Stranraer FC 2017-18

7 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Easy 12 points for us next season

If we reach the playoffs next season hope we don't have a player taking a spot kick in the shootout, who is signing for the team we are playing against the next day. Not suggesting they tried to miss but should have not put his name forward knowing where he was going.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we reach the playoffs next season hope we don't have a player taking a spot kick in the shootout, who is signing for the team we are playing against the next day. Not suggesting they tried to miss but should have not put his name forward knowing where he was going.

Don't think he knew tbh. But I understand your angst, I wouldn't like that either

Don't think he knew tbh. But I understand your angst, I wouldn't like that either

To be fair to him he missed the first (only?) one that he hit for us as well. So maybe just shite at penalties!

Confirmed at the South of Scotland AGM that Stranraer will have a team in the league this season. Not sure if this is a replacement for the 20's or the club are running with both. Maybe find out more at our own AGM.

Few cup draws made already for the South. Home to Wigtown in the Tweedie Cup, home to Threave in the Potts Cup and home to Newton Stewart in the League Cup.

9 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

If you're referring to the Sparky mentioned in the post you quoted as being Mark Docherty, do you genuinely think you'll be signing better players than him?

Yes, yes. 

A think he was referring to amadou kazzarate. Doc would be a brilliant signing and replacement if Dick was to move to another club. Good news from the club to go into the south of Scotland league this season. Hope we stay in the league for years to come and stay clear of the 20s league which has been a waste of time if am being truthfully honest. 

3 hours ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

If you're referring to the Sparky mentioned in the post you quoted as being Mark Docherty, do you genuinely think you'll be signing better players than him?

We already have.

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 18:51, North Terrace Gazza said:

15 hours ago, Hursty said:

To be fair to him he missed the first (only?) one that he hit for us as well. So maybe just shite at penalties!

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Yes, yes. 

41 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

We already have.

Hey Ayr.

1 hour ago, bobsablue said:

Jamie Hamill now  signed ex killie, Hearts & Queens 

Probably an excellent signing for you. Certainly doesnt have the legs to play central midfield at Championship level but did perfectly well at right back for us and for me was binned from the position a bit early by us. He lost his place in January due to illness then suspension and it coincided with a run of decent form so he never got back in. By the time we hit a poor run late season Naysmith had already decided to release him so didnt bother sticking him back in. I thought he was probably our best player for the first month of the season before we signed Stephen Dobbie. 

8 hours ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

3 5 2 coming to Stair Park

Good call!

Belford

Hamill Neill Lang

Robertson                   Dick/Docherty (if Dick leaves, please)

Bell   Thomson

Agnew

Wallace Woods

Not too bad a side considering how early it is. Obviously still need to resolve the issue of a left back. Still needing a couple of forwards especially if Woods is more of a midfielder.

14 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Good call!

Belford

Hamill Neill Lang

Robertson                   Dick/Docherty (if Dick leaves, please)

Bell   Thomson

Agnew

Wallace Woods

Not too bad a side considering how early it is. Obviously still need to resolve the issue of a left back. Still needing a couple of forwards especially if Woods is more of a midfielder.

Quite sure we'll sign a couple of width players  before long,also I would expect Kyle Turner to be starting this season.Hopefully the wee man will be physically stronger after the summer,the reason given last season was experience was needed to save our League 1 status,so hence was played sparingly,no such problems at the start of next season,so I would be disappointed if he wasn't a first choice pick.

Archived