Scottish Cup final 2017* Aberdeen vs Celtic

jagfox

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

That would be wise.

It would save you all from having to go through the prescribed meaningless motions.

:lol:

You're quite the persistent bore, I'll give you that.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It wasn't a given; but neither is it especially impressive.

Lol...

Its great to see the pain that our success inflicts on so many others.  

Fair play to Abaadeen for proving to be the best of all the wee diddy teams in Scotland.

Here we go.... 10 IN A ROW.... !!!!!!

I'm steamin and just back from the post-match stuff so I'm not going to go much into the match as I imagine it's been done to death. For me the time to be bitter is tomorrow so will just say congratulations on the treble to Celtic, it's some achievement (despite factors that I will be bitter about and do to death tomorrow).

The 2000 Scottish Cup Final I was 11 years old and at a scout camp at Haddo House in rural Aberdeenshire, where I listened to the radio in a tent while it was pissing down and Jim Leighton got destroyed by Rod Wallace and that's all she wrote. I remember promising to myself that win or lose I'd be at the next one. Fast forward 17 years and I was there. Tactical stuff can be left for another day but I couldn't be prouder of the reds that gave their all, the supporters, and those who took time and money to make a fantastic display for when the teams came out. Every club's supporters say this, and for good reason, but Aberdeen are a club like no other for me, and the community spirit, the good humour and the highs and lows were all part of it. We lost today. Would I change not going there, finding another team, finding a different interest? Would I f**k.

We've got a new season and Europe again to look forward to. We'll get - based on our team and morale - to other cup finals. We will be back.

Shout outs to all reds there the day and who are always there. 12th man indeed. COYR

That was a most bizzare selection by McInnes.

I'm more pissed off with him potentially taking Scotland's best player out of the England game. If that was Scott Brown, dons fans would be crucifying him. Hypocritical arseholes.

Devastating way to lose a game we put everything into. Totally deflated and heartbroken.

However proud as punch with the display that we put in on the day. We matched Celtic as far as we could do but the superior squad showed out in the end, with sub Rogic losing sub O'Connor for the winner.

It was the right thing to do to bring O'Connor on as Shinnie was struggling big time with Rogic as the second half wore on but having taken Stockley off for Rooney, taking McGinn off meant we lost a second attacking outlet. We really struggled to get out after that and the goal was coming. But it was right to bring on Des, just took off the wrong man.

Can have no complaints with how we played at all, nor the management of the team. Just the better squad won out on the day. The Hayes and McLean moment will haunt us Dons fans for years to come.

The team, management and fans performed superbly well and the ovation they got at the end was well deserved.

Big summer ahead now to replace McGinn, Jack and Taylor.

Congratulations to Celtic finally. An unbeaten domestic season is something we're not likely to ever see again, truly remarkable achievement. Not that many people care as you're so far ahead of us all - had to add that line as a crowd pleaser for Romeo.

Congratulations to Celtic. However much I hate them, an unbeaten domestic season is a monumental achievement.

Still replaying that Hayes McLean catastrofuck in my head. From that moment on I thought we would lose.

I think it's fair to say McInnes got his subs wrong, but you could understand his thinking behind them. I think taking Stockley off caused us more problems than O'Connor coming on. While he's not a great footballer, he does have massive nuisance value, he clearly unsettles Boyata and Simunovic. On the other hand, I don't remember Rooney winning a single header or holding the ball up.

On the whole though, I couldn't be prouder of the effort and determination the team showed. I never expected to win, but we made a real game of it this time, unlike in the LCF. I was glad that most of our fans hung around to applaud the team at full time, they deserved that. 

Archived