Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

26 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

In what way is Alex Salmond "Disgraced"?

Surely resigning due to allegations of sexual misconduct and subsequently being charged with attempted rape and multiple counts of sexual assault is about as disgraceful an exit as you could get. Obviously he's not been found guilty yet, if that's what you're getting at?

8 hours ago, Donathan said:

I like Robertson, but a bit worried he might be seen as "yesterday's man". He's closely aligned with the disgraced Alex Salmond, but perhaps most fatally for any future SNP leadership campaign he's very closely aligned with the pre-2015 SNP MPs such as Wishart, Hosie and MacNeil that are largely seen as a pain in the arse compared to the newer intake. 

The next SNP leader will be Humza Yousaf or Derek Mackay if Sturgeon leaves and Scotland is still in the union. If Scotland is independent by the time she's left then it'll probably be someone who's currently a WM MP (Mhairi Black?)

Don't think I've ever heard Robertson described as "yesterday's man" more a future leader. His working association with Salmond won't remotely be an issue.

Many now describing Cherry as a future leader also. She's really impressed down at Westminster I have to say.

Yousaf and MacKay are further down the line as leaders in my opinion.  

Rumour is he will go up against Ruth Davidson at the Holyrood election. Taking her seat would be a sweet victory

1 hour ago, I'm Brian said:

In what way is Alex Salmond "Disgraced"?

Would have thought that Robertson would be more closely allied with the guys in the picture

CnJqBkwVUAAFksV.thumb.jpg.3fb8187f3507252c275796d736f96b95.jpg

And this is what Deacon Blue look like now.

Feel old yet ?

main.jpg.e50e66fe5da7dee229ff1932f600065f.jpg

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Surely resigning due to allegations of sexual misconduct and subsequently being charged with attempted rape and multiple counts of sexual assault is about as disgraceful an exit as you could get. Obviously he's not been found guilty yet, if that's what you're getting at?

The RT thing isn't a great look either.  

I like Robertson, but a bit worried he might be seen as "yesterday's man". He's closely aligned with the disgraced Alex Salmond, but perhaps most fatally for any future SNP leadership campaign he's very closely aligned with the pre-2015 SNP MPs such as Wishart, Hosie and MacNeil that are largely seen as a pain in the arse compared to the newer intake. 

The next SNP leader will be Humza Yousaf or Derek Mackay if Sturgeon leaves and Scotland is still in the union. If Scotland is independent by the time she's left then it'll probably be someone who's currently a WM MP (Mhairi Black?)
By pain in the arse you mean "don't do what they are telt".

52 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Don't think I've ever heard Robertson described as "yesterday's man" more a future leader. His working association with Salmond won't remotely be an issue.

Many now describing Cherry as a future leader also. She's really impressed down at Westminster I have to say.

Rumour is he will go up against Ruth Davidson at the Holyrood election. Taking her seat would be a sweet victory

Some real talent has arrived in the past two or three years. Before that the choices were looking slim. I'd have thought, though, that Joanna Cherry would absolutely be favourite, for good reason.

Would have thought Cherry more likely so stand against Ruth, given Edinburgh Central overlaps with her WM seat. Ruth will get back in on the list anyway

43 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Some real talent has arrived in the past two or three years. Before that the choices were looking slim. I'd have thought, though, that Joanna Cherry would absolutely be favourite, for good reason.

Until recently I would say Robertson would have walked into the job as leader. But Cherry really has impressed and would be in with a good shout.

Robertson, Cherry, Shephard, Brown, Blackford. Then further down the line Yousaf, MacKay, Black, Forbes could also be potential leaders in a few years 

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Would have thought Cherry more likely so stand against Ruth, given Edinburgh Central overlaps with her WM seat. Ruth will get back in on the list anyway

Apparently Robertson, Cherry and Alyn Smith being considered. 

Apparently Robertson, Cherry and Alyn Smith being considered. 

Given Cherry’s comments yesterday I get the feeling she is fed up with WM and would welcome a move to HR.

Maybe Robertson could stand in her WM constituency and Cherry could come to HR.

Forgot Alyn Smith and all the other MEPs will be looking for new jobs soon

3 hours ago, Colkitto said:

There's more chance of Motherwell winning the league and cup double than Joanna Cherry ever being leader of the party and FM.

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Why is that?

I've commented on this before. Cherry is undoubtedly a skilled a performer but the way she behaves away from the cameras means she would never have the support to go to the levels people are talking about here.

There are reasons that she didn't succeed in her group leadership bid after Angus Robertson lost his seat.    

Edited by Londonwell

3 hours ago, Londonwell said:

I've commented on this before. Cherry is undoubtedly a skilled a performer but the way she behaves away from the cameras means she would never have the support to go to the levels people are talking about here.

There are reasons that she didn't succeed in her group leadership bid after Angus Robertson lost his seat.    

I think she's clearly a highly intelligent woman and immensely capable, but my concern about having her lead the party is that she doesn't have the most convincing or robust speaking style. She puts a case clearly enough, but purely going off her Westminster performances, she tends to waffle, and doesn't really have the 'oomph' I'd expect from a leader. Having said that, she really shone in her committee role where her skills in cross-examination really came to the fore. She could tear chunks out of the Tory and Labour dunderheids at FMQ's.

Again, I like and respect her, and think she's enormously capable, but I'm not sure she's leadership or FM material, at least not just yet.

Edited by Boo Khaki

On 01/04/2019 at 18:20, Mr Heliums said:

This is exactly how banks justify exorbitant CEO pay and bonuses, while closing local branches.

Or at least it was. Since 2008 you don't hear that argument so much.

Bingo. I work for one of the big banks and the chief exec here has been guaranteed a 7 figure salary with a 7 figure bonus every year even though most of their time here has incurred large yearly losses. 

Front line staff seen their bonuses taken away with the excuse that the public were angry about banking staff being paid bonuses after the financial crash. Yes mate that'll be it, Joe Pubman is angry that Susan from the branch on £22k a year might pick up an extra £500 a quarter (if she was very good) while executive level still clear more in bonuses than most long term staff have seen in their careers. It's a national disgrace, especially for those bailed out and still largely owned by the taxpayer.

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 08:12, Dee Man said:

That's exactly what I am getting at

20 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Fiona Hyslop was a hottie

Aye. Good Ayr lass as well.

• 1 month later...