New clubs in the East of Scotland

15 minutes ago, energyzone said:
9 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:
It's the only other candidate.
Hopefully this can spur discussion of a WoSFL at tier 6, but organising a brand new league for next season would be too much to ask.

There was no time frame set in the statement. Setting up a WOS league for next season is unachievable but there are at least two other big junior clubs in the West who are interested in the idea. I would be surprised if discussions between West clubs aren't taking place just now about the feasibility of it.

The EoSFL selling points on joining is listing the chance of more promotion spots to the Lowland League and Clydebank have been rumoured about making the move since the end of the last year. Think this must of been sounded out at some level and the intent is for next season. Better to move now and have a chance of being in the Lowland League and tier 5 for 2019/20. Than waiting around to be in a WoSFL and tier 6 in 2019-20

The EoSFL selling points on joining is listing the chance of more promotion spots to the Lowland League and Clydebank have been rumoured about making the move since the end of the last year. Think this must of been sounded out at some level and the intent is for next season. Better to move now and have a chance of being in the Lowland League and tier 5 for 2019/20. Than waiting around to be in a WoSFL and tier 6 in 2019-20
Not really. Some of the West clubs have been in existence for over a century. Another couple of years facing the same big junior sides isn't making much of a difference in the long term.

8 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

So Dalkeith, Clydebank and one other Junior club for the league next season according to the rumour mill with other clubs such as Hill of Beath considering their options. What about Duns?

Possible, but imo highly unlikely 

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

I agree. Whilst Duns ground is good, results this season suggest that the team is still too weak for the EoS at present.

Their results will pick up, as I believe an sos was put out as they were struggling and players have returned. I’d love to see Kelso also return, I just can’t see it though 

I would be amazed if Hill of Beath were looking at joining the pyramid given the murmurings around the east region last season was that they were wanting a return to a Fife Junior League. Dundonald, St Andrews and even Glenrothes would probably be more likely to want to join the pyramid. Haws ground would need spectator toilets that are more than a trough open to the elements for a start.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/03/2018 at 11:15, gogsy said:

Apart from the toilets, theres nothing wrong with Hill of Beath Hawthorn's ground, get them sorted and its great. However as you said the vibe coming from the club has always been less travel i.e return to old Fife leagues rather than more travel.

Extra clubs for the EoSL has gone deathly silent on this thread. other than Dalkeith and Clydebank, with no credible rumours or feedback from other clubs holding special meetings (except Bonnyrigg) to discuss their future.

So has the SJFA's pyramid options survey been successful in stopping other clubs from jumping ship for 2018/19, despite the rumour that the overall 'ballot'  result was in favour of juniors joining the pyramid ?  

40 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Extra clubs for the EoSL has gone deathly silent on this thread. other than Dalkeith and Clydebank, with no credible rumours or feedback from other clubs holding special meetings (except Bonnyrigg) to discuss their future.

So has the SJFA's pyramid options survey been successful in stopping other clubs from jumping ship for 2018/19, despite the rumour that the overall 'ballot'  result was in favour of juniors joining the pyramid ?  

I suspect at least 3 new clubs will join the EOS this summer regardless.  Outwith Dalkeith, would be great if that included Bo’ness and Bonnyrigg.

A genuinely thought out joined up pyramid would be preferable but I suspect within 4 years we’ll have one anyway through default including a senior league in the West. 

As it stands 3 clubs have officially applied to join next season by filling in and handing in their application forms to the EOS League, all 3 are East Junior clubs, 1 from the Superleague (a club not really been mentioned on here), 1 from Premier and 1 from the South division.

Another 4 (not including Bonnyrigg) Iv heard have all had Committee/Member meetings and voted in favour of joining the EOS for next season, mixture of Junior Superleague and Premier Division clubs, it’s going to be very interesting over the coming 2 weeks.

8 minutes ago, kefc said:

As it stands 3 clubs have officially applied to join next season by filling in and handing in their application forms to the EOS League, all 3 are East Junior clubs, 1 from the Superleague (a club not really been mentioned on here), 1 from Premier and 1 from the South division.

Another 4 (not including Bonnyrigg) Iv heard have all had Committee/Member meetings and voted in favour of joining the EOS for next season, mixture of Junior Superleague and Premier Division clubs, it’s going to be very interesting over the coming 2 weeks.

Guessing you can't reveal the clubs (other than Dalkeith who have publicly revealed their application)?  

What is the maximum number of clubs the EoS would run with as one division and, if they split it into two divisions will the clubs who have applied/are interested still join if they have to begin in the first division?   

I realise people probably can't give definitive answers to those questions but it is interesting.  

2 minutes ago, stanley said:

Guessing you can't reveal the clubs (other than Dalkeith who have publicly revealed their application)?  

What is the maximum number of clubs the EoS would run with as one division and, if they split it into two divisions will the clubs who have applied/are interested still join if they have to begin in the first division?   

I realise people probably can't give definitive answers to those questions but it is interesting.  

No my place to name the clubs I’m afraid, I’m sure they will release statements over the coming weeks.

The EOS Committee I believe will be having discussions on a few ideas on a new structure if there’s say 8 or more applicants, a way in which all clubs can be positioned fairly by on field performance over a certain length of time. 

10 minutes ago, gogsy said:

2014/15 season the EOS league had 17 teams, split into two leagues.  Teams in Premier league played each other three times, in the first division they played each other four times.

True but they might try to make the Premier bigger now that the situation has changed completely i.e. junior clubs applying to join.  There was no pyramid system back then or a big demand from clubs to join.  Of course, fitting in 30+ matches would be tough and might not work.

If there are a few applicants then it would be a pity if a reserve team (Stirling Uni) kept a team out.  

Edited by stanley

6 minutes ago, gogsy said:

2014/15 season the EOS league had 17 teams, split into two leagues.  Teams in Premier league played each other three times, in the first division they played each other four times.

If memory serves me correct it didn’t really go down that well with clubs 

6 minutes ago, kefc said:

No my place to name the clubs I’m afraid, I’m sure they will release statements over the coming weeks.

The EOS Committee I believe will be having discussions on a few ideas on a new structure if there’s say 8 or more applicants, a way in which all clubs can be positioned fairly by on field performance over a certain length of time. 

See you and half a story!!!!!!!!

have to say the only thing that’s worried me during all this was the positioning of clubs, if two divisions were to be introduced, especially the current lesser clubs. 

Just now, gogsy said:

I think thats a fair point, thats why I was thinking regional splits.

If two leagues come about, I’d like to think some clubs would accept and probably have a sigh of relief to be put in the lower one. Of course some might feel aggrieved at new clubs starting off in the higher one. Hopefully common sense is used, I’d prefer watching tighter games than what I witnessed when your team came down here. Exciting times ahead for the EOS and Kelty have played imo a massive part in it

Agree, regional split should wait until you have enough teams for a full EoS division at tier 6 and two regions at tier 7, otherwise you're just replicating the current situation with uncompetitive games.

Though you wonder what would happen for 2019/20 if more top Junior teams apply - would they be allowed straight into EoS division 1, given the disparity in recent Junior v EoS results?

Edit: looking at tonight's Lowland League result - Vale of Leithen have dropped to 15th in the table, so if Cove Rangers get promoted to League 2 then EoS will have both Hawick and possibly Vale of Leithen in the league next season.

Edited by Ginaro