Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

Only a fifth of English voters oppose Scottish independence, Telegraph poll reveals
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/05/28/exclusive-fifth-english-voters-oppose-scottish-independence/
Of course, why would the majority of English not oppose getting rid of narrow minded nationalists spongers who hate them

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Only a fifth of English voters oppose Scottish independence, Telegraph poll reveals

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/05/28/exclusive-fifth-english-voters-oppose-scottish-independence/

It’s really bizarre that there is more opposition to Scottish Independence in Scotland than there is in England.

The servile mindset is a sad, sad thing.

Why on Earth would anyone feel opposed to somewhere else seeking independence anyway?

Suppose someone told you that Wales fancied running their own affairs. Why would you give a shit?

20 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s really bizarre that there is more opposition to Scottish Independence in Scotland than there is in England.

The servile mindset is a sad, sad thing.

That's not bizarre at all.

Yes it's extremely sad, over a decade of it in Scotland and people are still confused why we're still locked up in our houses for the past year. The boot licking that occurs on this forum is nauseating isn't it? 

23 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

That's not bizarre at all.

Yes it's extremely sad, over a decade of it in Scotland and people are still confused why we're still locked up in our houses for the past year. The boot licking that occurs on this forum is nauseating isn't it? 

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTe9-K9iioFXNRAAIzHb9o1YKlpskrYIq4Ciw&usqp=CAU

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Seriously, why do people respond to this creepy bigot? He really brings nothing at all. 

It's worse than that and the amount of utter bilge on here has been concomitant with what I'd hope is but a temporary downturn in forum quality.

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

It's worse than that and the amount of utter bilge on here has been concomitant with what I'd hope is but a temporary downturn in forum quality.

If you listen to the auld yins, the forum's been shite since it stopped being Falkirk and St Mirren fans laughing at each other  :P

I think the idea is to get the trolls coalescing in the Politics subforum to stop them polluting the rest of the site. In a few years, there'll be one guy left dishing out bad faith arguments to the void, but completely unable to stop himself from biting to his own posts when nobody else replies.

12 minutes ago, BFTD said:

If you listen to the auld yins, the forum's been shite since it stopped being Falkirk and St Mirren fans laughing at each other  :P

I think the idea is to get the trolls coalescing in the Politics subforum to stop them polluting the rest of the site. In a few years, there'll be one guy left dishing out bad faith arguments to the void, but completely unable to stop himself from biting to his own posts when nobody else replies.

The worst threads on the politics forum are a massive step up from the Coronavirus thread in GN.  I’d assume 99% of the posters are trolls if I didn’t know better.

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The worst threads on the politics forum are a massive step up from the Coronavirus thread in GN.  I’d assume 99% of the posters are trolls if I didn’t know better.

Every now and then I'll see a sidebar reply on the Coronavirus thread, and it always looks mental. I get the impression that most folk still posting there are only a few YouTube videos away from going full conspiracy nut and asking Laurence Fox to stand in their constituency.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Every now and then I'll see a sidebar reply on the Coronavirus thread, and it always looks mental. I get the impression that most folk still posting there are only a few YouTube videos away from going full conspiracy nut and asking Laurence Fox to stand in their constituency.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Mixu/Pato has put this more eloquently about the Covid thread and politics subforum, but yeah, we're pretty much all just pissing in the wind.

At one point I wondered just how much time some people have invested fact checking on a Scottish hot food and beverage forum or going far enough to constantly sign up over and over again when previous accounts get banned or they humiliate themselves, but at the end of the day everyone is on here doing their own little thing. If people are happy frothing at the mouth multiple times a day on the covid thread then great, probably best to just let 'em go wild with it, remember to not get too invested or worked up yourself if you see something and think "hang on im not sure thats right" and maybe have a nice cup of tea or something.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Glad others think this too, I gave up on it well over a year ago. I've dipped in a few times but I always end up wondering "how do these folk think people are catching this?" Despite an unimaginable interruption to our lives about 10 million people in the UK are estimated to have caught it so far, so it's clearly somewhat infectious.

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Glad others think this too, I gave up on it well over a year ago. I've dipped in a few times but I always end up wondering "how do these folk think people are catching this?" Despite an unimaginable interruption to our lives about 10 million people in the UK are estimated to have caught it so far, so it's clearly somewhat infectious.

It’s social media at its most insidious.  A small group of people reinforcing each other’s delusions.