New clubs in the East of Scotland

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Luncarty seem to be the closest to it. Had to zoom in to be sure it fell to the South of the line.

Actually, seems like my line wasn't perfect - Luncarty's ground is at 56.4554 so they are HFL by all of 450m... :unsure2:

30 minutes ago, superbigal said:

How far south is that in Metres ?

We have coastal erosion 

You're 1 km short.

If the caravans are still there you'll be fine for a few seasons yet.

As noted "the River Tay" is simply a colloquialism, as the boundary is a line of latitude in the rulebooks.

As it stands Luncarty on the south bank would be HL/Scone on the north bank would be LL.

Then again by this point the Tay is almost running north-south, and Luncarty is further from Perth (and further north) than Scone, so hardly outlandish.

Edited by HibeeJibee

8 hours ago, tynie1874 said:

A top Edinburgh Amateur side have enquired about the possibility, I do believe they've won the BIG Scottish Cup within their existence.

St. Bernards?  Would they be accepted?  

Edited by stanley

9 minutes ago, stanley said:

St. Bernards?  Would they be accepted?  

It certainly would point to them.  

They have the player quality and a manager that keeps on seeming to get more quality to sign for them.  Just a bit concerned regarding their facilities.   I believe their home pitch is the 3G at Royal high school.  Cant see that being quite acceptable for the EOSL.  I know leith played at meadowbank astro and now at peffermill, but they are able to fence of walk ways and charge admission (only if want to pay that is!)  just not too sure that at Royal high that is possible.  Ive not been there for a couple of years so my memory might be out of date, but it was quite small and you got changed in the school if I remember right.

Maybe a ground share at Marine drive with civil service strollers?  

However its a hell of a leap from amateur to EOS in terms of backroom stuff.  Especially now with all the juniors coming in.  Cant see it myself, but you never know

Paging Dinsey - we're talking about you :-)

Their home pitch is within Muirhouse, trees cut down from outside pitch to let lighting in and dry up the pitch where before games where off due to one corner being soggy.

There is an area where clubrooms could be created, and again they certainly have the players and commitment off the field.

May just be rumours, but would be great if this happened. 

Kelso, got away with having a rope on the outside of the playing pitch and this may be the minimum criteria to meet.

Edited by tynie1874

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

St Bernards you say?

s-l300.jpg

Having seen Edinburgh City resuscitated, Leith Athletic revived and talk of Third Lanark returning, this would prettymuch complete the set.

its-beautiful-gif-10.gif

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:
St Bernards you say?

s-l300.jpg

Having seen Edinburgh City resuscitated, Leith Athletic revived and talk of Third Lanark returning, this would prettymuch complete the set.

its-beautiful-gif-10.gif

Scottish football needs a strong Renton.

I'll do the fucking jokes around here!

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Reads like an application for deferred entry.

!!!!Rumour control alert!!!!

Story going around the ground on saturdays tranent v Dunbar game (which was rubbish by the way, including the penalties!)  was that Musselburgh, Haddington and dunbar all applied.  Tranent did not.  Accordingly Tranent have found themselves out on their own in east lothian and have erm, um shat it?  

So are in panic mode and trying to get in after the deadline.

Again. All totally unsubstantiated and rumour, so probably pish.

However, where there's smoke etc......

The deadline for the application isn't until Sunday, so they could still put the form in prior to this EGM, which they may have had to give a certain amount of notice for under their constitution. What I find interesting is they tweeted this information out about an EGM after the survey results info from Tom Johnston went online (which they had sent out a retweet about).

Edited by LongTimeLurker