New clubs in the East of Scotland

So as things stand it looks like the applicants are the following (please reply if you see a mistake or have additional information):

East

Super: Camelon, Bonnyrigg Rose

Premier: Dalkeith, Musselburgh, Haddington, Dunbar, Blackburn

South: Edinburgh United

West

Super Premier: Clydebank? (subject to the outcome of an EGM this weekend)

Edited by LongTimeLurker

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So as things stand it looks like the applicants are the following (please reply if you see a mistake or have additional information):

East

West

Are all these clubs certain to go to the EoSFL  ?

What is the EoSFL limit for leagues  ? 

Has the EoSFL even discussed a multitude of clubs joining ? 

Can't see a problem could there potentially be an EoSFL 2 and 3 ? 

Bigger league committee required at that ? 

What if the EoSFL decide they are full and a Junior club has resigned where would the club end up ? 

Edited by newcastle broon

37 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Are all these clubs certain to go to the EoSFL  ?

What is the EoSFL limit for leagues  ? 

Has the EoSFL even discussed a multitude of clubs joining ? 

Can't see a problem could there potentially be an EoSFL 2 and 3 ? 

Bigger league committee required at that ? 

What if the EoSFL decide they are full and a Junior club has resigned where would the club end up ? 

Don't think Junior clubs need to resign until their regional AGMs which will be later perhaps than EoS as the Junior season will go on until mid June.

....and the EoS probably wouldn't have a banner at the top of their website explaining the procedure to apply, if they were not anticipating a large influx this year. If, as appears to be the case, clubs are doing this as one of the final steps to securing licensing from the SFA it's not clear to what extent the EoS could actually say no to any applicant club from their geographical catchment that ticks all the boxes on that. You would almost get the impression that a Whitehill Welfare fan might be concerned that Lowland League status for their club in another 5 to 10 years may not seem as secure as it had up to now?

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

1. Are all these clubs certain to go to the EoSFL  ?

2. What is the EoSFL limit for leagues  ? 

3. Has the EoSFL even discussed a multitude of clubs joining ? 

4. Can't see a problem could there potentially be an EoSFL 2 and 3 ? 

5. Bigger league committee required at that ? 

6. What if the EoSFL decide they are full and a Junior club has resigned where would the club end up ?

1. They're considered to be. Obviously some have been more public about it.

2. 18 teams were considered the max for a single division. Anything more than that then divisions would be considered.

3. Its been discussed as the answer to 2. was in place for some time.

4. Next year is likely to be considered a transitional season with various formats being considered. A tiered EoSFL1 & EoSFL2, Split divisions set at the same tier, a pre qualifying tournament to determine tiered divisions, a West Region as a stepping stone to forming an independent WoSFL. They've all been bandied about, its all going to come down to the final number of applicants.

5. No idea with this one, but I don't think it would be too dramatic to be an issue.

6. I'd imagine if the EoSFL were going to reject an application it would be known well in advance of any AGM. Think the EoSFL AGM is some time in June and that meeting is likely to be about finalising issues for the season ahead. The new applicants would have some say in setting that agenda even if at that point they haven't been "officially" accepted as a member of the EoSFL. Otherwise they might turn round and say we don't fancy what the EoSFL has come up with and stick with the Juniors.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

East

West

Clydebank could choose the SoSL as an easier route to the Lowland. Perhaps it will make an announcement after its EGM ?

Does anyone have any idea about Girvan, and whether the club has made a decision as to whether to await what happens in the West, or apply to (re)join the SoSL as their best route to the Lowland - assuming of course that it supports the pyramid !

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You would almost get the impression that a Whitehill Welfare fan might be concerned that Lowland League status for their club in another 5 to 10 years may not seem as secure as it had up to now?

If you are referring to me I've always said bring it all on. 

I haven't once said I'm against any Junior side joining the pyramid. 

If my team in 5 or 10 years are in the EoSFL then al still be supporting them. 

Likewise if they were in the SPFL. 

I thought that's what the pyramid was aboot, finding a level to compete ? 

Maybes Midlothian cooncil might finally realise there's a team from Rosewell that play fitba as well as the likes of yer Bonnyrigg s and Easthouses. 

I am certainly not a spokesman for all things ww. I live over 100 miles away for a start. 

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

East

I'd probably add Hill of Beath to that, not sure all those Premier clubs will end up applying maybe 3 out the 5.  I think you will get a few more coming out the woodwork now that Bonnyrigg have declared.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

If you are referring to me I've always said bring it all on. 

I haven't once said I'm against any Junior side joining the pyramid. 

If my team in 5 or 10 years are in the EoSFL then al still be supporting them. 

Likewise if they were in the SPFL. 

I thought that's what the pyramid was aboot, finding a level to compete ? 

Maybes Midlothian cooncil might finally realise there's a team from Rosewell that play fitba as well as the likes of yer Bonnyrigg s and Easthouses. 

I am certainly not a spokesman for all things ww. I live over 100 miles away for a start. 

51 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

wow, quite some news there about Bonnyrigg.

Here's the juniors in the next few seasons:

Could also be a few Senior clubs.

Looks like finding somebody literate to do some form filling may also be on the agenda in Gorebridge:

19 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

I see Arniston have called an EGM for Wednesday 28th. Are they also looking to leave the juniors and apply to the pyramid?

and there was even this from a Linlithgow Rose supporter (a regular windup merchant, so not sure what to make of it):

8 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Who's to say we haven't already applied?

Not every club moving has advertised it on P&B. But instead have quietly went about things and improved their ground in preparation for a move.

31st of March should be interesting.

HTG

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Latest from the juniors subforum:

3 hours ago, kefc said:

As far as I’m aware there is now 8 applicants into the EOS with a week to go.

3 Superleague, 2 Premier, 2 South division, 1 from the West (not Clydebank)

Looking like the Lowland and East Of Scotland Leagues will be the place to be for the better non league players in the East from next season, this will only get stronger when clubs get licenced and compete in the big Scottish Cup each season. With the extra finances involved rewarding and helping clubs then Tier 5 and 6 could be about to take a major shot in the arm as budgets increase and facilities get better.

very different from this from last weekend:

On 2018/03/18 at 13:46, Goalie Hamish said:

- Dalkeith Thistle, Musselburgh Athletic, Dunbar United, Haddington Athletic, Edinburgh United, Blackburn United, Camelon from what I was hearing yesterday. Might not be 100% accurate.

Add in Bonnyrigg if they vote that way and maybe Clydebank but unlikely.

although he later clarified that it might only be 2 or 3 of the East Premier teams listed, so that wasn't necessarily actual applicants.

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Latest from the juniors subforum:

very different from this from last weekend:

although he later clarified that it might only be 2 or 3 of the East Premier teams listed, so that wasn't necessarily actual applicants.

The West Region team will be interesting to see who it is and what level in the region they're at currently. We'll know what's happening with Clydebank soon enough as their meeting is currently ongoing.

The West Region team will be interesting to see who it is and what level in the region they're at currently. We'll know what's happening with Clydebank soon enough as their meeting is currently ongoing.

I wonder if anyone’s heard anything about the meeting, see some of the bankies fans online presume it may be finished.