New clubs in the East of Scotland

13 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Seems that the SFA, SPFL, Lowland League, West/South/East of Scotland Leagues and a lot of people on this forum have already reflected on whether having your own home ground and attracting a regular home support should be part of the equation as to what being a senior club encompasses and decided it's not. 

It just seems to be a bug-bear of your own that you regularly bring up.

Plenty of other people have complained about "BSC Alloa" on here over the years and some have done so as recently as the last few pages of this thread so that's comically wide of the mark.

4 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Not acceptable of one club just wanting help another club out, in its infancy at this level of football? 

This is becoming absurd. Exactly how many times does it have to be pointed out to you that I have now repeatedly posted that I have no problem with a temporary groundshare in Dalkeith, Blackburn or even Denny as long as they do have a plan to have their own ground on a reasonable timeframe?

16 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Seems that the SFA, SPFL, Lowland League, West/South/East of Scotland Leagues and a lot of people on this forum have already reflected on whether having your own home ground and attracting a regular home support should be part of the equation as to what being a senior club encompasses and decided it's not.

Consider this: If we can't have clubs that groundshare because they have no home support. What do we do with the clubs that have their "own home ground" but get the same type of attendances or worse?

A greater focus should be on avoiding boom & bust clubs. Sugar daddies, profiteers and dream chasers have done far worse to Scottish football.

25 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

This is becoming absurd. Exactly how many times does it have to be pointed out to you that I have now repeatedly posted that I have no problem with a temporary groundshare in Dalkeith, Blackburn or even Denny as long as they do have a plan to have their own ground on a reasonable timeframe?

Temper temper LTL.

I am only coming back with a comment on what you quote on your posts. If you are going to be so irate, just stick to the point you wish to make! If it is all about having their own ground, then stop writing sh1t about all the other add-ons.

Will just wait to see which gasket gets blown next time you come on!

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

More drivel. I am perfectly calm. I am not the one that has been going into a red dot frenzy because somebody disagrees with me on a discussion forum. Act your age not your shoe size.

😂 ye raging mate 😂

You do realise Edinburgh South used to be a feeder club for ww :whistle

In simple terms, Im with LTL.

In principle I dont like groundshares.  It just seems wrong.   

A club should have its own base, its exclusive home.  Not half a base or a shared home.

I dont like clydebank / yoker etc or AC / inter milan!   

I accept their right to exist, but it doesnt sit right with me.  

In saying that, Edinburgh South dont have any choice here.  THey are a brand new (senior) club that dont really have any choice.  Its groundshare or dont join.

What I'm looking to see is plans to use the 3 years to fund raise and upgrade fernieside for their move there.  Its got cracking potential for a successful team.

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

More drivel. I am perfectly calm. I am not the one that has been going into a red dot frenzy because somebody disagrees with me on a discussion forum. Act your age not your shoe size.

As Del Boy said to Rodney - What a Plonker!

I think I gave you 2 red dots (yip that is a frenzy!!) . To address the balance, I have gone back in and given you 3 green dots, so all your postings must have been magnificent! I was only giving you the red dots as I was annoyed that I didn't make the points before you did!

Sorry for all the drivel LTL. If I knew where you stayed, I would be round to give you a tissue.

52 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Plenty of other people have complained about "BSC Alloa" on here over the years and some have done so as recently as the last few pages of this thread so that's comically wide of the mark.

Where did I say that other people haven't complained about BSC? Nothing I said is wide of the mark. You just have poor reading comprehension

I do remember BSC had planned to build a ground in one of the Glasgow Parks (Ruchill?) but maybe Glasgow Council didn't fancy the idea 

An Ed City committee member once suggested to a BSC committee member that they try and use Lesser Hampden (this was before the main QP team planned to move there) but this was looked down on as it was south of the Clyde. I suppose at least Alloa is North of the Clyde!

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I do remember BSC had planned to build a ground in one of the Glasgow Parks (Ruchill?) but maybe Glasgow Council didn't fancy the idea 

An Ed City committee member once suggested to a BSC committee member that they try and use Lesser Hampden (this was before the main QP team planned to move there) but this was looked down on as it was south of the Clyde. I suppose at least Alloa is North of the Clyde!

I remember the park idea as being Victoria Park. Maybe they've tried both. By the sounds of things there have been lots of things they've chased up over the years. Scoutstoun, Lesser Hampden, Petershill I think are some of the common ideas bandied about.

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

...An Ed City committee member once suggested to a BSC committee member that they try and use Lesser Hampden (this was before the main QP team planned to move there) but this was looked down on as it was south of the Clyde. I suppose at least Alloa is North of the Clyde!

They clearly have SPFL ambitions, so having access to an SPFL ground will no doubt have been a key consideration. You look more big time that way than you do playing at Lochburn Park in Maryhill. They don't appear to depend on gate money to any significant extent financially, so it really doesn't matter if nobody shows up in Alloa to support them against Vale of Leithen beyond friends and family of the players as long as their LL status and Scottish Cup runs are boosting the visibility of their pathway. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Victoria Park and the locals hunted them.

Fantastic to see new and ambitious youth sides like BSC enter the senior leagues a few years ago, and now Edinburgh South in the EOS. I can't understand why anyone would slate them  whatsoever. With various different levels of boys and girls football, that's a lot of friends and families on which to build a support base. And even if they don't succeed in drawing many fans, they're still giving their youngsters something to aim for and lessening the chances of those who don't make the grade at a higher level slip out of football altogether. This in turn encourages more interest in seriously getting into playing the game if there's less feeling that it's all for nothing if you can't ultimately go on to make it at a pro grade.

I'm sure BSC would be the first themselves to admit their tenancy in Alloa is far from ideal, but I think they will sort that out in due course.

They deserve a break. Since, for the few that don't seem to have noticed, Scottish football needs all the help it can get in recent years particularly at youth level.

Edited by Cameron Wilson

Is there any chance of the grounds of two defunct clubs being used for EOSFL football:

1. Steelend Victoria - Woodside Park, Steelend

2. Ballingry Rovers - Ore Park, Glencraig 

https://scottishfootballgroundswordpresscom.wordpress.com/2016/03/09/five-folded-but-not-forgotten-in-fife/

Would the two grounds be suitable for progressive clubs to develop? Youth oriented clubs?

Or has that opportunity long gone?