New clubs in the East of Scotland

4 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'm more in favour of them going north aswell. But I'm.actually now in favour of a lowland league 2 once enough weat clubs are licensed I think it would be a quicker way also to getting a flowing lowland league as it would soften the blow for some of the smaller lowland league clubs

I said that a few years ago and got ridiculed on here. Would be typical oor ship having already sailed away from them waters a long time ago. 😏

6 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Would you recognise Tayport as being within the Midland League or EOSFL administrative area? If we say Tayport, Newburgh, St Andrews etc would be in the ML it becomes more messy. There are some really difficult issues to resolve. There is not an easy solution.

To be honest, im from Glasgow so that area is not my thing, but understand the problems associated with it.
In saying that, if there was definitive borders then its would be easy to put each team in the correct area.

yes agree there is no easy solution

5 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'm more in favour of them going north aswell. But I'm.actually now in favour of a lowland league 2 once enough weat clubs are licensed I think it would be a quicker way also to getting a flowing lowland league as it would soften the blow for some of the smaller lowland league clubs

Definitely not in favour of a Lowland league 2.
The associations are lop-sided and the more leagues introduced into the Lowland would mean a bottle neck of a lot of tops sides fighting for one  promotion position when if the Midland league was moved to the highland would make it a little more even and the strength of teams would be stronger in the Highland league than it s now

12 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Definitely not in favour of a Lowland league 2.
The associations are lop-sided and the more leagues introduced into the Lowland would mean a bottle neck of a lot of tops sides fighting for one  promotion position

The basic point around a LL2 is that it would remove the bottle neck between Tier 5 & 6 in the Lowland as you could have 3up/3down like most divisions in the same league set up.

Whereas Lowland with WoS/EoS/SoS underneath is unlikely to see 3 teams promoted from the Tier 6 leagues anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The basic point around a LL2 is that it would remove the bottle neck between Tier 5 & 6 in the Lowland as you could have 3up/3down like most divisions in the same league set up.

Whereas Lowland with WoS/EoS/SoS underneath is unlikely to see 3 teams promoted from the Tier 6 leagues anytime soon.

Then you'd have a bottle neck between tiers 6-7 if you had a LL2.

12 hours ago, never been to scotland said:

Exactly. I'm also not sure what the safety net would be for the likes of Vale of Leithen. They would probably get relegated again from a LL2.

But... surely that's the whole point of a pyramid system (or at an even more basic level, of the principle of promotion and relegation)? To allow teams to move up or down till they reach a level they are comfortable with, and can hopefully be competitive at.

Not to operate as a quasi closed shop, forever finding (often flimsy) excuses for salvaging teams which are patently out of their depth, and have been for a considerable time.

And for the sake of balance... not to prevent (via self-interested gerrymandering) ambitious clubs being able to progress in the other direction, provided of course they get it right both on and off the field.

🐰

5 hours ago, Edinburgh Hatter said:

But... surely that's the whole point of a pyramid system (or at an even more basic level, of the principle of promotion and relegation)? To allow teams to move up or down till they reach a level they are comfortable with, and can hopefully be competitive at.

Not to operate as a quasi closed shop, forever finding (often flimsy) excuses for salvaging teams which are patently out of their depth, and have been for a considerable time.

And for the sake of balance... not to prevent (via self-interested gerrymandering) ambitious clubs being able to progress in the other direction, provided of course they get it right both on and off the field.

🐰

I agree completely. It needs to be more open at every level as there are bottlenecks all over the lower tiers. What I disagreed with is the idea that a LL2 somehow provides a safety net for poorer Lowland league clubs. 

It would have if newly entering EoS and WoS clubs had been slow to get licensed and entry level had been made a membership requirment for an LL2, but if most of the clubs in the WoS premier get licensed as quickly as those in the EoS premier did there's not much chance it would now. That may explain why we have heard very little about the LL2 scenario recently.

• 2 weeks later...

from the East Of Scotland website 

https://www.eosfl.com/

Joint statement East and West of Scotland Leagues

The EoSFL and WoSFL have agreed a boundary for new member applications which is based upon local authority areas. Clubs in Stirling, Falkirk and West Lothian Council areas who wish to join the pyramid will be directed to apply to the EoSFL while clubs in North and South Lanarkshire and East Dunbartonshire will be directed to apply to the WoSFL.

These local authority boundaries will not affect any club already in membership of either League. Once a Club is admitted to a League, any application to switch Leagues will not be entertained except with the prior approval of both Leagues.  

9 minutes ago, pollokfan1987 said:

Joint statement East and West of Scotland Leagues

The EoSFL and WoSFL have agreed a boundary for new member applications which is based upon local authority areas. Clubs in Stirling, Falkirk and West Lothian Council areas who wish to join the pyramid will be directed to apply to the EoSFL while clubs in North and South Lanarkshire and East Dunbartonshire will be directed to apply to the WoSFL.

These local authority boundaries will not affect any club already in membership of either League. Once a Club is admitted to a League, any application to switch Leagues will not be entertained except with the prior approval of both Leagues.  

No exception for Harthill Royal then!

12 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

No exception for Harthill Royal then!

I think "without the prior approval of both leagues" comes into play there. That's one that they might jointly approve; the others, not so much.

Joint statement East and West of Scotland Leagues The EoSFL and WoSFL have agreed a boundary for new member applications which is based upon local authority areas. Clubs in Stirling, Falkirk and West Lothian Council areas who wish to join the pyramid will be directed to apply to the EoSFL while clubs in North and South Lanarkshire and East Dunbartonshire will be directed to apply to the WoSFL.

Common sense, and a real hammer blow to certain regular posters on this thread as they take the L for about the 70th time in a row.