New clubs in the East of Scotland

12 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Hopefully they know where to call home these days.

They could also do with incorporating Grangemouth in their name.

Grangemouth must be the biggest town in Scotland to never had senior football (and only fleetingly junior) representation. 

The Falkirk Junior team from a few years back was always set to fail given their name. If Syngenta became Syngenta Grangemouth, they'd have half a chance of getting some of the locals behind them.

Harthill confirm on FB they are applying to West of Scotland league.
Fair enough.

You may have heard various comments with regards to the East Region SJFA, our current league, and the changes that various teams are making for the new season, 2021/22.
For those that are not aware of the changes, many teams have decided to move to East of Scotland, which of course has massive implications for the remaining teams.
Therefore, after deep consideration, the Committee decided the way forward for our Club, to help us progress further for Licensing and entry into the SFA Pyramid System, is to apply to the West of Scotland League.
The application process has begun and we will keep you up to date on the next steps of this exciting new adventure for the Club and support.
Meanwhile, the Management and players have been busy working hard throughout lockdown, keeping their fitness in check and really looking forward to getting back to playing again for Harthill!

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Tayport have stated they are putting in an application. Dave Baikie mentioned it during a podcast. 

Any news on the position of Scone Thistle, Marten? 

With Letham FC probably joining Jeanfield Swifts, Luncarty and Kinnoull in the EOSFL, Scone will be left  "out on a limb" in a Tayside League

Harthill confirm on FB they are applying to West of Scotland league.
Fair enough.
You may have heard various comments with regards to the East Region SJFA, our current league, and the changes that various teams are making for the new season, 2021/22. For those that are not aware of the changes, many teams have decided to move to East of Scotland, which of course has massive implications for the remaining teams. Therefore, after deep consideration, the Committee decided the way forward for our Club, to help us progress further for Licensing and entry into the SFA Pyramid System, is to apply to the West of Scotland League. The application process has begun and we will keep you up to date on the next steps of this exciting new adventure for the Club and support. Meanwhile, the Management and players have been busy working hard throughout lockdown, keeping their fitness in check and really looking forward to getting back to playing again for Harthill!  
I think they're making a big mistake, but good luck to them, it's right that they are given the choice.

Not sure what will happen if the members vote against right enough.

3 hours ago, Steven W said:

Grangemouth must be the biggest town in Scotland to never had senior football (and only fleetingly junior) representation. 

The Falkirk Junior team from a few years back was always set to fail given their name. If Syngenta became Syngenta Grangemouth, they'd have half a chance of getting some of the locals behind them.

I'm not sure falkirk juniors was about attracting fans though. It was about creating a club for players to go too because most of them had been playing in fife or west lothian. Most had been at crossgates or west calder when terry aikman was manager at west calder

58 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Any news on the position of Scone Thistle, Marten? 

With Letham FC probably joining Jeanfield Swifts, Luncarty and Kinnoull in the EOSFL, Scone will be left  "out on a limb" in a Tayside League

As far as I'm aware, they are wanting to move with the rest of the ERJFA North. If there is going to be a Tayside senior league, all current ERJFA North clubs seem to want to join it collectively. 

Although none of my sources are connected to Scone themselves, so this doesn't mean they definitely won't join EOS instead. They could even spread their bets by applying for both the EOS and trying to get into a Tayside senior league (just like Tayport seem likely to do) so if being located below the boundary becomes an issue for pyramid entry, they'll go EOS instead.

Edited by Marten

21 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'm not sure falkirk juniors was about attracting fans though. It was about creating a club for players to go too because most of them had been playing in fife or west lothian. Most had been at crossgates or west calder when terry aikman was manager at west calder

Ah!

Well the point remains that if Syngenta 'buy into' Grangemouth, there's a bit of an untapped market there.

7 hours ago, Steven W said:

There isn't a single person in Grangemouth who wouldn't go to watch Syngenta but would go to watch "Syngenta Grangemouth". It's been a well known youth team in the area for as long as I can remember, and adding "Grangemouth" isn't going to attract armchair fans to watch non league football.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

There isn't a single person in Grangemouth who wouldn't go to watch Syngenta but would go to watch "Syngenta Grangemouth". It's been a well known youth team in the area for as long as I can remember, and adding "Grangemouth" isn't going to attract armchair fans to watch non league football.

Maybe not the “armchair” fans, but the completely OBLIVIOUS (edit!) possibly new-comers to the town. You will be amazing at how many people who have an interest in football don’t know they have one on their doorstep and would quite happily pay £6 now and again to see what it’s all about. It’s then up to the club to stabilise and keep them coming 

Edited by Spyro

Maybe not the “armchair” fans, but the completely obvious possibly new-comers to the town. You will be amazing at how many people who have an interest in football don’t know they have one on their doorstep and would quite happily pay £6 now and again to see what it’s all about. It’s then up to the club to stabilise and keep them coming 
Point is, it wouldn't do any harm adding Grangemouth, its not as if they have a fan base to piss off by altering their name.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Point is, it wouldn't do any harm adding Grangemouth, its not as if they have a fan base to piss off by altering their name.

Yes, folk will be amazed at how many potential punters won’t even twig until they say their actual town name written in the lower league results, then realise they have a team on their doorstep...

Maybe Whitehill Welfare need to go back to Rosewell Rosedale to tap into the incomers to the village who have no idea where “Whitehill” is 😏

The main thing Syngenta need to do is make sure they remain as close to Grangemouth as possible otherwise its a totally nomadic existence. The name Syngenta is synonymous with Grangemouth and for a town its size it could support a team easily but only if they do something to appeal to the community. Playing on another EOS teams park won't help them grow like they were doing in the juniors.

They are essentially a continuation of Pennies amateurs and as they were a good amateur team they need to move away from that tag if they are to progress in senior football.

9 hours ago, Eednud said:

Not sure best place to post this so here’s as good as any. Didn’t he also spit the dummy a few years back? https://scottishpyramidnews.yolasite.com

"Time to say goodbye ..

due to continued failure of Holyrood, to deal with the Scottish Football shambles 

(and their own), we have no options left but to stop publishing and supporting the game. We are filling out our postal vote ... and sending it to Santa ..

We will probably be in Algarve or Brazil enjoying the sun and a few good pints .. 

trying to stop laughing at the utter clowns left behind in Scotland .. Hopefully we 

have moved football on a bit, within reach of democracy and proper organisation. 

.. but under the Holyrood-Hampden clowns and silly little brain-dead clubs .. 

would not bet on that .. Thanks to everyone who did their bit for the cause .."

Pretty much everyone in any sort of position in Scottish football looked at his rantings and laughed.  He seemed to have a very big opinion of himself.  We have a Pyramid in place (finally) but because he had zero influence on it then of course it's a shambles, clubs are brain dead etc etc yawn.

Rantings of a lunatic.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

"Time to say goodbye ..

due to continued failure of Holyrood, to deal with the Scottish Football shambles 

(and their own), we have no options left but to stop publishing and supporting the game. We are filling out our postal vote ... and sending it to Santa ..

We will probably be in Algarve or Brazil enjoying the sun and a few good pints .. 

trying to stop laughing at the utter clowns left behind in Scotland .. Hopefully we 

have moved football on a bit, within reach of democracy and proper organisation. 

.. but under the Holyrood-Hampden clowns and silly little brain-dead clubs .. 

would not bet on that .. Thanks to everyone who did their bit for the cause .."

Pretty much everyone in any sort of position in Scottish football looked at his rantings and laughed.  He seemed to have a very big opinion of himself.  We have a Pyramid in place (finally) but because he had zero influence on it then of course it's a shambles, clubs are brain dead etc etc yawn.

Rantings of a lunatic.

They'll be back. It's been 30 odd years of largely talking to themselves. Just wait for the pre-season friendlies to start and threads will be spammed with their website links as usual.

15 hours ago, Spyro said:

Yes, folk will be amazed at how many potential punters won’t even twig until they say their actual town name written in the lower league results, then realise they have a team on their doorstep...

Maybe Whitehill Welfare need to go back to Rosewell Rosedale to tap into the incomers to the village who have no idea where “Whitehill” is 😏

Can you give any evidence of that?

I think it's more likely that Syngenta will fall in to the new funding model used by other clubs who don't rely on supporter attendance. I do prefer place names but it won't make a difference as there isn't some untapped, latent support in the area.

If I was doing it, I'd maybe try a deal to get Falkirk supporters in when they're away.

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They'll be back. It's been 30 odd years of largely talking to themselves. Just wait for the pre-season friendlies to start and threads will be spammed with their website links as usual.

Pete used to claim it was more than just him shouting at the clouds, but I was never convinced.  A one man operation that everyone else stayed well away from.

13 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Pete used to claim it was more than just him shouting at the clouds, but I was never convinced.  A one man operation that everyone else stayed well away from.

Do you know who the league reconstructionist(s) on that thread are? That seems like the same multi alias making bizarre posts about every format from local up to European level.

I suspect it's somebody's hobby, rather than going to games.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

53 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Can you give any evidence of that?

I think it's more likely that Syngenta will fall in to the new funding model used by other clubs who don't rely on supporter attendance. I do prefer place names but it won't make a difference as there isn't some untapped, latent support in the area.

If I was doing it, I'd maybe try a deal to get Falkirk supporters in when they're away.

East stirlingshire did that with half price season tickets if u had a falkirk one