Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
10 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:
On the Rangers thing, I saw plenty banners with 55 on them, does this refer that they have won  55 titles? as I thought the old Rangers went into liquidation and sevco was born and they haven't won 55 titles in the last ten years.
Please believe this is a genuine question and I definately do not want to stir shite on this thread, but can the old titles be transferred to the new Rangers?

Nope not possible, but media driven perception is reality I guess

Ok, Alles ist Klar.

I thought there might have been some legal process where they could have transferred the titles over.

14 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

On the Rangers thing, I saw plenty banners with 55 on them, does this refer that they have won  55 titles? as I thought the old Rangers went into liquidation and sevco was born and they haven't won 55 titles in the last ten years.

Please believe this is a genuine question and I definately do not want to stir shite on this thread, but can the old titles be transferred to the new Rangers?

Oh c'mon Sandy, why change the habits of a lifetime at your age?

;)

Can we trust the polls?

Why does recent YouGov polling the Tories love show the strong Yes region of Glasgow sample (106), much smaller than the one for No majority region of Southern Scotland (178), yet it has more than twice the electorate? Might not this artificially boost the Unionists' polling?

17 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
36 minutes ago, Stormzy said:
Thank me later chaps emoji41.png

Hardly surprising in by election

I'm not saying I'm surprised just always good to see your vote being part of the winning side. Feels worth going outside for the second time yesterday!

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

The most pertinent figure should be that Celtgers (or Celtgersgers, if you insist) have won 106 league titles out of something like 125 seasons. That's about 85%. And, of course, every single one in the last 31 seasons.

Scotland's top division isn't a competition, and never has been.

5 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Care to answer what?

18 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Perhaps that you are proving my point.

17 hours ago, Stormzy said:

You said you dont know any Unionists that aren't also Rangers fans. Just because me, a singular person is a Rangers fan that's also a Unionist doesn't prove any point. 

There are numerous posters on here that are A. Rangers fans but not Unionists and B. Unionists that aren't Rangers fans. 

I don't know if me having to explain this is part of some long in joke or if you're sincerely being this obtuse. 

What point of yours did I prove? 

7 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

That you’re an idiot who has based his politics on the football team he supports.

No you were saying that you've never met a Unionist that wasn't a Rangers fan then you started asking me who I supported, i told you and you said this proved a point. It's hilariously stupid from you. 

One more time for the sake of clarity. There are numerous posters on here that are A. Rangers fans but not Unionists and B. Unionists that aren't Rangers fans. Did you just conveniently not see any of their posts?

You might have had some credibility if you just acknowledged you had misread something somewhere rather than acting like an intellectual amoeba in the face of quotes from things you yourself typed out, all whilst calling me an idiot... embarrassing.

Edited by Stormzy

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

No you were saying that you've never met a Unionist that wasn't a Rangers fan then you started asking me who I supported, i told you and you said this proved a point. It's hilariously stupid from you. 

One more time for the sake of clarity. There are numerous posters on here that are A. Rangers fans but not Unionists and B. Unionists that aren't Rangers fans. Did you just conveniently not see any of their posts?

You might have had some credibility if you just acknowledged you had misread something somewhere rather than acting like an intellectual amoeba in the face of quotes from things you yourself typed out, all whilst calling me an idiot... embarrassing.

Is this like the time you said I made a post wanting WWIII and then even after I conclusively proved I said no such thing, you continued spouting pish?

Nobody in this forum owes you a fucking thing.

4 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Thank me later chaps 😎

Stormzy obviously doesn't understand the concept of "gain" in an election to replace one deceased member in a multi-member ward.

If we look back to 2017, the Tories had 32.0% of the first preference votes, whilst the SNP had 17.8% (an Independent candidate took the majority of the first preferences and was the first candidate to be elected). Effectively, the Tories were over 14% ahead of the SNP.

This time around, there wasn't the factor of a popular independent candidate, so both the SNP & the Tory share of the vote increased.

Tories were up 8%, but the SNP were up 12.4%. That's a 4.4% swing to the SNP. 

Tick-tock...

2 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Stormzy obviously doesn't understand the concept of "gain" in an election to replace one deceased member in a multi-member ward.

If we look back to 2017, the Tories had 32.0% of the first preference votes, whilst the SNP had 17.8% (an Independent candidate took the majority of the first preferences and was the first candidate to be elected). Effectively, the Tories were over 14% ahead of the SNP.

This time around, there wasn't the factor of a popular independent candidate, so both the SNP & the Tory share of the vote increased.

Tories were up 8%, but the SNP were up 12.4%. That's a 4.4% swing to the SNP. 

Tick-tock...

I literally explained to JLD I posted because I voted in this election and the candidate I chose won. Hence the caption... 

7 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

Is this like the time you said I made a post wanting WWIII and then even after I conclusively proved I said no such thing, you continued spouting pish?

Nobody in this forum owes you a fucking thing.

I think I know what you're referencing and that certainly did not happen, I'm pretty sure you said I wanted WW3 or to invade Japan because you thought I voted for Brexit but I'm sure you'll be able to post receipts of this interaction, shouldn't be hard now.. 

I don't think anyone owes me anything but I've admitted I'm wrong when I am, very rarely happens of course but there's been a few times recently where people have been wrong with a point I'm arguing and they just disappear and don't acknowledge it, I think it says more about them than me tbf and anyone else that does the same. 

(Inb4 no posts are quoted because that literally never happened)

Uh ohhh...

On 01/02/2021 at 12:15, Anonapersona said:

I can just image you Brixiters in a few years: Tokyo can't tell us what to do. We demand independence. And also WWII.

On 01/02/2021 at 13:26, Stormzy said:

I've already said I embraced it before the referendum, I chose to vote Remain after weighing things up that felt important to me at the time. 

I also found the rejoin argument to be incredulous and think the only thing to do if you want to remain in the UK is to embrace such democratic decisions. 

I think it would be reductive to call me a Brexiteer, or to frame my opinions as wanting to take Tokyo or whatever silly thing you said not that you evidently care for such things  

On 01/02/2021 at 13:33, Anonapersona said:

I was actually being serious about the Tokyo thing. That kind of thinking has overrun large swathes of the English population.

Well this is kinda awkward. 

Edited by Stormzy

13 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I literally explained to JLD I posted because I voted in this election and the candidate I chose won. Hence the caption... 

Well done you! Are you sure you spelled "X" correctly?

I suspect that your real motive for posting was that Britain Elects reported it as "CON gain", which is an extremely misleading description in a multi-member ward. 

However, you're welcome to clutch at any straws you can.

Edited by lichtgilphead
autocorrect f*ckup