Hearts vs Aberdeen - Sunday 7th May

9 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

You'd think that supporters of another recently promoted team would realise this when mouthing off on here...

Already looking forward to next season. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My take on the game in the style of one of Tony Watt's film reviews:

Hearts weren't very good.

Aberdeen were better than Hearts - Aberdeen have better players, and a better manager.

3/10 - would not watch again.

If you liked my review, please like/follow/share.

Pretty much

Hearts weren't as bad as they have been lately. Aberdeen were a bit better

3 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Not quite though. 4 years ago you finished 11th. Season before, you finished 7th. Season before, you finished 11th. 

Hearts are still comfortably a top six club. 

They won't be next season if they keep Cathro. And they're turning into what we were 4 years ago. They're soft as shite, full of imposters who are just taking a wage, hearts fans more bothered about us than their own club, a tactically inept manager who has all the communication skills of a coconut, a board/owner who don't have a clue about football and as of next season they'll have thousands of empty seats. Oh, and they take regular shaftings from their biggest rivals. 

It's absolutely beautiful what they are becoming. I'm loving every second of it

18 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

They won't be next season if they keep Cathro. And they're turning into what we were 4 years ago. They're soft as shite, full of imposters who are just taking a wage, hearts fans more bothered about us than their own club, a tactically inept manager who has all the communication skills of a coconut, a board/owner who don't have a clue about football and as of next season they'll have thousands of empty seats. Oh, and they take regular shaftings from their biggest rivals. 

It's absolutely beautiful what they are becoming. I'm loving every second of it

Where do you see Hibs finishing in the league next season bounce?

7 minutes ago, d31 said:

why was nicholson not playing today?

No idea - he played for the u20s the other night - maybe it's because he's not agreed a contract extension?

Plenty of other players playing today who'll (hopefully) be elsewhere next season, mind.

4 hours ago, Karl Fletcher said:

:lol:

3 wins on the spin for the Dandies against Hertz 

Paulo must be on suicide watch 

Aberdeen won't finish ahead of Hearts this season - we'll both pick up a similar number of points against the dross, but we'll take 7-9 points off you in our three remaining meetings. McInnes simply can't deal with the Gorgie and we have you figured right out.

13 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Where do you see Hibs finishing in the league next season bounce?

Depends who we sign tbh. With this squad I think we'd get top 6th. With a few good additions we could push for top 4. It all comes down to how we recruit. Same could be said for hearts but after the signings Cathro made in January where he took a relatively solid side and turned them into a complete shambles I think that's highly unlikely. I also have my doubts over Lennon and his signing policy. i can't envisage Cathro getting the better of Lennon at all though. 

1 minute ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Depends who we sign tbh. With this squad I think we'd get top 6th. 

I think Hibs will be okay for next season but I think first or second is optimistic tbh. 

8 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Depends who we sign tbh. With this squad I think we'd get top 6th. With a few good additions we could push for top 4. It all comes down to how we recruit. Same could be said for hearts but after the signings Cathro made in January where he took a relatively solid side and turned them into a complete shambles I think that's highly unlikely. I also have my doubts over Lennon and his signing policy. i can't envisage Cathro getting the better of Lennon at all though. 

If a 7 figure offer comes in for Cummings again, I can't see Rod (or the player) turning it down. If he lets Lennon spend the dough, It wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to see the thumb back at Hibs. He can't be happy in a bit-part role at Celtic and surely won't head south again.

Not quite though. 4 years ago you finished 11th. Season before, you finished 7th. Season before, you finished 11th. 
Hearts are still comfortably a top six club. 

I was more meaning in terms of the club and knicker wetting supporters seeming to accept mediocrity.

Aye they're top 6, but that's mainly due to the start Neilson had, they've been in utter freefall after appointing Cathro. Comments I've seen are the team play with no shape, no 'identity', no passion, no desire, no quality - all things that I've said myself in the past about Hibs.

In the past when Hearts have been shite, the supporters have rallied round - look at the administration season. Sellouts most weeks, taking big travelling support, all behind the club now they are so separate it's exactly like what became of Hibs.

They add the bounce from romping the championship having survived admin, then they went on to finish third in their first season back and now it's slowly wearing off where fans are realising they're giving money out hand over first for a manner of different things and the product on the park isn't reflecting the effort they themselves are putting in.

We are indicative of what happens to a club when they fail to capitalise. We had the golden generation of Brown et al, when they all left for big bucks Collins wanted money for Naismith, Barry Robson and a couple others (whether he would've got them is a different story) and that was his level of ambition? Was he backed? Was he buggery. Money went on a new stand and training centre instead and then we started appointing shite managers who in turn signed shite players that ultimately led to us being relegated whilst having average crowds of 8-9k that whilst in Scottish football is no bad thing, but when it's in a 20k seater stadium it is.

Hearts will go the same way if they don't change whatever is wrong at the top - we said the same for so fucking long. Dempster comes in, the club is in the best shape its been in for god knows how many years.

2 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

I was more meaning in terms of the club and knicker wetting supporters seeming to accept mediocrity.

Aye they're top 6, but that's mainly due to the start Neilson had, they've been in utter freefall after appointing Cathro. Comments I've seen are the team play with no shape, no 'identity', no passion, no desire, no quality - all things that I've said myself in the past about Hibs.

In the past when Hearts have been shite, the supporters have rallied round - look at the administration season. Sellouts most weeks, taking big travelling support, all behind the club now they are so separate it's exactly like what became of Hibs.

They add the bounce from romping the championship having survived admin, then they went on to finish third in their first season back and now it's slowly wearing off where fans are realising they're giving money out hand over first for a manner of different things and the product on the park isn't reflecting the effort they themselves are putting in.

We are indicative of what happens to a club when they fail to capitalise. We had the golden generation of Brown et al, when they all left for big bucks Collins wanted money for Naismith, Barry Robson and a couple others (whether he would've got them is a different story) and that was his level of ambition? Was he backed? Was he buggery. Money went on a new stand and training centre instead and then we started appointing shite managers who in turn signed shite players that ultimately led to us being relegated whilst having average crowds of 8-9k that whilst in Scottish football is no bad thing, but when it's in a 20k seater stadium it is.

Hearts will go the same way if they don't change whatever is wrong at the top - we said the same for so fucking long. Dempster comes in, the club is in the best shape its been in for god knows how many years.

Dempster's come in, and she's got so much more to work with though! A stadium that's not falling down, and professional facilities which help attract top quality players. Plus, a fanbase so worn down by the shite that's gone before that they are willing to be patient with the re-building process. Had you been relegated in 2008, for example, just after the (relative) successes of the "Golden Generation" would the fans have accepted taking three years to get back up? I doubt it. 

That's what Hearts fans are suffering from now. They've had two and a half good seasons, had their manager poached, and they're back to square 1: a middling Scottish Premiership team. They need to be patient and let Cathro build his own side. He's made some good signings (Tziolis, Goncalves) and some bad (Choulay, Avlonitis) and he's been left some good players, and some bad. The team's in transition and needs time to develop partnerships. They're not in any danger of going down, he deserves a chance to give it a go. A chance he's not getting from the Hearts fans, which is a shame, because it means their next manager is probably going to be Jim Jeffries or someone of that ilk. 

Why are c***s still coming on here saying to hearts supporters that we should be more patient with Cathro and the team? It's laughable stuff- look at our record so far , the league doesn't lie.

We expect more as a support because we don't accept "not being in danger of relegation " as a grounds for success.

Get tae f**k man, honestly.

No more points this season nap.

Archived