New clubs in the East of Scotland

8 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Genuine question for Linlithgow Rose :

Since joining the EoSL, has there been any noticeable change, up or down, in

(1) your average attendance compared with 2017/18

(2) the level of sponsorship or grants or other revenue, which you have received

(3) your wage bill ?

Similar questions can be posed to all ex junior clubs, now in the EoSL. 

For camelon the average attendance upto about 150 it was about 100-120 last year. Obviously as I've stated before scheduling better for games like vs rose meant it was on international Saturday insread of midweek went from 250 to 415.

2 in terms of sponsorship I believe is up with talking to committee we've also had a grant and got money from tesco community.

3 wage bill I think would have went up but not sure

On 29/10/2018 at 20:48, AlanCamelonfan said:

For camelon the average attendance upto about 150 it was about 100-120 last year. Obviously as I've stated before scheduling better for games like vs rose meant it was on international Saturday insread of midweek went from 250 to 415.

2 in terms of sponsorship I believe is up with talking to committee we've also had a grant and got money from tesco community.

3 wage bill I think would have went up but not sure

Positive news.

Other  EoSL clubs similar ?

6 hours ago, Robert James said:

Positive news.

I'd imagine for some there'd have been a bit of a hit because of the standard of opposition for this sole season. Next season's EOS top flight, LL2 not withstanding, will be very competitive.

7 hours ago, Robert James said:

Positive news.

I'm a poor judge of crowd size by eye so I don't know how many we were getting last season, but I've heard it said that crowds are lower at Linlithgow this season. However, we've only had home league games against Stirling Uni, Craigroyston (midweek), Preston and Blackburn, and home cup games against Penicuik (qualifying league section), Dunbar, HWU and Fort William so it's not a fair comparison. Only Camelon, Broxburn and Jeanfield in our conference are equivalent with last season, and even then Jeanfield aren't the biggest draw. We'll need to see where we are next season, though I do worry about folk getting out of the habit of coming.

Folk have been getting out of the habit of Linlithgow games for several years, the drop off in attendances there  last season from a couple of years previously was startling to see.
Aye,it's harder getting them back into the habit of going on a saturday.people got pissed off with what was happening at the club,and found other things to do on a Saturday

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 20:36, Robert James said:

Genuine question for Linlithgow Rose :

Since joining the EoSL, has there been any noticeable change, up or down, in

(1) your average attendance compared with 2017/18

(2) the level of sponsorship or grants or other revenue, which you have received

(3) your wage bill ?

Similar questions can be posed to all ex junior clubs, now in the EoSL. 

I can only answer (1)

For me the crowds don't look anywhere near their previous levels and  recent home games the crowds have felt sparse.  This hasn't happened overnight - but over several seasons.  A lot of well known Rose fans no longer attending - some have drifted to senior football and others remaining in the pub.   

I know this is a transition season - but a lot can happen in that period.  Don't think there has been a single game this season that I have particularly looked forwards to.  Watching games which are totally uncompetitive, isn't that appealing.

That said our crowds home/away are still considerable higher than the majority of clubs who are playing in front of a handful.  

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

I can only answer (1)

For me the crowds don't look anywhere near their previous levels and  recent home games the crowds have felt sparse.  This hasn't happened overnight - but over several seasons.  A lot of well known Rose fans no longer attending - some have drifted to senior football and others remaining in the pub.   

I know this is a transition season - but a lot can happen in that period.  Don't think there has been a single game this season that I have particularly looked forwards to.  Watching games which are totally uncompetitive, isn't that appealing.

That said our crowds home/away are still considerable higher than the majority of clubs who are playing in front of a handful.  

Aye you were uncompetitive against us lol jk

The gates are not significantly different from last season with the obvious exception of Bo'ness and Bonnyrigg. Against Preston Athletic, we took £100 less than we did in a home match against Broxburn last season. Different time of year so maybe not a completely fair comparison but Broxburn are longstanding, local opponents and you'd expect the gap to be more significant. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/10/2018 at 09:36, Auld Heid said:

I can only answer (1)

Is it time to stop talking about crowds, and return to the concept of New Clubs for the EoSL ?  The Festive Season is little more than 4 weeks away, and plans have to be finalised in the East  (at least), early in the New Year, if last season's stampede is to be avoided. Yes and I know it is complicated by

(1) SPFL Division 3 proposals, (2)the possible creation of a 2nd tier for the SLL, (3) a farcical suggestion for a 2nd East feeder league to the SLL operating alongside the EoSL, (4) a lack of information/clarity about a West feeder league to the pyramid and who runs it. and (5) will a separate league be formed for junior clubs north of the Tay, merged or not merged with the North Region Juniors .

But dithering won't help clubs in the East, as time is marching on. So my suggestion for the EoSL is::

(A) set out its structure proposals for next season  for clubs below its Premier Division, determining whether the divisions should be geographical, or hierarchical       (ie having 3 tiers: EoSL Premier, Div 1 and Div 2) arranged on merit

(B)  advertise vacancies for next season early in the NewYear, with a closing date of,  perhaps 28th February 2019 .  There should be a minimum of 5 vacancies, if the divisional structure structure is to be 16 14 14 . THere may be enough clubs applying to consider an extra division as well ?

Taking the initiative is surely in the best interest of the EoSL, and of its member clubs, as it allows proper time for consultation  and planning. In my opinion, the different 'options' in points 1 to 5 above, will not be resolved very quickly. Starting the process early may help  concentrate minds, at least in the East.

6 hours ago, Robert James said:

Is it time to stop talking about crowds, and return to the concept of New Clubs for the EoSL ?  The Festive Season is little more than 4 weeks away, and plans have to be finalised in the East  (at least), early in the New Year, if last season's stampede is to be avoided. Yes and I know it is complicated by

(1) SPFL Division 3 proposals, (2)the possible creation of a 2nd tier for the SLL, (3) a farcical suggestion for a 2nd East feeder league to the SLL operating alongside the EoSL, (4) a lack of information/clarity about a West feeder league to the pyramid and who runs it. and (5) will a separate league be formed for junior clubs north of the Tay, merged or not merged with the North Region Juniors .

But dithering won't help clubs in the East, as time is marching on. So my suggestion for the EoSL is::

(A) set out its structure proposals for next season  for clubs below its Premier Division, determining whether the divisions should be geographical, or hierarchical       (ie having 3 tiers: EoSL Premier, Div 1 and Div 2) arranged on merit

(B)  advertise vacancies for next season early in the NewYear, with a closing date of,  perhaps 28th February 2019 .  There should be a minimum of 5 vacancies, if the divisional structure structure is to be 16 14 14 . THere may be enough clubs applying to consider an extra division as well ?

Taking the initiative is surely in the best interest of the EoSL, and of its member clubs, as it allows proper time for consultation  and planning. In my opinion, the different 'options' in points 1 to 5 above, will not be resolved very quickly. Starting the process early may help  concentrate minds, at least in the East.

They usually give until end of March. I'm pretty sure newcomers will be tier 7. I don't think they can decide what happens for that until they know who is coming

7 hours ago, Robert James said:

The last couple of years they tend to start promoting applications on their website and the like around the turn of the year.

Nice simple 2 pages of a4 account for the initial form at least, easily accessible and to fill out.

Deadline is set for 31st March and last year the first batch of applicants were accepted soon after that. Don't see extensions this year as there's no need and the EoS need the time to start proposing league structures.

11 hours ago, Robert James said:

will it not be a 16-16-16 set up?

In terms of division numbers, a 16 Premier Division was mentioned with the top 5s making that up. However if two EOS teams go to the LL (replacing Whitehill and Selkirk) then it might be that a 14 team Premier would be better for the rest of the league. If there's only one new applicant (Syngenta) plus a reformed Selkirk, then 14 Premier and 13/13 North/South seems like a good setup.

Attached a proposed 2019/20 league setup showing both regions and merit for tier 7/8, based on the current league standings (and a number of assumptions!).

14 hours ago, Robert James said:

Back in June the EOSFL President said they hadn't canvassed Junior clubs - maybe this time they should contact the 20 ERSJFA clubs below the dividing line with a view to getting them all in the EOS next season? You'd want to go to them with a plan though.

Question is, what would the structure look like with 60 teams and where would clubs outside the top 5 or currently in the Juniors end up? Would the five Superleague clubs be happy entering below the teams in 6th-10th in the EOS - or might they not have much choice if some South teams moved over to deplete the Juniors even further?

eosfl.png

26 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

In terms of division numbers, a 16 Premier Division was mentioned with the top 5s making that up. However if two EOS teams go to the LL (replacing Whitehill and Selkirk) then it might be that a 14 team Premier would be better for the rest of the league. If there's only one new applicant (Syngenta) plus a reformed Selkirk, then 14 Premier and 13/13 North/South seems like a good setup.

Attached a proposed 2019/20 league setup showing both regions and merit for tier 7/8, based on the current league standings (and a number of assumptions!).

Back in June the EOSFL President said they hadn't canvassed Junior clubs - maybe this time they should contact the 20 ERSJFA clubs below the dividing line with a view to getting them all in the EOS next season? You'd want to go to them with a plan though.

Question is, what would the structure look like with 60 teams and where would clubs outside the top 5 or currently in the Juniors end up? Would the five Superleague clubs be happy entering below the teams in 6th-10th in the EOS - or might they not have much choice if some South teams moved over to deplete the Juniors even further?

eosfl.png

I'd think Whitehill will be re elecTed.  All guesses at the moment 

27 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

eosfl.png

Also there is noway they are going to relegate clubs two leagues

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'd think Whitehill will be re elecTed.  All guesses at the moment

Also there is noway they are going to relegate clubs two leagues

No shit, that's why I listed the various assumptions. Though if I had the deciding vote I'd go for Linlithgow instead of Whitehill in the LL.

Well if the clubs decided to go with three tiers instead of two regional divisions then the bottom three or four in each conference would need to drop down to tier 8. They would have a much more competitive season than they are now.