Challenge Cup 2017-18

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have every sympathy. Queens Park fans are missing out on a possible wee trip to Belfast whereas I really can't see many Motherwell fans going to watch the kids playing. 

While I'm sure it'll be a really good experience for our under-20 side, it's an absolute fucking farce that this is even possible.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Why not just go on a trip to Ireland and forget about the football? Don't understand this appeal for Ireland or Wales so you get fucked watching a diddy cup tie. 

Was brilliant in our first tie last year, last minute winner over there. It's not so much the Welsh/Irish teams that bother me, it's the colts and what they stand for. Looking forward to actually playing TNS again, this time humping them

Guest DAVIDB69

I was hoping for Dundee united to get one of the foreign sides . Would probably raise the profile of the tournament greatly , but alloa it is for now.

What would happen in the later stages if united were away to one of the welsh sides I assume it would be switched a nearby league ground

Home to Alloa - probably not going to go that one either.

Inverness getting Aberdeen Colts - hilarious - as Robertson wants Colts in the leagues, and it'll mostly be made up of Inverness's team of the last 5 years haha

Robertson has being doing my heed in since he came back into the spotlight. Actually felt exactly the same as you after the draw. f**k him. See how he likes it.

1 hour ago, Hammyton said:

Nice draw for us. Look forward to the seethe as our Colts win this.

You diidy team's should be glad you get the chance to play big teams and see the stars of the future.

look guys! one of Hamilton's 40 supporters graced us with their presence

Nice draw for us. Look forward to the seethe as our Colts win this.

You diidy team's should be glad you get the chance to play big teams and see the stars of the future.

^^^Trying too hard.

1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I was hoping for Dundee united to get one of the foreign sides . Would probably raise the profile of the tournament greatly , but alloa it is for now.

What would happen in the later stages if united were away to one of the welsh sides I assume it would be switched a nearby league ground

Because why?

11 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I'm sure Northern Irish football will be agog at the prospect of Crusaders v Motherwell "B" and Albion Rovers/Spartans v Linfield.

As a fan of the Lowland League and now living in Northern Ireland I'm hoping I might get to both. Or are they on same date?

Crusaders if they want to will hump the Colts team.

And the same with Linfield v Spartans. 

Both played weakened teams last year and this payed of especially for Linfield as they won the Irish League and made 800,000 from the Celtic game.

That again will be the priority of the Irish teams.

A glamour tie for Raith, the only question is will the North stand be big enough to hold the huge fan base of Ross County Colts or do we open the railway stand too. With the sell out crowd expected from this game along with the lucrative sale of the TV rights after the international bidding frenzy a return to the top flight and European football can't be far off.

11 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

What you on about?

You'd play the game in Wales, obviously 

7 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

A glamour tie for Raith, the only question is will the North stand be big enough to hold the huge fan base of Ross County Colts or do we open the railway stand too. With the sell out crowd expected from this game along with the lucrative sale of the TV rights after the international bidding frenzy a return to the top flight and European football can't be far off.

Could probably play behind doors to save on stewarding & policing costs & there won't be many less County fans there.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

What you on about?

You'd play the game in Wales, obviously 

He appears to still think United are a European superpower with thousands following them away to different countries and not the side who barely raised three figures for their away semi final in Dumfries last season.

52 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He appears to still think United are a European superpower with thousands following them away to different countries and not the side who barely raised three figures for their away semi final in Dumfries last season.

In fairness it is easier to get from Dundee to many places in Europe (including places in Wales) than it is to get to Dumfries.  These places are also nicer and it is easier to understand the locals.

Archived