Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yassssss
McCalls first signing (after re-signing Shanks) should be getting the boy from St Mirren at Alloa in on loan.

Ross Stewart?

Is he not a striker? I’ve heard that Sutton is leaving St Mirren. Would be decent but imo sorting out the defence and midfield should be the priority.

If Shankland goes then we’ll need to address it as he’ll take some replacing.

McCalls first signing will only happen once he’s signed a new deal. Get that sorted and recruitment can begin.

13 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

Ross Stewart?

Is he not a striker? I’ve heard that Sutton is leaving St Mirren. Would be decent but imo sorting out the defence and midfield should be the priority.

If Shankland goes then we’ll need to address it as he’ll take some replacing.

McCalls first signing will only happen once he’s signed a new deal. Get that sorted and recruitment can begin.

Yeah. Shankland, Stewart, Moore, Moff would be a good mix. 

No gonna lie, feel sorry for Albion, them and QP are 2 of the best teams I’ve seen this season and somehow finished bottom 2.

Yeah. Shankland, Stewart, Moore, Moff would be a good mix. 
No gonna lie, feel sorry for Albion, them and QP are 2 of the best teams I’ve seen this season and somehow finished bottom 2.

Yeah QP actually played football at times and when Albion had the boy Shields they looked good at times in the 3-2 game at Somerset.

Buzzing for next season now and can’t wait to see who signs.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

A league with away days to Brechin, Montrose, Forfar, Arbroath and possibly Peterhead...........thank f**k we went up! 

Said that earlier, that would be torture to the back balance.

Had that feeling all week that we had a chance and we've only gone and fucking won it.

Thank f**k we don't have to go through these play-offs.

Hard work begins now for building a competitive team for next season, got good foundations but weaknesses that will need adressed.

Is McCall's contract up, if so with Lauchlan Cameron over i expect a two-year extension to probably be announced at the beginning of the week.

Had that feeling all week that we had a chance and we've only gone and fucking won it.
Thank f**k we don't have to go through these play-offs.
Hard work begins now for building a competitive team for next season, got good foundations but weaknesses that will need adressed.
Is McCall's contract up, if so with Lauchlan Cameron over i expect a two-year extension to probably be announced at the beginning of the week.

Fair play to you mate. You kept the faith when many including myself had written it off.

McCall will get a new contract but I’d keep it one year for now. Just in case we do f**k it up next season. I’d imagine he’ll have a good idea where we need to improve and who’ll be signing.

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

McCall should take a few days off himself. Don't think he did last season and  just powered through to this one. Will probably get an interview with Lachlan soon. Be interesting to hear what he has to say.

Would expect AU Media to do an end of season review/plans for next season interview with McCall and possibly Cameron.

Should definately take a few days off but it's good we've got a couple of weeks head start on the teams in the play-offs.

Wouldn't expect any announcement on players moving on for another 10 days or so at least.

Today I went to the game with absolutely no nerves, I was confident of winning today as I have been most weeks this season but knowing that wouldn't be enough kept the crowd calm. 

Getting a goal before half time, seeing Raith were at 0-0 knowing that they would be well aware of the pressure on them was a key part of todays success.  McDaids goal confirmed that regardless of what happened elsewhere, we had done our bit.

I probably checked my phone more in 15 min today than I would all month, every time I refreshed my phone I had a knot in my stomach expecting to see a Raith goal. Once the final whistle went it got worse, were we going to get the ultimate kick in the stones?

Being in a situation were there was no announcement or notification, but all of a sudden, everyone started screaming and heading on to the park was surreal, you see it in the footage, people running aimlessly with massive grins on their face. 

One of the few days following Ayr that make all the bad worthwhile 

Archived