New clubs in the East of Scotland

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Hopefully other clubs can issue their own statements soon........as it puts an end to the rumours.

1 hour ago, Gimme said:

Also, it overcomes the problem of unintentional leaks from 3rd parties, which is never good, but is understandable with so many clubs involved.

10 hours ago, Robert James said:

By bringing  the Junior champion clubs, the Junior  Cup winners, and the Amateur Cup winners, the SFA has recently played its hand better than it gets credit for. As the Scottish Cup is also open to any UNLICENSED club in the EoS, and the SoS Leagues, if they finish as champions (eg LTHV this season), the SFA should also extend this invitation to the Champions of the North Caledonian League.

Or is that this region of Scotland is too remote, too cold/wet, and existing clubs don't fancy an away tie so far north ?  Orkney FC has just won the NCL championship for the first time in its history. Who fancies a trip to Kirkwall ? Probably not the SFA.

Come on the SFA, get your act together, be inclusive, and give parity to the NCL. 

To be fair when the SFA was implementing a lot of these changes the NCL was on their arse and didn't deserve equal standing with the likes of EoSFL/SoSFL. There's also the fact that they are tantamount to a amateur league but don't participate in the Amateur Cup to gain a possible entry that way.

They've gone from 6-9 clubs in the space of a few years. I'm hoping that if they can make it to 10, someone in the SFA will take notice and use that as a valid excuse to give the league champion entry.

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

To be fair when the SFA was implementing a lot of these changes the NCL was on their arse and didn't deserve equal standing with the likes of EoSFL/SoSFL. There's also the fact that they are tantamount to a amateur league but don't participate in the Amateur Cup to gain a possible entry that way.

They've gone from 6-9 clubs in the space of a few years. I'm hoping that if they can make it to 10, someone in the SFA will take notice and use that as a valid excuse to give the league champion entry.

Balintore FC have posted that they will be applying to rejoin next season. The NCL AGM is unlikely to be held before June.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Fort william dropping down would do it

Unfortunately that would do it. Although I also think another club has been mentioned as possibly returning to the league for next year (name escapes me). Having Golspie & Fort William in the league as licenced SFA members would really help nudge the league's standing from a quasi-Senior

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Unfortunately that would do it. Although I also think another club has been mentioned as possibly returning to the league for next year (name escapes me). Having Golspie & Fort William in the league as licenced SFA members would really help nudge the league's standing from a quasi-Senior

Have there been any official announcements about them resigning from the NCL, or returning to it ?

3 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Have there been any official announcements about them resigning from the NCL, or returning to it ?

Only the stuff from that article going forward. They've secured the club going forward for now, but there's a meeting on the 24th April to drum up investors. Then on 1st May they'll make their decision about what league they'll go for next year.

22 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Only the stuff from that article going forward. They've secured the club going forward for now, but there's a meeting on the 24th April to drum up investors. Then on 1st May they'll make their decision about what league they'll go for next year.

Appreciated thanks.

Now back to the EoS !

4 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

South Challenge and EoS Football Nation Q Cup?

Need to be licensed by March 31st I believe to be eligible for the Scottish Cup the season after.

I was wondering because looking at East Stirlingshire's website the only cup they seem to have been in this year that would apply to Camelon was the South Challenge Cup.

Was my best guess on the wikipedia entry for the EoSFL mentioning it was open to all non-SPFL EoSFA members, presuming that East Stirlingshire are one.
Shire didn't join the EoSFA when they came down, and Lowland League teams no longer enter the King Cup. The two competitions must be the South Challenge Cup and the Scottish Cup, although unless Camelon win the Superleague I don't think they'll be in the Scottish next season, it would be the following provided they're licensed by then

I think Camelon have assumed that we play in the football nations cup, the EOSFA's Stirlingshire Cup. 

But as we are not members of the EOSFA we have not played in it

However I think our decision not to play in that cup may have had more to do with our deal with Stennie and that may change next year

This is my guess though and not based on anything I have been told

Edited by holme

1 hour ago, holme said:

I think Camelon have assumed that we play in the football nations cup, the EOSFA's Stirlingshire Cup. 

But as we are not members of the EOSFA we have not played in it

However I think our decision not to play in that cup may have had more to do with our deal with Stennie and that may change next year

This is my guess though and not based on anything I have been told

That is what it is. I did say to tony shire don' play in East cup

With the Bathgate rumour apparently being false, this is where we are with potential new members, those confirmed officially in bold, those that are not just speculation/rumour;

Blackburn United, Bonnyrigg Rose, Camelon, Crossgates Primrose, Dalkeith Thistle, Dundonald Bluebell, Dunipace, Easthouses Lily, Edinburgh United, Haddington Athletic, Hill of Beath, Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts, Musselburgh Athletic, Tranent Juniors, Clydebank (deferred to 2019/20).

Plus rumours of a late applicant(s).

14 applications for next season, 13 Junior.

Edited by Burnie_man