The Champions vs The Buddies

11 hours ago, Young gun said:

I've been practicing all week 

I must have watched this at least 10 times (one of my best mates is a Hibee) since Hibs won the cup. Superb stuff

23 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It's remarkable.

Even more remarkable given that we've been anchored to the bottom of the league nearly all season and despite this, have easily the biggest travelling support in the Championship aside from Hibs. Even the further flung places in the division like Dumfries, Kirkcaldy and Dundee, we've been showing up with 800-1100 fans.

Steady on. Falkirk, Dunfermline and Dundee United carry bigger supports than St Mirren most of the time. You only managed 392 at TFS earlier in the season.

You're taking some fantastic supports now as you perform a truly remarkable escape from what looked like certain relegation a few months ago. Great to see and St Mirren generally have a decent away support but you're taking it a bit OTT with that statement 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Steady on. Falkirk, Dunfermline and Dundee United carry bigger supports than St Mirren most of the time. You only managed 392 at TFS earlier in the season.

You're taking some fantastic supports now as you perform a truly remarkable escape from what looked like certain relegation a few months ago. Great to see and St Mirren generally have a decent away support but you're taking it a bit OTT with that statement 

Might have known a Falkirk fan would get an itchy finger as soon as crowds were mentioned! :lol:

Perhaps 'easily' the second was a bit much but I'd would disagree with all three clubs mentioned, especially Falkirk and Dunfermline  - who have both had relatively successful seasons - having a larger away support on average than ourselves over the course of this season to be perfectly honest.

48 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

i hope David Gray (scorer of the goal in the 92nd minute of the 2016 scottish cup final to win Hibernian their first Scottish cup in 114 years whilst also condeming the **** to a beautiful, historical heads gone) takes the trophy past the celebrating st.mirren fans after the game and lifts it up towards them and points to them so he adknowledges the fact they played a significant part in Hibernian winning the league this season and also because of what they did 31 years ago today when they lay down to celtic which in turn cost Heart of Midlothian the league title on the final day of the season. also for beating Heart of Midlothian in the league cup final in 2013 ( a trophy Hearts now havent won for 55 (FIFTY FIVE) years). A tremendous, family football club who try to play football the right way. god bless you and i hope you stay up alongside those Dumbarton legends.

You were doing well till , we lay down. However Hearts fans have rubbed it in so much I say  F.U.C.K. it we did lay down :)

24 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

You were doing well till , we lay down. However Hearts fans have rubbed it in so much I say  F.U.C.K. it we did lay down :)

all hearts had to do was keep the score at 0-0.they could not do this so it all of a sudden became st mirrens fault.i suppose us beating hearts 6-2 earlier in the season was a major factor in their failure.:lol: 

it was probably our fault that aberdeen pumped them in the cup final too!!!!

There's some amount of bumpain from Hearts fans on Twitter over the amicable build-up to this game :lol:

Letting your bottle crash in one of the biggest games in your club's history, by failing to secure a draw against Dundee, is Morton-esque, TBH.

Marciano 

Gray 

Ambrose 

McGregor 

stevenson 

humphrey 

mcginn 

bartley

boyle 

Holt 

Cumdog 

could potentially be the last time we see a few of these players. Hopefully we win comfortably, play some great football to give our lads the send off they deserve and Ayr consign Raith to a play off pumping from Alloa or some other bunch of farmers. Big party all round 

14 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It's remarkable.

Even more remarkable given that we've been anchored to the bottom of the league nearly all season and despite this, have easily the biggest travelling support in the Championship aside from Hibs. Even the further flung places in the division like Dumfries, Kirkcaldy and Dundee, we've been showing up with 800-1100 fans.

You have an excellent travelling support, and the 5th biggest away support at Dumfries this season behind Hibs (twice), Linfield and Dundee United but you had nowhere near 800 -1,100 in Dumfries. 540 exactly on your recent visit and 169 for the midweek game in December when you hadn't won all season (until that night!).

3 hours ago, Cumdog35 said:

Looking forward to the carnival atmosphere. But I want Hibs to win. And we will win.

Hibs are champions for a reason but make no mistake this Saints team are on fire and have a hunger for points. A draw would do us but being a greedy git I fully expect all three. Will gladly clap Hibs lifting the trophy then both clubs can party. 

Wee lazy kick about and sing/song in the sun and draw 0-0 has been agreed yeah?   No need for anyone to risk injury/suspension in this one, why potentially harm the start of next season?  Looking forward to it.

My heart was broken, my heart was broken...

41 minutes ago, Zing. said:

I agree. 

Cant believe it could be the last time we see David Gray play for us. Heartbreaking. 

Aye, I'm going to watch the cup DVD again tonight  and enjoy it all tomorrow though.  Darren McGregors seemingly agreed a new 2 year deal. 

I enjoyed the Portillo banter earlier in the season but you have to give St.Mirren full credit for the recovery they've made. A 1-1 draw tomorrow with both sides having something to celebrate at the end.

The only question left is what are we calling this fine friendship, St. Mernian or The Hi-Buds ?

It's a fucking tough one, this 'let's all have a draw and a sing song' chat.

- This thread putitthere.png

- St Mirren's heroic turnaround putitthere.png

- Saint Lhiedown still rustling jambo jimmies decades on putitthere.png

- Sinking the wee Hearts sooks in Kirkcaldy putitthere.png

- Repaying the favour after you sorted us out v Falkirk putitthere.png

- It would make Lex happy ayeok.png

Archived