Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

Looks like some polling companies are looking for a headline. Or it could be a ploy that some pollsters will get it right and some will get it wrong, rather than all of them getting it wrong again

I'm struggling to believe that labour are 10% behind the Tories after the last couple of weeks. SNP have been at 43% in pretty much every poll, except for that survey monkey one which looks like an outlier. 

which leads to SNP 47 Cons 8 LibDems 3 and Labour 1 according to the ScotlandVotes seat calculator.

Edit: 43:28 for SNP and Cons seems to be a bit of a tipping point. If it's 44:27 instead the Tories don't win East Renfrewshire (which I suspect they may not anyway if Unionist voters have latched onto Labour instead as the tactical voting vehicle), Moray, Perthshire North and Aberdeen South.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Just now, Kyle said:

Snp 43%

Tories 28% 

Labour 18% 

Lib Dems 9%

Others 2%. 

2% more to the SNP and 2% less for Tories would be so vital on the day. Might get the SNP over 50 and Tories down to 4/5.

According to what I'm reading on Twitter, the Scottish sub-sample of Survation's UK poll - which has the Tories only a solitary point ahead of Labour - has Scottish Labour well ahead of the Tories. It also suggests that 19 million voters watched all or some of the Question Time debate live. 72% said they heard about it, which is unbelievably high. If so, I think that is enough to call their numbers into serious doubt. 

The Busted Flushes simply aren't getting 9% of the vote in Scotland, higher than their share in two-party England - that's a margin of error caveat right there. They could slither three seats if clever tactical voting by the Unionists takes place but I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up with just Carmichael again.