Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

It's bullshit?

12 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Surely the total raised cant be manufactured? Dont know enough about wefunder in all honesty.

But Caley Braves could spend around £200,000 on players for next 4 seasons and be one of favourites to get promoted?? There is a lot I find highly suspicious about Caley Braves and their support only get a say in things that Chris Ewing decides on with recent decision on B team and relegation votes not happening or no end results on their website with Caley Braves (Chris Ewing) seemingly voting for B teams in last round of votes and not wanting further relegation either....

Yeah, would have thought there must be some truth to money being raised. Where it’s spent is another matter entirely…

I’m sure the bullshit blurb meant to say ’path to complete alongside football giants like Cowdenbeath and East Stirlingshire’ though.  

Posted (edited)

I actually think they might be on to something. Yes it's a bit weird and totally bizarre to us, but they seem to have a decent US following that I'm sure will part with silly money to support a daft thing like a semi-pro Scottish team.

CB are easy prey for the usual digs from other fans but they've got there on merit, got their own wee ground and get on with their business without any hassle. 

And I am sure, unlike some EX-SPFL teams, they voted AGAINST the B teams at the last vote.

Edited by Spyro

6 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah, would have thought there must be some truth to money being raised. Where it’s spent is another matter entirely…

https://wefunder.com/cbfc

Use of Funds
$50,000    30% towards hiring a General Manager, 20% towards app/technical  improvements, 30% towards social media and digital marketing, 10% towards kit, 2.5% towards ground improvements 7.5% WeFunder Fees

$750,000    30% towards hiring General Manager and Commercial Manager, 30% towards improving 1st Team Squad, 10% towards ground improvements, 5% App improvements, 5% towards kit, 10% digital marketing, 2.5% Sponsorship, 7.5% WeFunderReaching our maximum target will allow us to improve the playing squad (high quality of players), employ more staff, have financial stability, increase stadium capacity, improve live streaming equipment and content, and create a documentary about the club

9 hours ago, Spyro said:

I actually think they might be on to something. Yes it's a bit weird and totally bizarre to us, but they seem to have a decent US following that I'm sure will part with silly money to support a daft thing like a semi-pro Scottish team.

CB are easy prey for the usual digs from other fans but they've got there on merit, got their own wee ground and get on with their business without any hassle. 

And I am sure, unlike some EX-SPFL teams, they voted AGAINST the B teams at the last vote.

Yeah, it's not for me but they're probably onto something here, it's more common than ever to support a team you have no family or geographical link to because of the accessibility of the games via the internet and they are adopting a model geared towards that. I'm sure it's not unique in football and it won't be the last example. And the name is perfectly calibrated towards the sort of Yanks that want to own part of a football club in Scotland. 

Maybe someone can better explain what is going on here.  I assume these people are buying shares in Braves as an investment thinking they can make a profit? where does the profit come from? Braves aren't worth a bean.  

Chris F
Hello, I'm new to all of this so apologies if these are basic questions. I see investor perks at roughly 1 "share" per $100. How many shares are currently being made available and what percentage of the club does this represent? Are there plans for future funding rounds / share sells and would that dilute any current shares that exist?

Christopher Ewing
Founder And CEO
Hi Chris

50% of the authorized shared are outstanding and the club is offering 25% of the total authorized shares now. We intend to offer the final 25% in future raises. Our aim is to make the Braves a 50 + 1 club similar to what we see in Germany.

Adan Farrah

How will the investors make a profit 

Christopher Ewing
Founder And CEO

Investors may make a profit by earning dividends (dividends are not guaranteed) or by a rise in stock value should the club be sold in the future or by the ability to sell shares on a marketplace (should that become possible). The shares offered are restricted securities and cannot be sold by investors on an exchange and will not be able to be sold on an exchange unless they are registered in the future. Currently, we do not plan to register the shares in the near future.

11 hours ago, Spyro said:

They voted for the B teams.

On 17/05/2024 at 12:28, Cowdenleith said:

Is there something weird (better choose my phrasing carefully) about this ‘owners’ thing?

According to the funding page, they have raised over $900k from people around the world and I think I read recently that $700k plus of that has been on the last year. What the hell?  What is the money being used for?

They could even blow East Kilbride out the water if they used some of that cash on overpaying players, if they chose to.  

Someone join the dots for me…

87C866E9-4814-431E-9C16-6EB0637222F0.png

E351501A-4C59-4DFB-9791-92C7A956A6A3.png

Hawd oan, football giants like Rangers!!!

Guessing yer man is getting that mixed up with the old Glasgow Rangers that went bust in 2012.

The new The Rangers has only won one league in the 12 years.

4 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Hawd oan, football giants like Rangers!!!

Guessing yer man is getting that mixed up with the old Glasgow Rangers that went bust in 2012.

The new The Rangers has only won one league in the 12 years.

Nobody cares about the arse cheeks, and their “yer a new club”, “naw we’re no”

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Americans are attracted to the romantic setting, nestled between the historic Highland villages of Hamilton and Motherwell, it's  near the shows and world class carvery/Hotel.

You could take them to meet the Shotts Hillbillies still living in the 17th century.

On 23/05/2024 at 21:39, An Absolute Imposter said:

You always give me a laugh with some of your insights into the cultural heritage of this wee country up here in the bleak north.

If only it was a joke, some serious off the wall headbangers hanging about Shotts Bon Accord.

3 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Be interesting to see who the “general manager” is creaming off $240,000 (£160,00). Not a bad we earner for someone in Tier 5 football.

They'll have fill the vending machine in the pavilion and clean the pigeon shite off the seats...among other duties.