CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

3 minutes ago, Elementary Penguin said:

And of the defendants'? Where is the question over their ability to make the same choice? 

Exactly. There is none. And that's only because it doesn't fit the narrative. I'm surprised the accusations didn't extend to the drink Robertson allegedly plonked in fron of her (which she didn't remember drinking, of course). The case is an absolute fucking mess. 

I agree, that's why she took the civil route. The defendents have had their chance, they have not raised their ability to consent as an issue. If the are capable of being willing participants, they are capable of establishing her ability to consent. It is their position that she did, she says she didn't. Can you see why rape is difficult to prosecute? The lower burden of proof in civil court has found in her favour twice now, with two different panels of Judges.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

It absolutely is not.

Using that logic, the very idea of passing judgement or having an opinion about anyone or anything would be moot as we've all made some form of mistake in life. Total nonsense.

The point he made is the same point everyone other than Clyde supporters is making; to support a rapist is at best misguided and at worst a tacit endorsement of his action.

Do you have songs you sing that praise him, for example? I would find that very uncomfortable indeed were I a Clyde supporter.

How can you call him a rapist when he has not been convicted of the crime far less even been to court and you  think Clyde fans are misguided, Jeezo. if Goodwillie had been convicted, you wouldn't find many people who would want him to play for their team, as it is that is not the case.

How can you call him a rapist when he has not been convicted of the crime far less even been to court and you  think Clyde fans are misguided, Jeezo. if Goodwillie had been convicted, you wouldn't find many people who would want him to play for their team, as it is that is not the case.

Found guilty of rape in a civil court and again in the appeal. Rapist.

Sergeant Wilson you and my wife seem to be on the same wavelength.

I object to some implying I am an apologist for a rapist.My issue is how can anyone make a meaningful decision in this issue when all parties seem to agree they were all gutter ex and none of them in any position to make reasoned decisions.Surely this is why the Procurator didn't pursue action.

There is no criminal record against Goodwillie's name just a ruined reputation.I hope with Clyde's help he can get his life back together.I also wish the same for his accuser.

12 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

Sergeant Wilson you and my wife seem to be on the same wavelength.

I object to some implying I am an apologist for a rapist.My issue is how can anyone make a meaningful decision in this issue when all parties seem to agree they were all gutter ex and none of them in any position to make reasoned decisions.Surely this is why the Procurator didn't pursue action.

There is no criminal record against Goodwillie's name just a ruined reputation.I hope with Clyde's help he can get his life back together.I also wish the same for his accuser.

They make decisions based on the factual content and the credibility of the evidence. Two separate civil courts have found in her favour, in doing so finding that on the balance of probabilites the two defendents were responsible. That's all the jurisdiction they have.

I've not raised Goodwillie's employability,  that's a different and more difficult question, but it's been well covered in the Cheddar Evans thread.

5 minutes ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Well yes, those are facts which have been reached twice now, but they don't alter the equally crucial fact that in order to pursue them, a litigation procedure, involving an amount of settlement (reparations?) is required in order to kick them off. That this isn't even considered as a motivating factor in starting those proceedings over the crime in question, after being thrown out the Law courts, is another aspect of the case which in my opinion, casts even more shadows over the whole thing. 

It's very easy to see how this didn't make the court of Law.....having personally served on three fucking juries poring over this very crime (last one in 2007), the amount of character layout from the plaintiff and inconsistency of prosecution witness evidence between those present and those not, would have us sent home by 10am on the Monday morning. 

I think her motivation to pursue the claim will have been taken in to consideration. But that wouldn't change the credibility of the evidence.

If we accept your insinuations that she is solely motivated by money and is making the best of a situation of her own making. How poor and unconvincing must the opposing evidence have been not to overcome that?

Come to think of it, Clyde FC have made it a bit of a habit giving jobs to people with fairly unsavoury records. Andy Goram was a coach at the club when he was an alcy, banging players' maws and conning money off folk. Alan Lithgow, Adam Strachan, David Goodwillie, John Brown, John McCormack, Joe Miller. A real rogues gallery of thieves, spousal abusers, rapists, conmen, flashers and generally unsavoury characters. An odious little club.

And Gypos to boot.

To a reply to my last post.. there is a very new thing I seen on the tele saying now you need to actually double check with a women before havin sex ! you actually need their approval in words.. if not that could be considered rape.

no part of that did I defend rape at all.

5 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

There’s  law now that you actually need to ask them “can we have sex pls” now isn’t there ?

5 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

To a reply to my last post.. there is a very new thing I seen on the tele saying now you need to actually double check with a women before havin sex ! you actually need their approval in words.. if not that could be considered rape.

no part of that did I defend rape at all.

No-one is accusing you of anything, because nobody has a fùcking clue what the point you're trying to make is.

On another note has Gunther/Johnny been emptied? 

The security guy claims she needed an Ambulance? 

In my opinion,  that in itself should tell most people that the girl was definitely not in any position to give consent. 

We wouldn't be having this debate if they had done the decent thing and get the lass home. 

I can definitely see why the verdict would go in the girls favour 

This post has been edited after a request from a nervous Politbureau who seem to imagine that people give the gluteus maximus of a rattus norvegicus what I post. 

i'm sure somebody quoted the original post and I imagine their reply to any request to edit it will be along the lines of Arkell v Pressdram. 

36 minutes ago, Menzel said:

Clyde fans scrambling to defend Goodwillie...because he plays for Clyde.

A once proud club.

goodwillie is class what was the aberdeen score tonite you diddy roaster cant beet rangers joke club

Archived