East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

My arse, you spent all afternoon looking through 5 separate match threads trying to find what I had said.

Only a sad and lonely man would do that.

You really are a tube who never knows when he is beaten. [emoji35]
Look forward to hearing more of your excuses. [emoji23]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really are a tube who never knows when he is beaten. [emoji35]
Look forward to hearing more of your excuses. [emoji23]

Excuses for what? You spent an afternoon looking for my posts, that is an absolute minter.

5 minutes ago, The Clyde Man said:

Cowdenbeath will take them @ home.

That was the consensus on here about the Shire last year and it's also worth bearing in mind that East Kilbride have already beaten them there earlier this season in the cup. Still all to play for from what I can see.

Even game, draw fair. We blew our big chance with another penalty miss!

didnt think we played well today, hopefully better next week as we are capable of better. Nothing went right for Carrick today and wasn't Rentons best day. Moore did well on the left though and was playing with a great determination.

Will never experience a quieter atmosphere in a sell out game ever again. I know our stadium is a total dump but K Park is absolutely shit and easily the worst place I have been to spectate.

vitoria and wee 9 looked decent and the defence is organised and played well. Not sure who dived for them and got booked, but what an embarrassment.

4 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Good luck to Cowdenbeath, nothing against East Kilbride as if they come up I'd be interested to see how they can grow. Cowdenbeath fans have always been a decent bunch whenever I have met them and despite a small fan base have certainly punched above their weight in recent years. Good luck Blue Brazil a 3rd relegation would be harsh.

SSR - in a league set-up the team that finish top are deemed worthy champions so surely the reverse applies to the team at the bottom? Now if Cowden have 20 shots on target next week, hit the woodwork five times, have another five cleared off the line (with two them being proved after the match to have been over it), are denied three clear-cut penalties and lose to an offside goal from Kilby's only venture into Cowden's half during the entire match, then yes, I'd be prepared to concede THAT was harsh.

PS - see you next season :angel (or am I being harsh?)

6 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

That was Adam Strachan. His dive was criminal.

ex-Clyde player - ironic you used the word "criminal" though, careful or you'll lose all my goodwill

SSR - in a league set-up the team that finish top are deemed worthy champions so surely the reverse applies to the team at the bottom? Now if Cowden have 20 shots on target next week, hit the woodwork five times, have another five cleared off the line (with two them being proved after the match to have been over it), are denied three clear-cut penalties and lose to an offside goal from Kilby's only venture into Cowden's half during the entire match, then yes, I'd be prepared to concede THAT was harsh.
PS - see you next season :angel (or am I being harsh?)

No more beer for you.

Draw was a fair enough in the end K-Park is a tough place to go just need to look at EK's record to see that. Before the game I would have probably settled for that coming away not behind in the tie.

Anyone have any idea what the official attendance was as it wasn't announced. Must have been more than 500 as I think that's what the stand holds.

Just now, NotAFan said:

Tuesday and Thursday training sessions should be penalty taking. Nothing else.

Its one of those things which has just built and everytime some different takes one they will feel the pressure. Maybe should have just stuck with someone despite missing one.

Hows Jamie with penalties at the other end. 

Sadly today just showed exactly why we finished last in such a pishy league. Could have stole a win but it certainly wouldn't be deserved - too many boys had off days. How Kyle Miller finished that game I will never know, he was having a mare from the first whistle. Jamie Sneddon yet again producing a couple of very good saves.

With a bit of luck, Carrick and Renton will be a bit better and put a couple of chances away next week and get us out the shit.

Archived