New clubs in the East of Scotland

3 minutes ago, tynie1874 said:

The powers that be will be chuffed, mare cash for there pockets.

How do clubs qualify for Scottish Cup? By criteria?

For EoSFL clubs, by winning the East of Scotland League (how LTHV get in currently), by winning the new East Alex Jack/South ALBA Cup final or by having at least an Entry Licence:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/club-licensing/

Edited by cmontheloknow

31 minutes ago, oldandround said:

Story going around the ground on saturdays tranent v Dunbar game (which was rubbish by the way, including the penalties!)  was that Musselburgh, Haddington and dunbar all applied.  Tranent did not.  Accordingly Tranent have found themselves out on their own in east lothian and have erm, um shat it? 

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What I find interesting is they tweeted this information about an EGM after the survey results info from Tom Johnston went on line (which they had sent out a retweet about).

Edinburgh United and Newtongrange also retweeted Tranent's EGM info, you wonder if the latter will be moving across as well if all those around them join the EoS.

I don't think the East of Scotland are going to come out on Monday and suddenly just reveal all the teams that have applied unless I am mistaken?

It looks like Dalkieith are the only club who have made their intentions official

On 25 March 2018 at 23:11, heedthebaa said:

I’ll be honest, it’s going to be difficult for some teams to be competitive and I would say on what I was told yesterday it’s obviously been talked about !!. Apparently changes at Tweedmouth for next season, hopefully changing their fortunes. Peebles,Shippy and Ormiston have all become harder to beat as the season has went on.  As for Eyemouth I would say they’ll be there, all local lads probably and still knocking their pan in. Can’t see Kelso or Duns making a comeback neither. If two leagues are to be the way, f**k knows how they’ll seed them, in my opinion they should use the league cup set up to establish where everyone goes. 

Edit to add....... I was at the Eyemouth v Kelty game and I for one don’t wish to see that again, hopefully common sense prevails if it’s to be two leagues. On one side of the coin you can’t have the juniors jumping the queue, but you can’t have the likes of Bonnyrigg in the bottom league neither, just think the league cup would be a decent way to sort it out

Hope so for Tweedmouth. Having seen that Kelty game, obviously the score looked dreadful but Tweedmouth never gave up and they did have one or two players who looked alright. (Rudi McNeil seemed to me to be their best player, tough in the tackle and a decent passer of the ball).

There's definitely potential in the club I would say and they were too good for the North Northumberland League.

Between Tweedmouth and Spittal Rovers playing in the English set up there's two good clubs there for players who aren't quite good enough for LL or higher but still playing at a competitive standard.

36 minutes ago, Cyril said:

I don't think the East of Scotland are going to come out on Monday and suddenly just reveal all the teams that have applied unless I am mistaken?

It looks like Dalkieith are the only club who have made their intentions official

Tranent and now Musselburgh Athletic are holding meetings next week, suggests the closing date has been extended.

Tranent and now Musselburgh Athletic are holding meetings next week, suggests the closing date has been extended.

Or they have applied already in order to meet the deadline and the meetings are to either ratify the decision or withdraw the application prior to the EoS AGM?

Rumour is it’s extemly unlikely that tomorrows deadline will be extended for new applicants into the EOS League for next season although clubs can put an application in tomorrow pending any EGMs or meetings they may have after the deadline.

Looking like any club not part of the EOS will remain Junior for next season, you’d think it’s too late for the SJFA to come to an agreement with the LL, EOS and the SFA to merge or join for next season especially up until the last couple of weeks the SJFA’s stance has always been that their clubs aren’t interested in the pyramid, hence “they never seen it coming” quote this week. The questionnaire blew that stance out the water.

Hearing as of today there’s 12 clubs applied so far 11 East, 1 West -

4 Superleague, 4 Premier, 3 South Region, 1 West

Rumour is it’s extemly unlikely that tomorrows deadline will be extended for new applicants into the EOS League for next season although clubs can put an application in tomorrow pending any EGMs or meetings they may have after the deadline.
Looking like any club not part of the EOS will remain Junior for next season, you’d think it’s too late for the SJFA to come to an agreement with the LL, EOS and the SFA to merge or join for next season especially up until the last couple of weeks the SJFA’s stance has always been that their clubs aren’t interested in the pyramid, hence “they never seen it coming” quote this week. The questionnaire blew that stance out the water.

The head of the EOSL told the SJFA to f**k off basically at a meeting about them joining at the same level, it aint gonna happen.

1 hour ago, kefc said:

So that would be at least 25 teams in total, possibly 29 if Cove and a SoS team go up.

Of course they still need to be accepted, but is there any reason why the EoSFL would reject any applications from Junior clubs?

Edited by Ginaro
I'm bad at maths

Based in the questionnaire results the 4 superleague teams who claim to meet licencing requirements are Bonnyrigg, Hill O'Beath, Camelon and Newtongrange and common sense would expect them to be the current superleague applicants.

That survey though shows how difficult it is to judge intentions, Broxburn and Broughty being against the pyramid is hard to understand given their setup and plans for the future.

Also all the Glasgow area teams who have repeatedly been rumoured to be pro pyramid returned no votes. Benburb, Renfrew, Rossvale and Petershill all meet the community club model courted in the seniors and have good basic sport centre facilities that sound like they are detested by other junior fans

8 minutes ago, gogsy said:

13 existing + 12 applying + possible 1-2 relegated from lowland league =26-27?

Whoops, some bad maths from me (I counted 16 and not 12 applying) :1eye - so yeah 25 min, 27 max.

Edited by Ginaro

7 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Whoops, some bad maths from me (I counted 16 and not 12 applying) :1eye - so yeah 25 min, 27 max.

EoSL might lose Kelty or LTHV, promoted to the Lowland. Regarding the latter, when is the Licensing Committee meeting (in April ?) as I have heard that they have submitted a licence application.