Manager of the Year

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rodgers will get it. I know it's almost always the current Celtic manager who gets it

It's almost always the current Celtic manager is it? Lennon won 3 titles and a double, Delia won 2 titles.

07/08 Reid - Hamilton

08/09 Strachan - Celtic

09/10 Smith - Rangers

10/11 McGlynn - Raith

11/12 Adams - Ross County

12/13 Johnston - QOTS

13/14 McInnes - Aberdeen

14/15 Hughes - ICT

15/16 Warburton - Rangers

Rodgers will, and probably should get it. If Duffy got us up he'd be a much better contender, right now he's doing a fine but unspectacular job. The current collapse certainly hasn't helped him. 

9 hours ago, cilitbang said:

Why all the clamour for Tommy Wright? Has a bigger budget than most of the league and plays shit football with his teams. 

No surprise the professionals didn't vote for him and his anti-football. 

^^^ Hasn't played European football, it's the  European way to be streetwise. Archie might learn one day.

Top 6 ain't an achievement m8, Europe and winning trophies, aye.

Long way for Archieboy to go yet before he's anywhere near Sir Thomas. He is however taking baby steps in the right direction. 

7 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

It's almost always the current Celtic manager is it? Lennon won 3 titles and a double, Delia won 2 titles.

07/08 Reid - Hamilton

08/09 Strachan - Celtic

09/10 Smith - Rangers

10/11 McGlynn - Raith

11/12 Adams - Ross County

12/13 Johnston - QOTS

13/14 McInnes - Aberdeen

14/15 Hughes - ICT

15/16 Warburton - Rangers

Apologies - I was massively wrong.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

^^^ Hasn't played European football, it's the  European way to be streetwise. Archie might learn one day.

Top 6 ain't an achievement m8, Europe and winning trophies, aye.

Long way for Archieboy to go yet before he's anywhere near Sir Thomas. He is however taking baby steps in the right direction. 

11c20f1f1e5dc119309544cb61db1398_oh-look

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Saintees fans still absolutely seething about Wright's admission from the shortlist 24697802fbeb12e65dd4bb2f73a0aa49.jpg

Not really. At a stretch, I do think it's a pity for him - particularly when you look at that list of past winners - that he's never won it. But he's sort of hung by his own success now; though arguably it's that continued success that is the most impressive thing about him as a manager when you consider our budget. But nobody's head is exploding about it. These awards are just opinions after all.

I'll have a wee nibble on the Tommy Wright bait...

The argument seems to be that because Saints are an established top 4 side, (on amongst the smaller budgets in the league), that it's expected, so to finish 4th again is not such an achievement??!!

Whereas because Thistle have been shite for 36 years, and manage to finish 6th in a 12 team league, Alan Archibald is some managerial mastermind, despite the budget not being that much different from St Johnstone's??

:thumsup2

Archibald should be nowhere near it, he's not that far removed from Martin Canning in terms of achievement.  Motherwell finished 5th last season, but i'm sure nobody would have given Mark McGhee the award. 

Rodgers if he does the treble and finishes the season unbeaten. McInnes deserves a mention for 2nd and 2 cup finals, Jack Ross should definitely be up there.

Archived