CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Ramsay just 2 years ago was one of the better players in the Rangers development team. That’s the level these colt teams would be at, and people are seriously suggesting throwing they calibre of players into league 2 will produce international quality players.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ramsay just 2 years ago was one of the better players in the Rangers development team. That’s the level these colt teams would be at, and people are seriously suggesting throwing they calibre of players into league 2 will produce international quality players.

Yip. Listened to Mccoist and Mcghee on a talksport tonight/Scottish show and they thought it would be a wonderful idea, one clearly got self interest,Other a clown but both have same thing in common...Nae jobs in fitba!!

1 hour ago, You Only Live Twice said:

“Ramsay is expected to join a Lowland League side, with clubs below SPFL level not bound by transfer window regulations.”

Aye, that and it’s where he fucking belongs emoji1303.png

Don't be daft, he's no that good. 

Glad we've freed up a wage, although it's outrageous we paid a fee for him. 

Good interview with Lang, one point I noticed is even during games the bench are supporting the team, noticed that myself with the goals v Montrose and the winner against Edinburgh. 

2 hours ago, support the underdog said:

what is the Clyde Boards view on Celtic and The Rangers colts joining the league? I sincerely hope they are against it- don't be bought for a tiny pot of gold and further undermine competition.

In addition to the owners forum poll, another supporters branch has 70-2 against and we sent a letter to the club. I messaged the club’s SLO this morning and he hasn’t heard back from the chairman as yet. 

FWIW, this was the letter;

Dear Norrie Innes
We are writing to you in reference to the current media speculation regarding Rangers and Celtic “colts” side being parachuted into League Two which we current participate. A poll has been running since last Tuesday (23nd January) and the results are as follows (73 votes cast):
•    Against – 70
•    For – 2
•    Undecided – 1
Whilst we are aware there has been, to our knowledge, no formal proposal been submitted to the club to consider at board level, we feel it is only correct that supporters voices are heard on this rather emotive issue. Members have stressed two main points:
•    It would invalidate the competition. There could be scenario’s where finishing third would result in automatic promotion as, according to the draft proposal leaked by Elgin City FC, both Celtic and Rangers “colts” cannot be promoted or relegated. Similarly, if they finished 9th and 10th, would result in the 8th placed side competing in the relegation playoff round.
•    The game needs to change to survive and as such the money generated from the guaranteed 250 ticket sales would help with this. Other members counter this opinion by stressing the additional costs of hosting extra matches at Broadwood, since they would play all matches away from “home”.

You may have already received emails from supporters regarding this issue and I would encourage more to do so as we do not hold the voice for all Clyde fans; however I cannot stress enough the ill feeling towards this proposal amongst our members. We are 100 strong in membership and are going to be more proactive in the future in supporting our wonderful club so we feel this letter to yourself and the board was necessary. We are delighted with the last two results and even more so with the performances. We are 100% behind Danny, Allan and the team as we look to push on up the table and end the season on a high. 

Kind Regards,
Glasgow Branch Clyde Supporters.

Good- can't be much clearer than that and pleased to see the support is so strong on this. It would make a complete mockery of the league if they allow it and frankly 250 tickets at £10 is insulting. But it's not really about money- it's about principle. Surely the Board cannot ignore such strong feeling?

It is not obvious what the best solution is but the current four division set up is stale. Personally  I wish Celtic and Rangers would piss off and join the EPL. Sadly they won't have them. They have ruined the game really with their total domination, but they can't be allowed to ruin the set up for their greed.  Ironically if they get their way it will make very little difference to them but simply undermine the real football clubs, like Clyde, that make the backbone of the game

Yip. Listened to Mccoist and Mcghee on a talksport tonight/Scottish show and they thought it would be a wonderful idea, one clearly got self interest,Other a clown but both have same thing in common...Nae jobs in fitba!!

Mark McGhee is currently managing Barnet and he stated that he was against Colt teams in that show.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Mark McGhee is currently managing Barnet and he stated that he was against Colt teams in that show.

He's still at Barnet but not as manager. Some sort of technical director.

Archived