CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like they’ll be at Huddersfield Sunday-Thursday morning then training with us Thursday night and the game on the Saturday. Hope they know we’ve three midweek games as well. 

Been giving innes pelters last couple of weeks , but he certainly has come up with the goods during the window , squad looks very good now , no excuses we can't go on a run and let's see where it take us

When you look at the window recruitment compared with last summer night and day

Our next three games: Edinburgh at home, Berwick away and Cowdenbeath at Home. Throw in midweek away games at Edinburgh and Cowdenbeath still to come; that’s a hoard of points to be won and rocket us up the league. I know, I know..but you never know.

Now that the transfer window is shut, certainly one we've done well in. 

Bringing in gourlay, Lang, martin, 2 Huddersfield boys and love, who may be banned after tomorrow. Also, keeping goodwillie. 

Squad looks a lot better and hopefully we can enjoy a better 2018, last 2 results have put us on the right track for a start. 

Hopefully the boys brought in can play a little football... Granted i have not been at games for many years now however watching highlights, it looks like majority of our play is route one.   Not expecting Man City style of play but a little bit of football would be nice.  

That being said, winning games will help me look by it.

Hopefully the momentum keeps with us.  Winnable games coming up and results around us have been going our way past few games.

On face of it pretty positive on who we have brought in, although we are assuming the Huddersfield guys are decent, not having seen them so time will tell and fingers crossed.

Although biggest positive of course has to be....David Goodwillie is still here, of all the signings that is perhaps the most important, delighted with that one!  

Watched a few clips of the Huddersfield lads on YouTube & they look like good signings. Couple of weeks ago our season was over & I was sitting at broadwood whilst getting beat , checking the Cowdenbeath score. Now I’m confident we can give it a right good go & aim for the playoffs!

Beating the top two sides & recruiting well has built some momentum and things are starting to look up. It is Clyde mind you so with 3 very winnable games we’ll no doubt end up with very few points. Time will tell. 

Funny how now there’s a bit of positivity and momentum some people are very quiet. Between here and the Facebook pages some folk have been reported missing since we’ve won last two against top of the table and signed a few decent players. 

Yeah, some fans just like a moan. ????

I wonder if the young boys you got from Huddersfield are going to maybe train full-time with us. Both come up here for a trial and if we wanted to loan them out, you would be above the limit I think so a loan would need to be done cross border.

I'm trying not to be to excited about the two boys from Huddersfield. I've no idea how good they are or will be.

However, I am glad that Danny Lennon seems to be filling the problem positions most Clyde fans seem to agree needed addressed.

This added to winning our last two matches against the top teams in the league makes me very optimistic.

I'm now really looking forward to Saturday and the rest of the season watching the start of the return of the glorious Bully Wee

...at last!

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

I wonder if the young boys you got from Huddersfield are going to maybe train full-time with us. Both come up here for a trial and if we wanted to loan them out, you would be above the limit I think so a loan would need to be done cross border.

Doesn't seem Iike it, appears they'll come up on a Thursday and train with us, play Saturday then go back to Huddersfield until the following week. 

6 hours ago, KieranClyde said:

Funny how now there’s a bit of positivity and momentum some people are very quiet. Between here and the Facebook pages some folk have been reported missing since we’ve won last two against top of the table and signed a few decent players. 

So do you think 2 wins and all is great again.

Its time you woke up,the club is still in a mess. Nearly 10 years in this division and the crowds are under 500 playing top of the league.

No doubt you think the CIC has been great for the club.

I do wonder how stupid or fans are at times.

13 minutes ago, Arbuckle said:

Its time you woke up,the club is still in a mess. Nearly 10 years in this division and the crowds are under 500 playing top of the league.

I think he was getting at what you're getting at...

35 minutes ago, Arbuckle said:

Don't think anyone is trying to say all is great again, just that it's nice to be feeling a bit of real positivity for the first time this season. One of the obvious reasons the crowd was so low last week was because it was assumed that we were going to get put back in our place after a really good result against Monty. I normally go with a group of 5 and only 2 of us went for that very reason. Those that did go were treated to our best result of the season against the best team in the league. Of course we're going to be feeling positive.

Archived