Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

«Caledonian Braves 3-0 Sauchie Juniors

It’s a goalless second half to finish our pre-season campaign. Three first half goals helps us claim a comfortable victory at Alliance Park.

All eyes turn to our Lowland League opener with Berwick Rangers next weekend!»

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Not a lot in yesterday’s game, undone by 2 corners just before halftime, which was disappointing. 

Was impressed with Aiden Clocherty yesterday, he looked lively. I'm sure the defence will be ok once the lads gel together. But aye, there wasn't much in the game really. On to Saturday, another tough one! 

My first trip to Alliance Park today... nice and convenient wee location, got a nice pre-match walk around the loch. Very basic wee cage, but I do quite like the 2 wee stands that have been put in. Dreadful pies! But really friendly bunch of guys connected to the club that we were speaking to.

As for the game, Caley Braves are a strong, physical side... but today they were very much 2nd best against a very decent Linlithgow side. The number 8 in midfield looks a player and tried to drive his team on... but despite his efforts, they never tested the Linlithgow goalkeeper and struggled to keep the ball to build periods of possession.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, lowenan said:

image.thumb.png.688b74a2bc3804a04846fb488c7d5bdc.png

Finally climbing the table. Could still be a good season.

Long way to go before that happens, still getting the inconsistency related to a youthful squad. I will say that it was a good win on Saturday, Gala are no pushovers.

• 2 weeks later...