New clubs in the East of Scotland

5 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

42 league matches! You would need more than one cup competition in abeyance! Far too big a league! Not sure about the merger either.

Now in season 2 of new EOS set up, any remaining Junior teams wanting to switch over would surely have to accept starting at the lower end of league structureally and take their chances from there.

I know 42 games is probably too much however, in Tier 8, they could finish later than they usually do as Promotions would be within the same league body. Also English non-league clubs play about that over a much larger distance of travel over the course of a season. It would be a struggle but I believe it certainly could be done especially if it was just one season, also most of the clubs at tier 8 wouldn't have a SFA License so wouldn't need to worry about Scottish Cup matches either.

3 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

I know 42 games is probably too much however, in Tier 8, they could finish later than they usually do as Promotions would be within the same league body. Also English non-league clubs play about that over a much larger distance of travel over the course of a season. It would be a struggle but I believe it certainly could be done especially if it was just one season, also most of the clubs at tier 8 wouldn't have a SFA License so wouldn't need to worry about Scottish Cup matches either.

Most English non league teams have lights which allows them to play midweek nearly all year round. 42 games for me is a total non starter.

26 minutes ago, ian44wood said:

The remaining east juniors have had plenty opportunities to join. If they want to join they can start at the lowest tier. 

They can thank TJ for that. 

Personally I'd probably like to see a merger of some sort to get this done and dusted, but I can absolutely understand this point of view as well, plenty clubs will hold this view.

Either way, in my opinion the EoS can no longer hang around waiting for something to happen by going down the Conference route for season after season to accommodate something that may never actually happen.

1 hour ago, ian44wood said:

The remaining east juniors have had plenty opportunities to join. If they want to join they can start at the lowest tier. 

I'm with you on this matter.  Especially as some junior clubs have acted very high and mighty throughout all this.  Loyalty to 'the grade' and all that.  If they want to come over, all well and good but absolutely no advantage should be given.

1 hour ago, ian44wood said:

Hi Ian

I can't see your last comment to me so either I have missed it or you got rid. But, 42 would be the minimum number of matches in a 22 league set up. The current set up has four cups - Alex Jack; Football Nations; King Cup; South Region Challenge that lower clubs can play in - so 42 rises to 46 and higher if you go further than one round.

In addition, most of these teams wont have floodlights, so apart from the August midweek match;  hoards of end of season matches may have to be played, which would be tough as theses teams probably have less squad members that teams in higher divisions, or with more finances.  

Cheers for making your point though - always good to talk on P&B

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

We'll soon have a much clearer picture of the way things are going to go after there has been another PWG meeting.

You're wasted on here - you should be in the running for the comedy award at the Fringe.😉

For me the erajfa had plenty of scope to negotiate a merger below the Premier for this season, they chose not to, placing themselves in a precarious position.

This argument has came up numerous times in the last year where the sjfa appear to have people under the impression they have the sfa at their back, from all I have seen this year, this is certainly not the case.

The sjfa cannot come to the party late and demand what table they sit at, what music is played and what is in the buffet. This is even more so the case in the east, where there is a recognised pyramid structure. If ersjfa clubs wish to get involved in the sfa pyramid, join the eosfl at the lowest level, like every other club did.

The west is shootie in, the east is not, as for the Tayside and North juniors, I have no answers as to what happens.

4 hours ago, G4Mac said:

...This argument has came up numerous times in the last year where the sjfa appear to have people under the impression they have the sfa at their back, ...

The PWG minutes are what provided that impression. It remains to be seen what the SFA will want to do next where the Tay boundary is concerned.

7 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Meantime a 16-12-12 or even 16-14-10 would be a good way to go for me, with plenty of capacity at the bottom for more new applicants.

The seeded conferences with inter-conference games wasn't a format anyone really predicted a year ago. It leaves me wondering how split the clubs are over what the future looks like working with the current membership.

Only with some fairly substantial compromises from people with no obvious track record of doing that sort of thing.
What compromises? Whether a wosfl or the wrsjfa the only thing that has to change is the discipline and the only thing that won't exist would be the junior cup (unless it is used to match the Alex Jack Cup in the eosfl)

Do you seriously think Tom Johnston is going to agree to only the WRSJFA going in? It remains to be seen if the SFA would actually sanction a breakaway WoSFL if/when that doesn't happen and whether enough clubs would even be willing to attempt it in the first place.
And here in lies the whole junior problem, in one sentence. Why does one person hold so much power over the outcome of a process he entered into on behalf of an entire association of football clubs?

Until tj is reigned in or removed I fear we will never see the west where they should be.

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

...Until tj is reigned in or removed I fear we will never see the west where they should be.

So when people on here say that they would be happy to see only the west region enter alone, what they are effectively really saying is that they prefer the west not to be on board any time soon to having two east feeders. All the indications have been that the top SFA officeholders prefer having the west on board ASAP and have no problem with having two east feeders and don't see the Tay boundary as being significant on that. Something has to give at the next PWG meeting or the whole process will collapse.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

47 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So when people on here say that they would be happy to see only the west region enter alone, what they are effectively really saying is that they prefer the west not to be on board any time soon to having two east feeders.

It doesn't need repeating but I will, there was no objections to the West coming on board for this season.   Why did that not happen if the SFA officeholders wanted it as well as you claim?

It was more than likely TJ's insistence that it's west AND east, or nothing. He delivered the latter.

If the west are going to be continually tagged to having another east feeder as part of the deal, then we'll be here discussing it in 12 months time with no progress.  The ball is firmly in the WRJFA's court as to what to do next, if they want to continue to place their faith in TJ then I'd suggest west clubs needs to start talking amongst themselves.

And here in lies the whole junior problem, in one sentence. Why does one person hold so much power over the outcome of a process he entered into on behalf of an entire association of football clubs?

Until tj is reigned in or removed I fear we will never see the west where they should be.
Anyone considered that maybe the West juniors are quite happy as they are? If they were unhappy with Johnston, they'd vote him out. Not everyone sees the pyramid as something to get orgasmic over.