New clubs in the East of Scotland

14 minutes ago, Marten said:

It's clear that according to the rules the EOS can accept anyone they want to accept (with the exception of the recent agreement with the WOS) and the LL has to accept any licensed champion that wins the EOS/SOS/WOS play-off regardless of their location. I would assume though that the LL could try to put some pressure on the EOS not to accept clubs that are too far outside "their area". 

I'm not too sure about that part Marten.

4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Unless I understood the rules wrongly, but I thought the LL had to accept any licensed champion from the WOS, EOS or SOS?

1 minute ago, Marten said:

Unless I understood the rules wrongly, but I thought the LL had to accept any licensed champion from the WOS, EOS or SOS?

If that Champion falls into HL territory is where this becomes problematic.  It's never been tested.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

If that Champion falls into HL territory is where this becomes problematic.  It's never been tested.

Ok, when I have more time I might try to google the actual rules, just out of interest. No disrespect intended to FWE, but I think they're unlikely to test this.

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

As long as they're licenced i'm pretty sure they do. As the LL Pyramid Playoff only really mentions the LL Membership Critieria it would be easily changed by amending the section on Registered Ground for instance to include the SPFL Play-off boundary line.

With the LL rejecting the change of the SPFL Playoff boundary at their last AGM and the EoS & LL sharing a secretary i'm sure both committees are in the loop enough to inform their memberships what the general feeling is on this issue. The EoS don't want to vote in a bunch of new Tayside members only for the LL to react as above at their AGM.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

Ok, when I have more time I might try to google the actual rules, just out of interest. No disrespect intended to FWE, but I think they're unlikely to test this.

Would be good to understand what it actually says.  FWE were a good club at one time, at the top end of the ERJFA.

FWE applying to EOS doesnt prove a permeability to the regional set up any more than Armadale applying west does.

However, if they are accepted I'll happily walk back the idea that Luncarty are the exception.

I don't think it will solve anything though. The first licensed team from Tayside looking to go up to T5 is going to cause all the same nonsense again.

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

FWE applying to EOS doesnt prove a permeability to the regional set up any more than Armadale applying west does.

However, if they are accepted I'll happily walk back the idea that Luncarty are the exception.

I don't think it will solve anything though. The first licensed team from Tayside looking to go up to T5 is going to cause all the same nonsense again.

There has to be a solution for all of Tayside agreed by different parties. As said before, I know these talks are going on but I can't tell in which direction they are heading. It could take many forms, including parties agreeing that clubs can apply to certain leagues and where they get promoted to / join a PO for if they win that league and are licensed.

48 minutes ago, Marten said:

.... I would assume though that the LL could try to put some pressure on the EOS not to accept clubs that are too far outside "their area".  ....

How well did pressure from the SPFL applied to the LL to shift the line of latitude boundary work? The promotion playoff rules are clear enough that any licensed champion from one of the three tier 6 leagues gets automatic promotion to the LL if they win the playoff. There is no mention of geographical limits in that context.

There also is no mention of a Midland league, so all of the SFA, LL, EoS, WoS and SoS would have to sign off on it before a fourth tier 6 feeder would be added which is exceedingly unlikely.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

How well did pressure from the SPFL applied to the LL to shift the line of latitude boundary work? The promotion playoff rules are clear enough that any licensed champion from one of the three tier 6 leagues gets automatic promotion to the LL if they win the playoff. There is no mention of geographical limits in that context.

There also is no mention of a Midland league, so all of the SFA, LL, EoS, WoS and EoS would have to sign off on it before a fourth tier 6 feeder would be added which is exceedingly unlikely.

I don't think the SFA are a party to the agreement.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

I don't think the SFA are a party to the agreement.

The SFA would have to agree to any tier 6 feeders that are added, regardless of whether it's to the HL or LL.

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

It was a red herring because it only applies to relegation from the SPFL to tier 5.

It's not a red herring because I'm sure nobody wants a situation where a club could win to EoS, win the LL, get promoted to L2 and then get relegated to the HL. It's not a rule for the EoS but it's got to be persuasive at least.

35 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The LL rules are clear that, if they're licensed, the champions of the EOSFL will enter play-offs to be promoted to the LL or, if they're the only licensed champion from the EOSFL, SOSFL and WOSFL, they'll be promoted automatically. There's no room for the LL to set additional conditions and there's no geographical limit on LL membership.

http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Lower-Pyramid-play-off-rules-2020.pdf 

Just now, GordonS said:

There's no room for the LL to set additional conditions and there's no geographical limit on LL membership.

http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Lower-Pyramid-play-off-rules-2020.pdf 

The LL Pyramid doesn't actually mention licencing. It's all about LL Membership Criteria.

image.png.6561998163d8139cf8b8487c32f9fe3b.png

As things like Registered Ground falls within the scope of the LL Rules and Membership Criteria they could easily add the SPFL Play-off Boundary line to it if they so wished.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The LL Pyramid doesn't actually mention licencing. It's all about LL Membership Criteria.

image.png.6561998163d8139cf8b8487c32f9fe3b.png

As things like Registered Ground falls within the scope of the LL Rules and Membership Criteria they could easily add the SPFL Play-off Boundary line to it if they so wished.

Yes, and the membership critieria are set in the LL rules:

B - MEMBERSHIP OF THE LEAGUE

B1 All clubs must, on the Completion Date, be licensed, full members of the Scottish FA. The maximum number of clubs will normally be sixteen (16) but may be increased temporarily to a maximum of eighteen (18) at the sole discretion of the Board.

B2  No club can have more than one team playing in the League or any other League which comes under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA Professional Game Board.

B3  It is mandatory as a condition of membership that clubs purchase group insurance organised by the league. Clubs will be invoiced by the treasurer when payment of premium is due.

On top of that there are rules about finance, like paying dues on time. Nothing about location. They could of course change the rules, but as they stand they are required to take the winner of the EOSFL wherever they play, so long as they are licensed. And arguably, introducing a location requirement could be a change to the rules that would require the agreement of all the parties. http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/SLFL-Rules-Version-13.pdf

The very last time the LL invited applications, didn't they stipulate that clubs had to be south of the HL/LL line? That allied to their recent rejection of moving that line northwards to facilitate Brechin would suggest the addition of Tayside clubs into their half of the Pyramid would be problematic.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Yes, and the membership critieria are set in the LL rules:

B - MEMBERSHIP OF THE LEAGUE

B1 All clubs must, on the Completion Date, be licensed, full members of the Scottish FA. The maximum number of clubs will normally be sixteen (16) but may be increased temporarily to a maximum of eighteen (18) at the sole discretion of the Board.

B2  No club can have more than one team playing in the League or any other League which comes under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA Professional Game Board.

B3  It is mandatory as a condition of membership that clubs purchase group insurance organised by the league. Clubs will be invoiced by the treasurer when payment of premium is due.

On top of that there are rules about finance, like paying dues on time. Nothing about location. They could of course change the rules, but as they stand they are required to take the winner of the EOSFL wherever they play, so long as they are licensed. And arguably, introducing a location requirement could be a change to the rules that would require the agreement of all the parties. http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/SLFL-Rules-Version-13.pdf

You said there's no room for the LL to set additional conditions, and they can if they want to as you've noted above. As it's the LL rules it does not require the consent of the other leagues.