Scottish Cup final 2017* Aberdeen vs Celtic

jagfox

2 minutes ago, CityDave said:

I was listening to the commentary from Liam MacLeod on the BBC and he was listing off all the various elbow incidents and red cards Fighting Stockley has had in his career. Liam was quite outraged by the blow to Tierney. Someone said Liam 'This is why Celtic are Champions' MacLeod is an Aberdeen fan? Not sure if this is similar to Charles 'Chick' Young being a St. Mirren fan?

maybe Celtic is his 2nd team, he spent enough time in Glasgow as a student in the late 90s

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'd say travel logistics have to be considered here. If Aberdeen was 30 miles from Glasgow like other sides have the novelty of, then it would have filled up absolutely no bother imo. Just because fans are lazy or have a different opinion to both of us doesn't mean they don't exist.

Crowd **** over.

Nah.  It's the final of the Scottish cup. It probably didn't stop Celtic fans from the motherland travelling either. 

12 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Its the same both ways, not different for one. Football fans live in the moment very often and when Scott Brown uses his elbows against a Hibs player next season and gets away with it and then 60 seconds later one of your players launches into a revenge studs up tackle on Scott Brown and gets a straight red you will learn.

I don't need to learn, sometimes the ref misses it and makes mistakes such as Stockley assaulting young Teirney like a fucking coward yesterday. 

9 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

maybe Celtic is his 2nd team, he spent enough time in Glasgow as a student in the late 90s

That's a lot of enthusiasm for his 2nd team over his 1st.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Aberdeen couldn't even sell out and had to hand tickets back to Celtic for this? Their first Scottish Cup Final for 17 years.

How fucking tinpot can you get.

Going into Administration and getting relegated would top that,  

Apparently I made an appearance on the old telly last night. Haven't seen it myself.

Spency is such a lad btw. Had a good old chin wag with him in the boozer. Says he's thinking of heading along to the next Saints European trip as a fan. Legend.

Apparently I made an appearance on the old telly last night. Haven't seen it myself.

Spency is such a lad btw. Had a good old chin wag with him in the boozer. Says he's thinking of heading along to the next Saints European trip as a fan. Legend.

Photo on his twitter of the pittodrie bar and it's very easy to spot you, no anyone else with a black cap on. [emoji23]

I met Spence at Arbroaths sportsmans dinner. He was doing the auction. He's actually so much like his radio persona it's unreal. Nice enough guy though. One media man that everybody seems to have a lot of time for. Enjoy his Dundee related stories.

4 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

I don't need to learn, sometimes the ref misses it and makes mistakes such as Stockley assaulting young Teirney like a fucking coward yesterday. 

You aren't explaining this very well. So its different for one group of fans to bitch and whine over the actions of a player and not another player for similar behaviour and then you have another group of fans who you say its ok to bitch and whine about it?

Don't you think that's a tad selective?

If a player is being a thug then he's being a thug regardless of which team he plays for.

Also how did you know the referee missed it, he might have seen it, his assistants might have seen it and deemed it as a complete accident. I've seen players sent of for much less.

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Let's not turn this into a total heads gone, even in victory claiming to be victims, Durrant type issue. Shit too late: Scotlands Killing Fields :lol:

Derek Medicine and Tom Logic?

Are there jokes in there that I'm missing, or is the writer simply too thick to check what his predictive facility is producing?

RIP Kieran Tierney

[emoji471]Scottish Premiership.
[emoji471]Scottish League Cup.
[emoji471]Scottish Cup.

The invincibles [emoji1319]what a season! Im sure KT will comfort himself with all his winners medals. [emoji16][emoji1314][emoji207]

[emoji471]Scottish Cup.

The invincibles [emoji1319]what a season! Im sure KT will comfort himself with all his winners medals. [emoji16][emoji1314][emoji207]

Alright bet365, calm down.

Thought Aberdeen were immense yesterday. Was hoping for extra time, just to see if they could regroup and take the game to Celtic again, as they'd done in the first half. Sadly for them, their fans and "neutrals" watching, it wasn't to be.

I hope next season, McInnes stays with the Dons and puts another team together, after key players depart, to compete with Celtic like they did yesterday, hopefully with a better outcome for them and for Scottish football.

Surely a one-horse race is good for no-one.

37 minutes ago, Brummo said:

Surely a one-horse race is good for no-one.

Celtic fans love it.  It makes them feel special and as if they've each personally achieved something significant.

Look, I know it's utterly, pitifully, bafflingly pathetic, but it's true.  This is how they like they like their football.

[emoji471]Scottish Cup.

Celtic are so far ahead of everyone else in Scotland they should be known as the Invisibles

Everyone in the meedja was crying out for Sevco to be in the premiership to make Scottish football competitive again... Celtic go and win an unbeaten treble

Is it any wonder the game in this country is looked upon with as much contempt elsewhere

1 minute ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

Celtic are so far ahead of everyone else in Scotland they should be known as the Invisibles

Everyone in the meedja was crying out for Sevco to be in the premiership to make Scottish football competitive again... Celtic go and win an unbeaten treble

Is it any wonder the game in this country is looked upon with as much contempt elsewhere

How you doing, m9? 

I won't go into some sort of match report, there's been some terrific ones already.

Really proud of the dons yesterday, what a performance. In that first half we went toe to toe and looked the better side. Fitness told in the end but what a show of fight.

Heartbreaking end but this feels better than the league cup final. That felt very very bitter. I suspect had it gone to extra time we would have lost anyway as we looked dead on our feet.

Thank you derek and thank you to all the players for a thoroughly enjoyable season, so many great moments. Despite what some wind up hibs fans say, you certainly did not bottle that yesterday.

And congratulations Celtic, by far and away the best team in Scotland and a great achievement in an unbeaten treble. You c***s [emoji6]

Archived