New clubs in the East of Scotland

If the above is legit and neither poster is the type to wind people up on something like this, it could be related to Linlithgow Rose coming out in favour of pyramid entry and a push to get into the SPFL in their local paper:

Interesting if there is any truth to it, although it probably would make sense for Bo’ness, Linlithgow and Bonnyrigg to move together and could well be something the clubs boards have even discussed as it would be mutually beneficial to keep their rivalry in the new set up. Absolutely devastate the East Juniors if they lost those 3 after losing Kelty.

Anyone heard the number of applications EoS have received? Interesting to see how many go and who, EoS and East Juniors are surely going to look very different next season.

2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Has anyone heard any reliable leaks during the weekend, which would support this view ?

Not during the weekend, but the last I heard midweek was that 11 applications were in from the East Juniors. Wouldn't be surprised to see that hit 13-15 in all honesty.

The flip side is that some may be withdrawn if they've been submitted pending club EGMs to ratify, or if they decide to wait and see how negotiations play out between the SJFA and SFA.

10 hours ago, Born To Run said:

The flip side is that some may be withdrawn if they've been submitted pending club EGMs to ratify, or if they decide to wait and see how negotiations play out between the SJFA and SFA.

The SJFA are calling an EGM but unlikely to take place until just before the AGM in June. What the Regions are doing are having meetings to discuss the outcomes of the survey, in the East that's next Tuesday. Probably a last ditch attempt to persuade those who are leaving to wait and place their trust in the SJFA.  A very risky thing to do!

Tranent and Musselburgh are holding meetings this week.

Now confirmed to have been a wind up.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I’ve seen various posts on here and elsewhere from people who should be ITK, and the figure seems to be 13-15 Junior clubs have applied plus two others.  Those others may be applications from Amateur clubs. The EoS website says applications have now closed and further info will be released shortly.

I think there’s one or two clubs who have put in applications pending EGM/members vote this week, Tranent and Musselburgh are two clubs holding such meetings.

I don’t believe Linlithgow or Bo’ness have applied.

1 hour ago, Tynieness said:

Correct much to my frustration and it is something I am furious about as its a huge opportunity lost.  The amount of clubs going will pretty much kill the East Juniors and those big clubs left behind i.e.  BU and LRFC will take years to catch up.

Last year when trying to sign players was the first season we were losing out to LL clubs for players and this pattern will continue.

Junior football is toast.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

I have to say I am very surprised at Bo'ness and Linlithgow staying put for next season.

I'm bitterly disappointed and there is plenty I could say but I will hold my council.

All I will say is I have a folder that took me weeks to compile with the completed paperwork required for a license application.

1 hour ago, drs said:

Gambling on getting parachuted into a level equal with the LL and HFL at the end of next season?  

We both know the chances of the happening.

The joy of committees.

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 13:53, Ivo den Bieman said:

Hope so for Tweedmouth. Having seen that Kelty game, obviously the score looked dreadful but Tweedmouth never gave up and they did have one or two players who looked alright. (Rudi McNeil seemed to me to be their best player, tough in the tackle and a decent passer of the ball).

There's definitely potential in the club I would say and they were too good for the North Northumberland League.

Between Tweedmouth and Spittal Rovers playing in the English set up there's two good clubs there for players who aren't quite good enough for LL or higher but still playing at a competitive standard.

People raise eyebrows over Tweedmouth keeping going but I think it's credit to them they do; upto Saughton v LTHV last week 0-0 HT and kept it to 2-0 until last few minutes. Sides with less spirited players could've reacted to being the worst team in the leagues and losing every week (frequently thrashed) by throwing in the towel - Kelso didn't make September.

21 hours ago, stanley said:

On the EoS website it now says: "The deadline for membership applications for next season has now passed, an announcement on this will be made shortly."

http://eosfl.com/

Applications for membership.

We can announce that there are a substantial number of Applicants. These applications will be considered at an Extraordinary General Meeting of the League towards the end of April.

25 minutes ago, satchmo said:

Plenty time to speculate if the EGM is not until the end of April......2 divisions?

The Qualifying Leagues used as actual qualifying leagues it then comes down to the clubs preference how that applies to divisions, tiered or seeded paralleled ones.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lower-leagues/substantial-number-of-teams-apply-for-eos-league-1-4717330

Lifted from the Junior forum after being posted by gogsy. Suggested that the league could expand from 13-32 next year. Could be 19 applicants or 17 applicants taking into consideration relegation from the Lowland League and the EoSFL champion failing to be promoted.

Not sure you could get way with parallel leagues at Tier 6 with this many clubs. Will be interesting to see what format they come up with.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lower-leagues/substantial-number-of-teams-apply-for-eos-league-1-4717330

Lifted from the Junior forum after being posted by gogsy. Suggested that the league could expand from 13-32 next year. Could be 19 applicants or 17 applicants taking into consideration relegation from the Lowland League and the EoSFL champion failing to be promoted.

Not sure you could get way with parallel leagues at Tier 6 with this many clubs. Will be interesting to see what format they come up with.

Making the (admittedly large) assumption that we end up with 30-32 teams in the EoS, two concurrent leagues of 15/16 teams would seem the logical way to go. Don't think dividing regionally would provide fairness, so seeding using the Qualifying Leagues may well be the answer, with eventual top half sides going into an EoS Premier and bottom half going EoS 1st Division from 2019/20.

If the EoS, as widely rumoured, is getting an additional promotion spot then give the highest points total an automatic spot with the other "league winner" facing the SoS champ to gain promotion.

No doubt there will be 101 different ideas suggested!

My take on the influx is that seasons following 2018-19 ought be taken into consideration here and now.

Certainly, 2019-20 will require a WoS division being prepared, so pre-prep for that by initiating EoS(W) & EoS(E) divisions now. Sure, the intermediate EoS(W) division won't at all look like a 'finished' WoS division, but it would exist then to 'gentle in' as it were any SJWFL clubs wishing to enter Step 6; either in 2018-19 or anon. As more SJWFL clubs come over for 2019-20 onwards, then the Eastmost  EoS(W) members simply transfer into the EoS(E) division.

I think that it's of the utmost importance that all SJWFL & SJEFL clubs are in each seasonal transition given exactly equal opportunity to Step 6 access,  although Step access 6 may conceivably change between successive seasons - which is fine, so long as a full year's warning is given prior to such changes taking place.

I don't want to see situations arising whereby clubs of equal standing  are emplaced in differing Steps only because one wishes to join the WoS division and the other the EoS division ~ that's an absolute no-no!

Edited by Kernovian