your thoughts on the Tories tripling national debt on their watch?

They have borrowed more money than has EVER been borrowed by the UK. A worse mess than Labour left, by quite some distance.

Austerity is clearly a farce and a sham.

The Tories are currently being investigated by the UN for humans rights abuses.

Are you seriously going to vote for this? Oh I forgot, wrapping yourself in the flag makes all this better. Does it really?

Just checked the odds on Bet365 for my constituency, Aberdeen South.

SNP 8/11, Tories 1/1, Labour 80/1, LibDems 125/1.

A 2 horse race then but I'm surprised it's that close. The SNP were 7,000 ahead of Labour and 9,000 ahead of the Tories last time. Although previously they'd trailed well behind both.

Edit: Anne Begg had held the seat for Labour since 1997 until the last election yet Labour have no chance this time (according to the bookies). That does highlight the rapid decline of SLab.

A 2 horse race then but I'm surprised it's that close. The SNP were 7,000 ahead of Labour and 9,000 ahead of the Tories last time. Although previously they'd trailed well behind both.

Edit: Anne Begg had held the seat for Labour since 1997 until the last election yet Labour have no chance this time (according to the bookies). That does highlight the rapid decline of SLab.

I wouldn't trust the bookies mate we get everything wrong.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Miracle diet pills, baldness cures and polls have all been proven to be unreliable. Yet they continue to be thrust upon us.

Rubbish, 63% of diet pill users polled were no longer bald. 

It seem's like the mood of the media has changed over the last few days. They finally seem willing to ask the tories some awkward questions.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I'm guessing that the cluster-f**k at Aberdeen city council will have given McCaig (and Kirsty Blackman) a nice wee boost.

Angus Robertson giving a belter of an interview on Sunday Politics. Masterful delivery of a perspective that disgraces Tory arrogance and ignorance of our wishes. Able to speak with fluency and for longer than 20 seconds on a range of matters. Makes Davidson look like first year apprentice.

24 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Angus Robertson giving a belter of an interview on Sunday Politics. Masterful delivery of a perspective that disgraces Tory arrogance and ignorance of our wishes. Able to speak with fluency and for longer than 20 seconds on a range of matters. Makes Davidson look like first year apprentice.

Angus Robertson could give a lecture on Scalectrix and it would make rapeclauseRuth look like an amateur.

Archived