East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

2 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Absolutely Alan 100 percent behind what you are saying and I will be behind them 100 and I expect to see the same commitment from the players.

I am just hurting tonight with the horrible thought of being 90 minutess away from being potentially out of senior football and what the repercussions could be!

Met a lot of great guys since supporting Cowden and want to see that support stay

The player's have the ability to do the business next Saturday

On today's linesman must be given credit for waving his flag for the pen

Just have to keep believing as you have in your signature! 

I've been going regularly to games for well over 40 years (since I was at primary school) and would be gutted it we lost next week but we just have to hope we can pull it off.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the officials got the main shouts right - Strachan dived and was rightly booked while the number 2 handled the ball for our spot kick which I imagine will be clearly seen in the highlights.

I have to admit in real time I thought it was a Cowden handball for the penalty. Waiting for the highlights...

The penalty claim involving Strachan was an obvious dive. You could see that from 60 yards away.

The handball for the penalty I think happened immediately before the Cowdenbeath player handled it. It may have been more obvious to the linesman than to the crowd due to it being on the blindside to most spectators

6 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

The Artificial Pitch probably didn't help much either and perhaps has helped EKs home record this season

At least we kept another clean sheet considering winter and Vitoria look very decent

Don't really want to go down the road of slagging artificial pitches as it just seems like sour grapes. Sure they will be used to playing on it every fortnight but we have played on plenty of them in the league, Annan, Clyde, Forfar and the Mo this season for a start.

Their record in the league is good because their a good experienced side for that league. For all Arbroath fans moan about Vitoria he looked decent today, Winters a good player as well as his former team mate Barry Russell at left back.

6 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Absolutely Alan 100 percent behind what you are saying and I will be behind them 100 and I expect to see the same commitment from the players.

I am just hurting tonight with the horrible thought of being 90 minutess away from being potentially out of senior football and what the repercussions could be!

Met a lot of great guys since supporting Cowden and want to see that support stay

The player's have the ability to do the business next Saturday

On today's linesman must be given credit for waving his flag for the pen

Andy we are al hurting as a club like you have met some great people throughout the years.

It is now back in our hands not relying on other results as we were last week now only about what we do next week. We have the players to get the result but equally so do EK about who wants it most & keeps their nerve.

Support on Saturday is vital again to show the team & the town it matters.

Agree too finally to see a referees assistant follow the job descriptiuon!

What a roaster the EK manager is. No penalty for strachan?  No shit Sherlock. So bad simulation it deserved a 2nd yellow.

doesnt know why penalty was given, well obviously couldn't see it. We were in line, same as linesman and as the ball went past the defender he was in trouble so the arm shot out and handled it.

should have had Renton sent off, what the F is he on about? His yellow was very soft and any other foul after that isn't automatically another yellow. 

Shut up ya fat baldy weegie twat.

really hope he's greetin even more next week. 

Don't make a lot of posts. Game played in proper manner by both teams. All to play for next week. Think penalty save will be the defining moment in the whole tie. A draw was least EK deserved, how big  Cowdebeath striker didn't get second yellow  only referee can explain. Probably just as well 2pm ko at Central Park, this could go right to the wire  

2 minutes ago, big al said:

What a roaster the EK manager is. No penalty for strachan?  No shit Sherlock. So bad simulation it deserved a 2nd yellow.

doesnt know why penalty was given, well obviously couldn't see it. We were in line, same as linesman and as the ball went past the defender he was in trouble so the arm shot out and handled it.

should have had Renton sent off, what the F is he on about? His yellow was very soft and any other foul after that isn't automatically another yellow. 

Shut up ya fat baldy weegie twat.

really hope he's greetin even more next week. 

To used to getting his own way with officials in the Lowland Leagues but he is now playing with the big boy's

Great little set up at EK and nice people, but obviously too small for league football.

We were awful today. Struggling to be second to every ball. Officials poor at the start, but stand side linesman made up for it with the penalty. Muppet in the EK team, think it was Gibbons, should have been booked for all the moaning at the linesman.

Why don't we stick with one penalty taker? They might miss a few, but at least they would score eventually.

The game was crying out for players like Buchanan and Muirhead to get the ball on the deck and run at EK, but they are stuck on the bench and we persist with lumping balls up to Renton! He looked knackered. Why can't Locke see what everyone else can? That game was there to be won and we were lucky to come away with a draw. Only a few players produced the effort, mainly Moore. Henderson shown up for being one footed today. Buchanan should have started.

Hopefully Rutherford is back next week. Gerry put the effort in, but he is not the type of player you want up against two speedy strikers.

We simply couldn't adapt to the poor pitch. Awful unnatural bounce from it. We will hopefully be much better next week.

Please Gary, stop with the hoofball tactics.

1 minute ago, ekok said:

Don't make a lot of posts. Game played in proper manner by both teams. All to play for next week. Think penalty save will be the defining moment in the whole tie. A draw was least EK deserved, how big  Cowdebeath striker didn't get second yellow  only referee can explain. Probably just as well 2pm ko at Central Park, this could go right to the wire  

It has to be said that the yellow card Renton did get was the referees worst decision of the day.  It wasn't even a foul (he cleanly got a toe on the ball) never mind a caution.  His foul on the keeper could easily have seen a yellow but it would have been an injustice to be sent off.  The other tackle being mentioned was also barely a foul.

2 minutes ago, ekok said:

If it goes to penalties we are knackered. It's shocking at this level that we don't have someone who can score at least 3/4 of the time (shows how well we can pass )

8 minutes ago, ekok said:

If the proper manner is diving every time you lose the ball. Challenge on the keeper wasn't a foul. The one after that your boy took a dive when the ref had his back turned and got a free kick for it.

9 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

Calm down 316. Have you been on the vodka and red bull? 

We are going into the home leg all even and have everything to play for. The way you are ranting you would think we had lost.

No drink tonight and I am a Jack n coke man

Were you at the game?

Yes all to play for but we cant afford any passengers next Saturday everyone has to be at 100 percent for the biggest game in the clubs history

13 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

It has to be said that the yellow card Renton did get was the referees worst decision of the day.  It wasn't even a foul (he cleanly got a toe on the ball) never mind a caution.  His foul on the keeper could easily have seen a yellow but it would have been an injustice to be sent off.  The other tackle being mentioned was also barely a foul.

Totally agree

1 minute ago, Cowden316 said:

No drink tonight and I am a Jack n coke man

Were you at the game?

Yes all to play for but we cant afford any passengers next Saturday everyone has to be at 100 percent for the biggest game in the clubs history

No I wasn't at the game. Take a Diazepam and a digestive ffs.

14 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

If it goes to penalties we are knackered. It's shocking at this level that we don't have someone who can score at least 3/4 of the time (shows how well we can pass )

The picture of the keeper saving millers penalty shows exactly where he has placed it. Mid height and not at the post, an easy place to save if you dive the right way.

surely strikers are on the pitch to score chances?

I don't know why, when penalties are a problem for Cowdenbeath, the boy tried to place the ball.

Just put your laces through the ball and blast it.

9 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

If the proper manner is diving every time you lose the ball. Challenge on the keeper wasn't a foul. The one after that your boy took a dive when the ref had his back turned and got a free kick for it.

How sad are you. Tried to bring a bit of respect and sportsmanship into the conversation and you give it the other

Archived