Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s social media at its most insidious.  A small group of people reinforcing each other’s delusions.  

Hey, it happens on threads here too, it's just that we're right... 

Edited by GordonS

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Hey, it happens on threads here too, it's just that we're right... 

Well you are when you’re agreeing with me.

On a more serious note, a small bunch of folk with no expertise vying with each other to get the most greenies whilst denigrating public health professionals and offering ‘strategies’ without any accountability for the single biggest crisis in my lifetime is certainly a contender with the heads gone thread for heads gone.

19 hours ago, GordonS said:

Seriously, why do people respond to this creepy bigot? He really brings nothing at all. 

Haud the bus. I'm not having creepy...

I'd also like to point out I've never posted content bigoted or had the mods remove posts of mine for being antisemitic/racist/homophobic/bigoted unlike others on here that have tried to call me a bigot, yourself included in that list. 

Also please expand on what you think you "bring to" pie and bovril.com? 

Edited by Stormzy

Just going to drop this receipt in here incase anyone wasn't aware. 

On 11/04/2021 at 14:04, Sweet Pete said:

@GordonS

"It's a term Catholics use". I've never heard a single Catholic say it. I've only ever heard it used by non-Catholics in a derogatory manner towards Catholics. As for it being insensitive or offensive for several people to have pulled you up for using such derogatory language, well that's just about the stupidest doubling down bullshit I've ever seen. You also accuse others of pretending to be stupid, when that is literally the tactic you're using, and forewarn others against accusations of defending yourself by having Catholic friends. You're describing your own actions. Incredible. I don't think I've ever seen a worse attempt at defence or justification.

This isn't playground infant behaviour no matter how desperately you try and deflect it as such. You've been pulled up for saying something derogatory and you're not mature enough to take your medicine like an adult and move on. That's what's playground here.

Fascinating isn't it that someone can accuse me of bigotry purely because I'm a Rangers fan when he shamefully inbetween hall monitoring sessions actually posts bigoted anti catholic language, something I've never done. 

Always those that shout the loudest eh. 

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Just going to drop this receipt in here incase anyone wasn't aware. 

Fascinating isn't it that someone can accuse me of bigotry purely because I'm a Rangers fan when he shamefully inbetween hall monitoring sessions actually posts bigoted anti catholic language, something I've never done. 

Always those that shout the loudest eh. 

He’s a pompous know-it-all who first came to my attention desperate for the approval of his Linlithgow peers. He’s (allegedly) been a choirboy, ticked everything else off on the catholic-upbringing checklist and of course some of his best friends are catholics; So therefore it’s perfectly acceptable in his mind to continue using the sort of backwards phrases and terminology that allow sectarianism to thrive and bigotry to be an everyday occurrence. 

An absolute bore as well. Might need to make him my first poster on ignore.

Edited by 8MileBU

6 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

He’s a pompous know-it-all who first came to my attention desperate for the approval of his Linlithgow peers. He’s (allegedly) been a choirboy, ticked everything else off on the catholic-upbringing checklist and of course some of his best friends are catholics; ...

Could he really have been oblivious to how controversial that phrase can be after the extent to which Celtic supporters collectively flipped their lid online when it appeared in the Sunday Herald one time and forced a full-page apology?

http://www.allmediascotland.com/press-news/15199/sunday-herald-issues-apology/

Definitely stretched credulity close to breaking point.

27 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Could he really have been oblivious to how controversial that phrase can be after the extent to which Celtic supporters collectively flipped their lid online when it appeared in the Sunday Herald one time and forced a full-page apology?

Of course not but he’s a twat and full of himself so it matters not a jot to him.

Edited by 8MileBU

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Don't be a fud.

I literally know a priest in Lanarkshire that uses that word about some of his own parishioners. He's the priest that married my wife and I. Pretending to find a very boring and normal upbringing "stretching credulity" is weird. I grew up Catholic, I lost my belief in God in my late teens like many/most do, I was a conflicted Celtic fan until I moved to Linlithgow over 20 years ago and found a club I could follow that wasn't a constant embarrassment, that's it. Woo, what an exciting tale.

I said the usual suspects would choose to be bellends about this, and I haven't been disappointed. 

8Mile has had a hard-on for me ever since I started posting on this site, I don't profess to know why, I don't think I've ever even argued with him but it certainly comes across as misplaced anger for some shortcomings in his life. As you quoted him I can see what he said - so in response, I was an altar boy at St Gabriel's on Merrylee Road in the 1980s, never a choirboy, and in my experience the only people who call anyone a know-it-all are people who don't know anything.

The one thing he got right is that I'm pompous. I stopped caring about that a long time ago.

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Don't be a fud.

I literally know a priest in Lanarkshire that uses that word about some of his own parishioners. He's the priest that married my wife and I. Pretending to find a very boring and normal upbringing "stretching credulity" is weird. I grew up Catholic, I lost my belief in God in my late teens like many/most do, I was a conflicted Celtic fan until I moved to Linlithgow over 20 years ago and found a club I could follow that wasn't a constant embarrassment, that's it. Woo, what an exciting tale.

I said the usual suspects would choose to be bellends about this, and I haven't been disappointed. 

8Mile has had a hard-on for me ever since I started posting on this site, I don't profess to know why, I don't think I've ever even argued with him but it certainly comes across as misplaced anger for some shortcomings in his life. As you quoted him I can see what he said - so in response, I was an altar boy at St Gabriel's on Merrylee Road in the 1980s, never a choirboy, and in my experience the only people who call anyone a know-it-all are people who don't know anything.

The one thing he got right is that I'm pompous. I stopped caring about that a long time ago.

Edited by Stormzy

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

Don't be a fud.

So you're allowed to post bigoted language because you were mates with a priest where as you know nothing about my background, I've never posted anything bigoted yet you run around the forum calling me a bigot, pleading with people not to interact with me...

This is brilliant. Here we have it in 4k, he thinks sectarian language is okay when he uses it but also thinks that I'm a bigot without any reason even though I don't use such language. 

What a sad and pathetic thing to do by a pitiful, spineless mollusc of a man. 

Edited by Stormzy

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Is GordonS Catholic?

Is that a general question or do you want me to answer? Can someone who doesn't believe in God call themselves Catholic? I don't think so, but the church calls me "lapsed".

Hard to imagine any subject more off topic tbh.

16 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Is that a general question or do you want me to answer? Can someone who doesn't believe in God call themselves Catholic? I don't think so, but the church calls me "lapsed".

Hard to imagine any subject more off topic tbh.

I'm trying to gauge whether a bunch of Rangers supporters are policing what a Catholic calls themselves.

13 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I'm trying to gauge whether a bunch of Rangers supporters are policing what a Catholic calls themselves.

No policing on my behalf here. Gordon can refer to himself however he sees fit but I find it strange as an atheist that another atheist can go around using terms catholics find derogatory yet try and frame me as a bigot, unprovoked, especially considering I don't use such language for Catholics or Protestants. 

Can I just say say something in defence of Gordon.

I kind of know where he’s coming from

I was brought up in a staunch CoS family and even became an Elder and Treasurer before realising - I don’t believe in this.

However, most of the folks in my local church are top class and do lots of good things both within and without the Church and I still pay a monthly s/o into the funds. Like Gordon I am classed as lapsed but still, I think, on the books.

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Can I just say say something in defence of Gordon.

I kind of know where he’s coming from

I was brought up in a staunch CoS family and even became an Elder and Treasurer before realising - I don’t believe in this.

However, most of the folks in my local church are top class and do lots of good things both within and without the Church and I still pay a monthly s/o into the funds. Like Gordon I am classed as lapsed but still, I think, on the books.

This is all fair of course but it's completely unfair for someone who uses such language to call me a bigot unprovoked with no evidence of such behaviour or with no knowledge of my own background. 

12 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

This is all fair of course but it's completely unfair for someone who uses such language to call me a bigot unprovoked with no evidence of such behaviour or with no knowledge of my own background. 

Maybe he’ll give you an apology?

Mind you, if he’s as pompous as he says he is, then maybe not.