Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

8 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The UK still has a handful of stolen overseas territories it can use for it's lebensraum.

Disappointed that some posters would openly flaunt international law and disrespect the territorial integrity of the future Scottish republic though.

[Don't say it don't say it don't say it don't say it]

Actually, it's "flout".

[Dammit]

7 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Scenes when the Scottish Borders gets swapped for Gibraltar. 

I'm afraid the Scottish borders will have to accept their place in the nation state to which they will belong. Before all their young people are conscripted in the glorious war to take back Carlisle and Berwick of course

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I'm afraid the Scottish borders will have to accept their place in the nation state to which they will belong. Before all their young people are conscripted in the glorious war to take back Carlisle and Berwick of course

What's the likely defintion of young here..? 

I'd send big Jesse Rae in first just for the imagery alone. 

Edited by Stormzy

Forced population transfers famously pioneered by the good marshal Stalin for the recalcitrant border bumpkins

12 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Worth saying, the SNP got 40% and 38% in the two Dumfries & Galloway seats. It's not like it's Lincolnshire.

The Borders though, they're still forelock-tuggers.

No, but Lincoln Red Imps will take Queen of the South's place in the SPFL on independence day.

52 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

The dekulakisation of Selkirk

Selkirk was the last place I lived before moving to the States. Every time I went to a pub it was filled with auld, dour faced c***s.

Then you look at housing schemes like Bannerfield and wonder why they vote for this.

Forced population transfers famously pioneered by the good marshal Stalin for the recalcitrant border bumpkins
And not just in Russia.

The annexation and forced expulsion of Germans from Konigsberg and Memel is probably one of the worst things the Allies did in WW2.

On 11/05/2021 at 19:17, Chapelhall chap said:

Their decline started when they parachute Helen Liddell in for that bye election after John  Smith's death. John Reid was no better but Pamela Nash went on to find her true place in a Tory funded SIU. Labour did come close in 2017 when SNP supporters took a rest and I can't see them doing better than 2nd.  I have been known to be wrong and I am off to watch the Diamonds take on Cove.

No one really posting on the SNP's first hold of a Constituency in a bye election so I claim my prediction point. I was right about the low turnout and there was some tactical switching by the staunch unionists but not enough to do a Jackie Baillie. 

Swap Isle of Man for Carlisle and I agree

No one really posting on the SNP's first hold of a Constituency in a bye election so I claim my prediction point. I was right about the low turnout and there was some tactical switching by the staunch unionists but not enough to do a Jackie Baillie. 
Its funny I watched Adam Boultens politics show 11-12 on sky this morning. Last week the whole show was taken up on the appointment of 1WM MP in Hartlepool, absolutely no mention of the new SNP MP today, Despite output being the same. Bit obvious tbh....let's not shout more SNP wins if we don't have to....

29 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
57 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Its funny I watched Adam Boultens politics show 11-12 on sky this morning. Last week the whole show was taken up on the appointment of 1WM MP in Hartlepool, absolutely no mention of the new SNP MP today, Despite output being the same. Bit obvious tbh....let's not shout more SNP wins if we don't have to....

I know you're being reductive but the Tories taking a seat for the first time since 1959 is pretty noteworthy news.

7 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
9 hours ago, NotThePars said:
I know you're being reductive but the Tories taking a seat for the first time since 1959 is pretty noteworthy news.

Don't disagree and far more newsworthy, but surely a mention of a WM by-election on a politics programme hours after it announced merits a mention?

I would guarantee you we would have had the new MP, leader of the party, John Curtis, Billy from Question Time and Proud ScotnBritish55 twitter account on to give interviews if a yoon won. But they didnae.

Teacher bids to become Scotland's first female Muslim MSP in action plan to  tackle racists - Daily Record