Scottish Cup final 2017* Aberdeen vs Celtic

jagfox

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a bottle job, Aberdeen put in a cracking amount of effort and ran out of puff. It's hard as f**k playing against better players for 90 minutes. Their heads were there but the legs were gone, they played really well today. No point throwing a freaky.

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Well you'll still be here boring the arse off everyone anyway.

Hey, you're meant to be in a good mood.

What's wrong?  Is it that knowledge you try to hide from, that it's all so hollow?

25 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Yeah they were burst at the end regardless of any substitution, the longer that went on you could see Celtic nicking one.

Ever tried these two beverages?

5BRTg24gTO8dmKynBZe5_new2.jpg

Creme de Menthe, Irish Cream and Brandy, secret to getting the layers pour as slowly as you can.

Green beer?? seen it at a Pogues gig back in the 80's.

FWX GREEN BEER

Isn't that the stuff that created the Turtles/

30 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Yeah they were burst at the end regardless of any substitution, the longer that went on you could see Celtic nicking one.

Ever tried these two beverages?

5BRTg24gTO8dmKynBZe5_new2.jpg

Creme de Menthe, Irish Cream and Brandy, secret to getting the layers pour as slowly as you can.

Green beer?? seen it at a Pogues gig back in the 80's.

FWX GREEN BEER

Image result for soylent green

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

So many angry people on here.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

"dominated 2nd place"

6 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Well you'll still be here boring the arse off everyone anyway.

You're coming across as a dick.  Your team (deservedly) won a treble and you're lashing out at posters.

Away and learn how to be a good winner.

Gutted to fall just short, but I'm proud of this Aberdeen team. I said beforehand that the most important thing was to put in a much improved performance from the League Cup game. We more than passed that test.

We were excellent in the first half: Hayes took his goal superbly and we forced Celtic to bypass their midfield for large periods - as a result, Roberts and Sinclair were all but nullified. Logan perhaps should have been quicker and stronger to shut down Armstrong for their equaliser, but it is a very good strike nevertheless. We had the better openings and arguably should have gone in at half-time with our lead either intact or restored, but it was our most pleasing half of football against Celtic all season.

McLean's miss at 1-1 is the Dons chance that stands out from the second half - I'm not sure whether the pass was just off or if McLean should have held his run for a couple of seconds, possibly a mixture of both. After that, it was just wave after wave of Celtic attack - Lewis made two or three excellent saves and the much-maligned Taylor was arguably the best defender on the park. Considine should perhaps get closer to Rogic at his goal, but you did feel the winner was only a matter of time. It is a pity that we didn't have the legs to push them a bit further.

Plenty of good performers in red: Shinnie proved why he is the logical choice for captain next season, Hayes gave everything he had and more, Taylor defended resolutely, Lewis was a rock, Jack was fully committed and Considine had the better of Roberts for the majority of the game, to name but a few. On the other hand, Rooney evidenced his shortcomings outside the 18-yard box after he came on and showed why McInnes gave Stockley the nod over him; he needed to be the out-ball for our defence and deep midfield as their legs became heavier, but he wasn't capable of playing that role to the standard required. O'Connor coming on didn't really pay-off either: McGinn being hooked deprived us of a ball-carrier from middle to front and we gradually dropped deeper as the match wore on. In hindsight, putting Pawlett or even Wright on for McGinn might have proved to be more suitable choices. Those are just minor quibbles, though - we didn't quite have the stamina or quality to match Celtic, which is partially a testament to how hard the squad worked both on the day and since our season started last June.

This was McGinn, Jack and most likely Taylor's final bow for Aberdeen - and Pawlett is moving on too, although he didn't feature. Whatever I or anybody else thinks of them, they have all contributed to arguably the most talented Aberdeen team I have been old enough to fully understand and appreciate. I'll be genuinely saddened to see this squad break up. Hopefully we can keep hold of McInnes over the summer and attract the quality required to suitably replace our outgoing players - and to ensure that we have another positive campaign next season, continuing to seriously challenge in the cup competitions and at the right end of the league table.

Rubbish.
You'll probably see it next season.  

I'd be amazed.

Let me cite the fact that a half baked Celtic team beat Barcelona.

They got lucky against a far better side. That waster Watt scored the winner!

Surely they will get unlucky at some point next year?

Archived