Stranraer FC 2017-18

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Can't say I remember him standing out for Peterhead against us but that's maybe just poor memory on my part. Nice to have a wide player added. We now have nine players who can play in midfield.

Mcinnes stays with dons so you're losing a player in midfield

12 hours ago, Moonball said:

He hasn't actually played many games over the last couple of seasons, although 3 goals in 12 for Peterhead is fair enough. 

TBH, I'm not sure I'm over the moon about the signings so far. Seems to be a team of older heads with rather few places for youngsters

coming through. 

Anderson played 47 times in the season just finished. He played 33 the season before. The season before that he managed 37. The season before that he played in 40 games. In 2012/13, he played in 40. Where does the idea of not playing many games come from?

49 minutes ago, beefybake said:

He hasn't actually played many games over the last couple of seasons, although 3 goals in 12 for Peterhead is fair enough. 

TBH, I'm not sure I'm over the moon about the signings so far. Seems to be a team of older heads with rather few places for youngsters

coming through. 

A third of our new signings (Lang and Neill) are under 21. I reckon we've got a good balance of promising youth and experience.

1 hour ago, beefybake said:

coming through. 

Average age of the current first team squad is 25.

53 minutes ago, TAFKAC said:

Anderson played 47 times in the season just finished. He played 33 the season before. The season before that he managed 37. The season before that he played in 40 games. In 2012/13, he played in 40. Where does the idea of not playing many games come from?

You're right. I misread the dates on that there soccerbase. 

Ando should be a good signing for Stranraer. He's quite pacy, loves sticking to the wing, and if his delivery was better then he'd have ended up at a level higher than the Scottish Championship. He's an utter machine in the air though. If your keeper hoofs a ball up to the wing, then you can expect him to win the ball 9 times out of 10. As Renton mentioned, he'll always be a favourite at Stark's for his goal against Hibs in the cup. 

Hopefully Liam Dick to sign up this week,that would be Hamill,Robertson,Barron,Neill and Dick now signed,very strong in that department,add the midfield of Bell,Turner,Thomson,Woods,Agnew and Anderson,with Laing and Wallace also signed,maybe another couple and you can see why blues fans are optimistic for the season ahead.

Hopefully Liam Dick to sign up this week,that would be Hamill,Robertson,Barron,Neill and Dick now signed,very strong in that department,add the midfield of Bell,Turner,Thomson,Woods,Agnew and Anderson,with Laing and Wallace also signed,maybe another couple and you can see why blues fans are optimistic for the season ahead.

Great business so far from Faz and the team. Maybe another striker and wide player needed before we are set for the new season. Looking forward to seeing how we line up this Saturday against Larne.

We play Cumbernauld Colts Saturday 22nd July at Broadwood. 11am kick off.

I see we also play Dumbarton in what seems to becoming an annual friendly on the 1st of July at Lochinch. No kick off time confirmed yet.

Archived