Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Not unless someone finds a pile of cash. 

Poor ticket sales also means that an extra injection of cash to the budget is going to be limited once Security and policing costs are taken out.

47 minutes ago, conley said:

Utter nonsense.

It's not nonsense at all. While I think we have a decent enough starting 11 we only have 15 signed players. As soon as the inevitable injuries start we will be up shit creek. At bare minimum we need another CB, Wide Striker and Paul Cairney re-signing.

We're in bloody League 1 in Scotland for gods sake.

We've gone full time, we've signed proven championship quality players in Moffat, Geggan & Higgins, we've retained the majority of our Championship squad from last season and we've just heard this week that one of our main rivals, namely Airdrie, have no Manager, no money, lots of in fighting and could even be heading for extinction (again).

But what do we get on here ? Doom and Gloom about struggling for mid table etc. Honestly, it's total and utter nonsense.

Some of us really need to think about supporting the team and supporting the club instead of actively looking for negatives and to go around criticizing every action of the Manager, Chairman, Club Employees and of course our players. 

Get a grip !!

I wouldn't say our squad is any thinner than the other teams in this league. Our bench was always going to be made up mostly of the younger lads so I'm not really surprised.

If we get Cairney signed up and perhaps another defender that can play RB or CB then I'll be very happy with the squad.

All I want is a centre half. Reid at right back and Michael Rose on the bench would make me semi happy

Obviously I want us to win games in the league cup but I'm also hoping that Geggan is an absolute disaster at RB and forces McCall to sign someone up and move him into midfield.

I hope he doesn't waste the talents of what is potentially the best midfielder in this league.

17 minutes ago, singin am no fae killie said:

All I want is a centre half. Reid at right back and Michael Rose on the bench would make me semi happy

Were linked with Ben Gordon a few weeks ago but that was bounced into touch when he was training with East Fife and has played in a friendly as a trialist. 

However East Fife has signed another defender today so not sure if he's maybe not been offered a deal which could open up a chance of getting him. By all accounts though the piggy bank doesn't have much left in it.

It was me that got the bus to go to Corner pocket. I used to work same place as Alec Sweden who has pub. We both worked at Mother's Pride bakery. Alec ran Rangers bus from Bridge's and then the Vulcan tavern before he moved to Stranraer.

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

We're in bloody League 1 in Scotland for gods sake.

We've gone full time, we've signed proven championship quality players in Moffat, Geggan & Higgins, we've retained the majority of our Championship squad from last season and we've just heard this week that one of our main rivals, namely Airdrie, have no Manager, no money, lots of in fighting and could even be heading for extinction (again).

But what do we get on here ? Doom and Gloom about struggling for mid table etc. Honestly, it's total and utter nonsense.

Some of us really need to think about supporting the team and supporting the club instead of actively looking for negatives and to go around criticizing every action of the Manager, Chairman, Club Employees and of course our players. 

Get a grip !!

Well said

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It's not nonsense at all. While I think we have a decent enough starting 11 we only have 15 signed players. As soon as the inevitable injuries start we will be up shit creek. At bare minimum we need another CB, Wide Striker and Paul Cairney re-signing.

But we have more than 15 signed players, don't we? If you took a look at the players allocated squad numbers you would see that we currently have 22 listed. Just because 7 were Academy players last season doesn't mean they don't count. 

On another, and more positive note, congratulations to Finn Ecrepont on being called up to the Scotland u16 squad.

Archived