Manager of the Year

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top 6 with Partick is pretty good.

Any manager punching above their weight deserves recognition. That includes Tommy Wright.

Rodgers will get it but Celtics achievement this season is (possibly) being unbeaten. They should be expected to win the treble with the financial advantage they have. 

Alan Archibald nominated [emoji38]

What has he even achieved?

^^^ raging that Tommy Tantrum never got nominated.

9904dca028818db51158764e42f34575.jpg

Archibald has done a great job at Thistle so deserves to at least be nominated if not win it..... Will bigger clubs come calling in the summer thou??

Tommy Wright probably suffers from St Johnstone's success in finishing top six year in year out*

Archie meantime has taken Thistle to their highest league finish in 36 years which is worthy of mention if not the actual award itself. 

*That and the fact that nobody can stay awake long enough to watch St Johnstone play to form an opinion of them and Wright. :P

Can't agree more with Archie getting nominated. Taking a team with one of the smallest budgets in the league into the top 6 is a fantastic achievement. Made even more impressive given we were bottom in December. Archie proved himself to be a good manager by changing the shape/personnel to push us up the table and therefore deserves recognition for that.

I'd argue St Johnstone are now an established top 6 side and therefore, even though Tommy Wright is a cracking manager and St J are a good side, they havent done anything special this year to warrant a MOTY nomination.

Of those not nominated, I'd say Jack Ross could have been in with a shout IMO. Taken St Mirren from near certainties for relegation to odds-on to avoid it. 

10 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Can't agree more with Archie getting nominated. Taking a team with one of the smallest budgets in the league into the top 6 is a fantastic achievement. Made even more impressive given we were bottom in December. Archie proved himself to be a good manager by changing the shape/personnel to push us up the table and therefore deserves recognition for that.

I'd argue St Johnstone are now an established top 6 side and therefore, even though Tommy Wright is a cracking manager and St J are a good side, they havent done anything special this year to warrant a MOTY nomination.

Of those not nominated, I'd say Jack Ross could have been in with a shout IMO. Taken St Mirren from near certainties for relegation to odds-on to avoid it. 

Not to mention the great start to the season he had with Alloa.  He's an excellent manager.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

They should be expected to win the treble with the financial advantage they have. 

Aberdeen should be expected to beat St Johnstone with the financial advantage they have.

1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

Tommy Wright should be ahead of McInnes i think.

I'm a fan of Tommy Wright but as McInnes has taken Aberdeen to second place and two cup finals I'm inclined to say he deserves the nomination this season.

57 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Definitely. Done a great job at both St Mirren and Alloa this season.

Am due a work mate(not Tony) a large tea from Baynes now. I said that whore Jagfox would be first to reply, c**t.

I hope they're a right fat bastirt [emoji23]

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

They did, 2-1 a couple of weeks back.

HTH

But they should be expected to do it every single time, given the massive financial gap. ;)

Especially at home for instance.

HTH

Archived