Manager of the Year

25 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I hope they're a right fat bastirt emoji23.png

As in tea, the drink. Anyone using that as a name for food is OFTW.

Used a loyalty card* that I have so got it for f**k all. #winning

*It's a card they stamp when I get my morning drink and I receive every 8th drink free, not a loyalty card for buying pies. Just had to clear that up.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Archibald has done a great job at Thistle so deserves to at least be nominated if not win it..... Will bigger clubs come calling in the summer thou??

Don't think we will I'm pretty happy with Jig.

All the managers on the list have over achieved.
That's the reason Thomas Wright isn't there. Unless you call a 4th place finish with the 5th highest budget an achievement.

Not a hope in hell we have the fifth highest budget in the league

12 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

All the managers on the list have over achieved.
That's the reason Thomas Wright isn't there. Unless you call a 4th place finish with the 5th highest budget an achievement.

2 minutes ago, YHallSaint said:

Not a hope in hell we have the fifth highest budget in the league

Were Saints not 10th on the list of average wage? 

Archibald deserves a nomination. Thistle in the top six is a fine achievement.

Tommy Wright a victim of St Johnstone's success. Top six is now expected every season, even though it's still some effort.

However, a domestic, unbeaten treble is impressive, no matter the budget. Anyone other than Rodgers winning is a total farce.

Rodgers will 100% win it, no question and deservedly so.

Mcinnes deserves to be there. In the second half of the season we've achieved amazing consistency and handed out a few skelpings along the way. Also reaching both finals is impressive. Let down by performances in bigger games.

Archibald totally agree with, done a great job this season.

Duffy...meh

Archibald deserves a nomination. Thistle in the top six is a fine achievement.
Tommy Wright a victim of St Johnstone's success. Top six is now expected every season, even though it's still some effort.
However, a domestic, unbeaten treble is impressive, no matter the budget. Anyone other than Rodgers winning is a total farce.

It is possible that Celtic won't win the treble you know.

Hypothetically.

Why all the clamour for Tommy Wright? Has a bigger budget than most of the league and plays shit football with his teams. 

No surprise the professionals didn't vote for him and his anti-football. 

Rodgers will get it. I know it's almost always the current Celtic manager who gets it but he deserves it more than most – Celtic are heading for an unbeaten season and the treble and avoided embarrassment in Europe. Archibald's had a good season and is a good manager, but nowhere near winning it.

I'm not saying Tommy Wright deserves to be nominated, but he is frequently unfairly overlooked: he didn't even win it the year we beat Rosenborg in Europe, reached the semis of the League Cup, finished top six and won the Scottish Cup for the first time in our history.

If you're not going to win it then, you'll never win it.

9 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

I'd argue St Johnstone are now an established top 6 side and therefore, even though Tommy Wright is a cracking manager and St J are a good side, they havent done anything special this year to warrant a MOTY nomination.

This was my thinking too - he's a fantastic manager and I'd say that St Johnstone are a side I rarely fancy our chances against, yet they're now such a solid, well managed football club that even their finishing in fourth place isn't that surprising. Would like Thistle to be in a similar position, tbh...

For the turnaround from Christmas Archie merits the nomination. Would grumble a little if Duffy gets it but otherwide couldn't argue with whoever is chosen as winner, strong arguments for Rodgers and co.

Archived