2017/18 League Cup

craigkillie

It's worth saying that although the SPFL schedule has dates Sat-Wed-Sat-Wed-Sat, last season the midweeks were actually scheduled for Tuesdays.

Originally both Inverness and Ross County had one of their Saturday games delayed onto Sunday to avoid clashes of stewarding pools - and this meant Alloa v Ross County being scheduled for a Wednesday (i.e. so they didn't have 2 games in 3 days) - but with large crowds not expected they reverted to Saturdays and Tuesdays.

The spfl seem to always put mid-week games on a Wednesday but the majority of clubs seem to prefer Tuesday.

Whenever there's a scheduled mid-week league game there's inevitably changes made by the clubs.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lichtie95 said:

Times the draw today? And is it going to be shown on Youtube as well as BT as Im away out in Spain and cant get BT!

Not on Youtube but will be on the BT Sport Facebook page.

Best for us (well, selfishly, me!): Group that includes any of the following - Motherwell (away), St. Mirren (away), EK (away), Edinburgh City (away) - realise my ideal is impossible!

Worst would include - Motherwell (home, again), Morton (away) and any of the teams we played last season, i.e. Livi, Airdrie, Queen's Park, Albion Rovers and Stenny. Again, we're very likely to get a couple of these unseeded opponents. 

8 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

3 of Ayr, Berwick, Stranraer, Edinburgh City please, would ensure at least one decent away day. 

Worst group would be anyone we had last year, or Livingston obviously. 

Based on last years workings we'd have Stranraer and Edin City away. 

Six of the eight groups had the top seed hosting seed 2 and the lowest ranked side - only Hamilton Accies and Killie had it switched when they travelled to Edin City and Berwick respectively

Archived