Stranraer FC 2017-18

^^^^^^^
Works for P & O type post.

True but I could work on the moon and I'd still be concerned. Seems Stena are getting more from the deal than the club.
Dictating what sponsor boards Stranraer can have, telling them they want strips to be a certain colour add in hospitality every home game and however many complementary tickets.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Easy win today but against lesser opposition. Would of been as swell playing out under 20'S if it was about competition.

Woods, Hamill and Anderson look good additions. Wallace was awful! Won't read too much into it. Entertaining enough for a friendly with a few quality goals.

On a more sour note looks like the club has bent over to Stena and went with their demands of a strip in the Swedish colours. Add the amount of hospitality packages they receive through the season. It seems Stena benefits more than the club.

Easy to compliment the current the committee given the good position the club are in but until they have the balls to stand up and get rid of the free loaders we'll keep being penalised.

I understand your point, Matt. But are Stena really free loaders?

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

How long have Stranraer been sponsored by Stena? The first match I attended was in 1993 and they were our sponsors then. Surely it must be the longest sponsorship in Scottish football?

It is Stena have sponsored us for 30 years.

Disagree with what mattmc has said.  If they did demand that away top then good on them as its the best top we have had out for years. Yes people think they are taking the pis* but you have to look at the bigger picture. If you think that our biggest problem to date is that our sponsor for 30 years wants a top in there colour that we will wear no more that 10 times this season and that most weeks they have 5+ in hospitality,some weeks none then the club are doing not to bad. 

As for the game on Saturday. Am not looking to much into it. Larne were very poor. Hard for the players to get going in the second half when the game was done and very very flat. Will be more of a test when they play Dumbarton and FC twente. 

3 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Not sure what the issue is here, brings extra people to the game that wouldn't be there otherwise and at least you are no longer trotting about in this (£40) monstrosity.

Photograph of the Stanno Third Top 2016 / 2018

I have a match issue version of that top on my wall, with Nequecaur on the back of it. I'd hazard a guess that the guy I bought it on eBay from probably posts on here too :lol:

On 2017-6-23 at 21:06, 1870ToonBlue said:

His level.

Big Davie Wilson looked a decent player comfortable on the ball, and had an aggression about him in the tackle I liked but as everyone else says he never got enough game time. I cant see him being anything more than a squad player tho GG and and Carswell would prob be more suited

Do you see Wilson as the same type of player as GG and Carswell though? I see a few people saying that he likes to run with the ball and beat a man and neither of those things are things I would associate with GG or Carswell. I imagine we'll play a central midfield 3 with GG and Carswell sitting in front of the defence and Wilson playing in front of them (just behind Nade or Mark Stewart), so it concerns me slightly if Wilson is the same type of player as his midfield colleagues.

Disagree with what mattmc has said.  If they did demand that away top then good on them as its the best top we have had out for years. 

Matter of opinion... I think it's a dreadful strip and has no connection to Stranraer

4 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Matter of opinion... I think it's a dreadful strip and has no connection to Stranraer

To be fair, we have yellow and blue in our badge, and also wore yellow on our kits in the early days and in the mid-80s.

Its a better strip than that flourescent yellow black guff. The only thing good about the high viz vest strip was we drew at ibrox. The commentator said the last time i saw a strip like that it was wrapped aroon a blind dog.

15 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Do you see Wilson as the same type of player as GG and Carswell though? I see a few people saying that he likes to run with the ball and beat a man and neither of those things are things I would associate with GG or Carswell. I imagine we'll play a central midfield 3 with GG and Carswell sitting in front of the defence and Wilson playing in front of them (just behind Nade or Mark Stewart), so it concerns me slightly if Wilson is the same type of player as his midfield colleagues.

I never seen him as a player who was comfortable running with the ball I think that is just the game he adapted as we had Bell sitting. I would say he would be better breaking up the play in front of the back 4 therefor GG and Carswell will be given the nod. His passing at times was a bit way ward but maybe it was a confidence thing as he was brought in by Reid and not given much of a chance under Faz with him preferring Bell and Thommo with Aggie just in front of them and I couldn't see Davie getting in in front of them 3 so good luck to the guy at Dumbarton.

21 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

Its a better strip than that flourescent yellow black guff. The only thing good about the high viz vest strip was we drew at ibrox. The commentator said the last time i saw a strip like that it was wrapped aroon a blind dog.

Aye it was honking, so was last years effort at Ibrox as was the orange effort. All the Stanno strips look the same just different colours time for a change

Archived