New clubs in the East of Scotland

7 hours ago, oldandround said:

Nope.  The windsor.  The boys club that play at pinkie.  Moving the 19s to u20 league and forming an EOS team from scratch (should they be successful)

Again, if the rumour is correct

Not to say that Musselburgh athletic have also not applied.  I know nothing about them.  My informant was definitely talking about the Windsor.

Windsor have an amateur team in Div 2 of the LEAFA

8 hours ago, Robert James said:

Surprising if true, but it would make for an interesting rivalry local with Musselburgh Athletic.

However, if there are only 2 Amateur applicants, and Inverkeithing HS have publicly admitted applying, then St Bernards application must be incorrect ?  It also rules out Soccer AM (Fife). 

Or are there more than 2 amateur club applicants ? If so,  it brings into question the (rumoured) number, and/or existing  status (amateur or junior) of the  15 new EoS applicants overall. 

I didn't say St.Bernards had applied, although heard they enquired.

Surprising if true, but it would make for an interesting rivalry local with Musselburgh Athletic.
However, if there are only 2 Amateur applicants, and Inverkeithing HS have publicly admitted applying, then St Bernards application must be incorrect ?  It also rules out Soccer AM (Fife). 
Or are there more than 2 amateur club applicants ? If so,  it brings into question the (rumoured) number, and/or existing  status (amateur or junior) of the  15 new EoS applicants overall. 

inverkeithing can’t be one of the Ammie teams as they don’t even exist they don’t have an adult team just now.

13 hours ago, stanley said:

It's AM Soccer.  You're thinking of the Sky Sports programme...

Never watched the programme, but thanks for the correction.

Just heard that the next SFA Licencing Committee is on 23rd April 2018. Just in time for LTHV ?  Any others from the EoS  up for a licence ?

10 hours ago, skynews said:

Are you from heriot watt or Edinburgh uni by any chance Robert James?  Hmmmm..

Someone else asked me on a recent post "if it was a quiet night at the students' union" 

My reply was that "there is no such thing" (as a quiet night).

Thank you for enquiring after me !

I think if Am Soccer were applying this time Austin Mcphee would have made at least a little publicity. It was on public record when they were originally interested in the pyramid. They could not even get the council to be interested when a viable park was the main problem.

Players would certainly not be a problem. I suspect they would compete almost overnight.

I think if Am Soccer were applying this time Austin Mcphee would have made at least a little publicity. It was on public record when they were originally interested in the pyramid. They could not even get the council to be interested when a viable park was the main problem.

With the ambition years ago at kennoway amateurs I'm slightly surprised kennoway star were not part of the rumour mill.

7 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

I believe it was pedantry.

It is publicly confirmed that Inverkeithing Hillside Swifts  has applied to join the EoS, which clears up one of the Amateur applicants.

So is the second (non Juniors) Amateur club ..........

* St Bernards or

* Musselburgh Windsor or

* AM Soccer (Fife) or

* the return of Duns or

*  A N Other FC ?

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

It is publicly confirmed that Inverkeithing Hillside Swifts  has applied to join the EoS, which clears up one of the Amateur applicants.

So is the second (non Juniors) Amateur club ..........

* St Bernards or

* Musselburgh Windsor or

* AM Soccer (Fife) or

* the return of Duns or

*  A N Other FC ?

I believe Gazzah was disputing whether IHS could count as an amateur side as they don't have an adult amateur side at present.

On 09/04/2018 at 22:17, Burnie_man said:

Not sure a geographical split is required really, we're not talking great distances.  Remains to be seen though.

Agreed.   A seeded draw would be better than a geographical split, to avoid one division being stronger than the other.              For example, your illustration puts both Amateur applications (St Bernards & Inverkeithing HS) in the same division.

Don't recall seeing anything on here to substantiate Dundonald Bluebell applying. Have I missed it ?

21 minutes ago, Robert James said:

...Don't recall seeing anything on here to substantiate Dundonald Bluebell applying. Have I missed it ?

There was this a few pages back:

On 2018/04/11 at 10:14, kleptomaniac said:

Yup the guy from Dundonald said that they could be swayed to stay Junior.

The arrogance and lies from the top table only strengthened my clubs resolve to leave.

and there is finally something to point to Bathgate being a possible applicant:

11 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

"Bathgate Thistle Juniors are having an Open Night in the Clubhouse on Monday 23rd April 2018 at 7.00pm.
All supporters are invited and the agenda for the evening is:
1. Q&A session with the management team.
2. Update on the East of Scotland League position.
3. Arrangements for the 10 year anniversary game on Sunday 10th June 2018.
4. AOB "

so if there is a question mark over any team now I think it would be Haddington.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

OK, assuming everyone follows through with their applications, could this be close to the final list? 16 in total, 15 for next season of which 14 are Junior;

Bathgate Thistle, Blackburn United, Bonnyrigg Rose, Camelon, Clydebank (deferred to 2019/20), Crossgates Primrose, Dalkeith Thistle, Dundonald Bluebell, Dunipace, Easthouses Lily, Edinburgh United, Haddington Athletic, Hill of Beath, Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts, Musselburgh Athletic, Tranent.