New clubs in the East of Scotland

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I wonder if anyone’s heard anything about the meeting, see some of the bankies fans online presume it may be finished.

Been a few hours since the meeting was due to start. Haven't seen anything either, maybe they're busy enjoying the cheap drink in the bowling club while having their Sunday dinner.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Are there any teams currently in the league that might not be there next season? Tweedmouth have had a difficult season, is there any danger that they might leave the league? Maybe heedtheba has some insight into that?

I’ll be honest, it’s going to be difficult for some teams to be competitive and I would say on what I was told yesterday it’s obviously been talked about !!. Apparently changes at Tweedmouth for next season, hopefully changing their fortunes. Peebles,Shippy and Ormiston have all become harder to beat as the season has went on.  As for Eyemouth I would say they’ll be there, all local lads probably and still knocking their pan in. Can’t see Kelso or Duns making a comeback neither. If two leagues are to be the way, f**k knows how they’ll seed them, in my opinion they should use the league cup set up to establish where everyone goes. 

Edit to add....... I was at the Eyemouth v Kelty game and I for one don’t wish to see that again, hopefully common sense prevails if it’s to be two leagues. On one side of the coin you can’t have the juniors jumping the queue, but you can’t have the likes of Bonnyrigg in the bottom league neither, just think the league cup would be a decent way to sort it out

Edited by heedthebaa

41 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

I’ll be honest, it’s going to be difficult for some teams to be competitive and I would say on what I was told yesterday it’s obviously been talked about !!. Apparently changes at Tweedmouth for next season, hopefully changing their fortunes. Peebles,Shippy and Ormiston have all become harder to beat as the season has went on.  As for Eyemouth I would say they’ll be there, all local lads probably and still knocking their pan in. Can’t see Kelso or Duns making a comeback neither. If two leagues are to be the way, f**k knows how they’ll seed them, in my opinion they should use the league cup set up to establish where everyone goes. 

Edit to add....... I was at the Eyemouth v Kelty game and I for one don’t wish to see that again, hopefully common sense prevails if it’s to be two leagues. On one side of the coin you can’t have the juniors jumping the queue, but you can’t have the likes of Bonnyrigg in the bottom league neither, just think the league cup would be a decent way to sort it out

Depending on the number of extra clubs, the rumour from the EoSL is that it prefers to open the season with a pre-league competition, seeded into groups, with the top half of each group going into a Premier Division, and the bottom half going into the First Division.  Then the league season will start on this basis. This would give the strongest clubs the chance to be at tier 6, with the other clubs being at tier 7. 

The trouble with rumours is that you can't depend on them,  with the deadline for applications still a week away.  Also,  existing and newly elected clubs would need to vote on these, or any other proposals, at the EoSL AGM in early June.

Using the league cup makes the most sense imo. It’s exciting times ahead, but common sense has to be used. I want to see a 3 2 game, not a 13 2. If Kelty’s plan works, or LT wins the league  whilst getting their license, they will have avoided a world of shit, as it will become helluva harder to get out this league. Can’t believe the turn around in the EOS, it has went from dead and buried, clubs leaving and resigning to this. Hopefully relegation and promotion to come back into play next season 

Once all the Juniors started to be linked to the league, the Kelso & Duns return rumours died. Bodyswerving next year to avoid a season like Tweedmouth have been having is probably a good idea. Hopefully they'll look to return for the 2019-20 season as divisions will be re-established by then.

13 hours ago, Robert James said:

Depending on the number of extra clubs, the rumour from the EoSL is that it prefers to open the season with a pre-league competition, seeded into groups, with the top half of each group going into a Premier Division, and the bottom half going into the First Division.  Then the league season will start on this basis. This would give the strongest clubs the chance to be at tier 6, with the other clubs being at tier 7. 

The trouble with rumours is that you can't depend on them,  with the deadline for applications still a week away.  Also,  existing and newly elected clubs would need to vote on these, or any other proposals, at the EoSL AGM in early June.

The Eof S clubs must have seen their gate and other revenues soar this season with the support Kelty have brought to away games this season and next season it will see a bigger boost with the other potential applicants to the league from the junior ranks.

1 minute ago, ormistonforever said:

The league will be split into 2 equal sections for 1 season. Top half of both sections at the end of season will form the top division next season and the bottom halfs will for the lower division.

Is this confirmed? If so, essentially rules out the "West" division for 2018/19 at least, though it could slot in the year after.

Seems a logical way to go next season with so many new teams potentially joining.

25 minutes ago, ormistonforever said:

The league will be split into 2 equal sections for 1 season. Top half of both sections at the end of season will form the top division next season and the bottom halfs will for the lower division.

Then it will be promotion and relegation for a couple of clubs each year with this set up.....So some of the junior clubs could have a few seasons in Div.2 potentially?

31 minutes ago, ormistonforever said:

How do the league propose deciding what teams are 'equal'?

And then the next season we see say, Linlithgow Rose, BoNess United and Penicuik Athletic join the league.  Are they joining the second division - or are we to see another mash-up?

Not questions for you to answer ormistonforever, but you'll see what I'm getting at hopefully.

2 minutes ago, ormistonforever said:

By meaning equal i mean in numbers of team in each section.

Your pre-season League Cup could be the vehicle in this case I would think...I take it the winners of the new League1 would be automatically promoted to the LL each season   Could make for an interesting season next year...Big gates and much needed finance for the poorer clubs in the present set up....Kelty,s away support must have made a big difference this season to club finances.

Yes a sensible solution is just having 2 leagues randomly drawn for next season.

It also emphasizes how important it will be to apply to join immediately.

Waiting only 1 more season could have you as low as an EOS league 3 if numbers keep migrating.

I do wish someone would 100% clarify what happens if Carnoustie Panmure and Arbroath Victoria etc apply to join the EOS

Edited by superbigal

11 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Yes a sensible solution is just having 2 leagues randomly drawn for next season.

It also emphasizes how important it will be to apply to join immediately.

Waiting only 1 more season could have you as low as an EOS league 3 if numbers keep migrating.

I do wish someone would 100% clarify what happens if Carnoustie and Arbroath Victoria etc apply to join the EOS

A couple of seasons down the line you could see the return of the OLD  Regional Leagues that used to prevail in the juniors many moons ago....It would maybe creat a headache for the League organisers deciding how promotion and relegation evolved with only one place up for grabs at the moment for the LL.