Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

3 hours ago, Zern said:

The referendum act? Gender recognition act? COP26 was handled well. Managing the COVID crisis?

How about lowering the voting age to 16, investing in the NHS, Schools, infrastructure and generally being very very competent at her job.

Trouble is, i have no idea what you would consider a fitting legacy for governance? The major changes were enacted whilst Nicola was Depute, and her influence on the SNP, and UK political landscape, has been major.

Legacies, when written, tend to be once the politician has stopped politicking, and Nicola hasn't finished quite yet.

At least when she does finish, she will actually be done with politics, there is no House of Lords for this lady.

No lording it over the pheasants.

If the major changes were made while she was depute, who was chief then. Alex Salmond. 

Referendum act is pointless. The Keatings case could have made things easier but the Scottish Government decided to oppose it.  The Scottish government decided to oppose a case which would decide if holyrood could call a referendum without a section 30. Why would they, it is not needed. Whether the referendum act is passed by holyroood or not westminster will overule it and change the scotland act.  That is what happened with the eu continuity bill and we all remember not being taking out of the eu against our will, where are we now.  

This is where we are. We have a parliamentary group that asked westminster for permission to ban protest at our own Scottish parliament.  

There we are. 

Just now, Kenneth840 said:

Why do you vote Snp?

They are unequivocally the good guys, the party of stable, sensible, progressive devolved government, lead by the greatest political leader of the modern era with a primary aim of delivering an independent Scotland which will be legitimate and recognised on the world stage. 

I’m sure all the Sturgeon supplicants know in their heart of hearts that it’s wrong that her husband is Chief Exec of the party. They don’t don’t like to talk about that. 

They trashed the party’s democratic principles which served it so well. I’d love to hear any justification for the changes they have forced to the party’s democratic structures and processes.

Edited by Thorongil

54 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

Just because you say its not doesnt mean it will be.

It's so banned that it's the centrepiece of the conference.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-prepares-snp-independence-25544222

Nicola Sturgeon prepares SNP for independence referendum push as party conference begins

1 hour ago, Kenneth840 said:

If the major changes were made while she was depute, who was chief then. Alex Salmond. 

Referendum act is pointless. The Keatings case could have made things easier but the Scottish Government decided to oppose it.  The Scottish government decided to oppose a case which would decide if holyrood could call a referendum without a section 30. Why would they, it is not needed. Whether the referendum act is passed by holyroood or not westminster will overule it and change the scotland act.  That is what happened with the eu continuity bill and we all remember not being taking out of the eu against our will, where are we now.  

This is where we are. We have a parliamentary group that asked westminster for permission to ban protest at our own Scottish parliament.  

There we are. 

You appear slightly confused on whether this has been passed, it has. It wasn't challenged.

It deals with the integral part of the devolution, voting rights which are wholly devolved to Scotland.

The expected challenge will be once the vote is passed for an independence referendum.

To be held under the terms of that exact legislation. Which passed and was not challenged.

Hard to see what legal argument can be levied against it. 

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I thought it was ok but not spectacular however I am chuckling at Politics Live digging up critics of Nicola and her approach, and only finding the usual bollocks from arch-Zoomers Alex Neil and Jim Sillars. 

Times like these are the only times you ever hear them mentioned!

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I thought it was ok but not spectacular however I am chuckling at Politics Live digging up critics of Nicola and her approach, and only finding the usual bollocks from arch-Zoomers Alex Neil and Jim Sillars. 

They needed to come and interview some of the fucking idiot, Sturgeon-hating moonhowlers on the Covid thread. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 hours ago, strichener said:

You are utterly obsessed.

Thanks for your concern, but I would suggest turning your 'obsessed' comments on those puce faced lunatics on that thread who spend their whole day screaming about that 'vile woman' (just to quote a random piece of abuse from yesterday's classics). 

Of course, I realise that you agree with them completely. 

Why is it with you Sturgeon-haters, all sense of reason and decency completely flies out of the window ?