Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

7 minutes ago, Sooky said:

I'd happily take that right now tbh. I've always thought 12+ seats has been a fantasy, and this has been a fucking disaster of a campaign. All credit to Labour, they've ran a very good election so far.

Using the Scotland Votes modeling tool gives you a slightly different set  of numbers. ultimately it's all down to the local constituency terrain, rather than uniform swings  but for what it's worth:

Capture2.thumb.JPG.1fb4bc8c1e4634b9cd644305f21debc8.JPG

Just now, renton said:

The terrible thing about that model is the idea of that fucking Tuba boy in parliament.....

I'm not convinced he'll make it. I think the affluent areas are far more likely to go for Tories than labour candidates considering the potential prime ministers at the end of it.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I'd laugh ma c0ck off if these polls north and south of the border turned out to be true.

The Tories have been bigging themselves up so much (with the help of their pet press) that anything short of a massive majority in Westminster combined with the collapse of the SNP vote in Scotland must be looked upon as failure.

A hung parliament would see internal chaos in the Tory party and May would find it impossible to survive. Combine that with 50 seats and a strong vote for the SNP, and Buffalo Bob's arrogance, bile and bluster would be silenced.

Let's hope to God it turns out that way.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Labour are currently 16/1 in East Renfrewshire on Paddy Power. Their constituency odds are really back of a fag packet stuff at the moment so it could be worth a small investment. 

Seems that way. Tories are 6/4 in Edinburgh North and Leith decpite coming 3rd on 16% of the vote last time. Labour, who lost by a few thousand votes, are at 10s.

That's not to say the Tories won't win it but I fancy there to be one or two  10/1+ outcomes on the day.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

This is pretty out there stuff from yougov. It's giving me false hope. 

Yeah, would love a hung parly but I reckon YouGov can only go so far. A lot of the grey vote who'll still vote Tory, if they're not scared of by dementia tax, probably aren't signed up. Ditto, a lot of the working class and young vote who might come and vote but who would probably also vote in Indyref2. Lets face it, it's only the active and interested - geeks - who will sign up to YouGov.

Swings and roundabouts.

Edited by Crùbag

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 42% (-1)
LAB: 39% (+3)
LDEM: 7% (-2)
UKIP: 4% (-)

(via @YouGov / 30 - 31 May)

Oh my. I'm guessing this is a normal poll with existing methodology. A 3 point Tory lead. 

Its on lads. It. Is. On. 

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 42% (-1)
LAB: 39% (+3)
LDEM: 7% (-2)
UKIP: 4% (-)

(via @YouGov / 30 - 31 May)

Oh my. I'm guessing this is a normal poll with existing methodology. A 3 point Tory lead. 

Its on lads. It. Is. On. 

Oh Jeremy Corbyn! Wins leadership election as 100-1 outsider. Tories are cacking it he's going to repeat it.