St Mirren vs East Kilbride

Partick Thistle Colts vs Stirling University

Queen of the South vs Airdrieonians

Kilmarnock Colts vs Berwick Rangers

Annan Athletic vs Celtic Colts

East Stirlingshire vs Ayr United

Greenock Morton vs Livingston

pwnt.gif

If it's played at Ormiston it'll be the closest City have played to my home as well as being the (joint with Hearts last year) most unattractive game to me they've played in my time supporting them.

56 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

People seem to be under the misapprehension that Doncaster and his fellow Hampden clowns care about what the fans of 40 clubs think. A boycott would undoubtedly meet with the same reaction from the suits that the Checkatrade Trophy did in England ie boycott and numerous record low crowds ignored and the competition continues as the authorities want. 

Has to be a boycott of the full competition, not just games involving Colt teams PLUS a large, vocal boycott of Irn-Bru AND Ladbrokes, William Hill & Betfred (by association) to have any affect. I suspect people aren't that bothered to have it affect them not going to see their team and putting a line on in their regular bookies, would love to be proved wrong though.

Doncaster & The SPFL won't listen to you but they'll listen to their sponsors complaining about the negative publicity.

Remember, The News of The World wasn't brought down by falling readership, or embarrassment about phone hacking, it was brought down by a sustained campaign against any & all of its advertisers over weeks. If people want it enough they can stop it. 

50 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Sevco colts maybe just cos they be on premier sports or something similar otherwise no thanks senior teams or other association teams suit me fine

Can live without the pointless hassle of a tv game without any payment for it so no thanks to Celtic or Rangers Colts but I'd have been happy with any of the others. I'm on record several times saying I've absolutely no problem with the Colts teams being in the Challenge Cup (not a supporter of them being in the League structure though). I think them being in the Challenge Cup is a good thing. However, they are also not very good and I'd be happy to draw one of them.

23 minutes ago, football maniac said:

Is the 2nd round gonna be regionalised aswell. Going by the format there is no mention of regionalisation beyond the first round so not sure if that will be the case?

No, it isn't regionalised It is however constructed to ensure the Irish and Welsh sides will all play Scottish sides and not be drawn against one another, one home, one away from each country. It's an open draw for the Scottish sides.

To be fair most Colts teams will be out after the 2nd round anyway, and this cup has never attracted the biggest crowds so don't think they make that much difference to it. Excited to see the Irish teams come into it as last season we saw an interesting game against Linfield. Great atmosphere. Hopefully if we get through we can get a draw away to a team outwith Scotland. The Irish league is decent, but the Northern Irish league isn't of a very high standard

36 minutes ago, GoTeamGaz said:

Has to be a boycott of the full competition, not just games involving Colt teams PLUS a large, vocal boycott of Irn-Bru AND Ladbrokes, William Hill & Betfred (by association) to have any affect. I suspect people aren't that bothered to have it affect them not going to see their team and putting a line on in their regular bookies, would love to be proved wrong though.

Doncaster & The SPFL won't listen to you but they'll listen to their sponsors complaining about the negative publicity.

Remember, The News of The World wasn't brought down by falling readership, or embarrassment about phone hacking, it was brought down by a sustained campaign against any & all of its advertisers over weeks. If people want it enough they can stop it. 

Boycotting irn bru and Ladbrokes!!? Jesus Murphy!! Haha

36 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Boycotting irn bru and Ladbrokes!!? Jesus Murphy!! Haha

as I said, I doubt enough people are actually that bothered when it comes down to it, just stating what it would take to stop it.

This competition was initially changing format on the premise it would allow U20 teams (am I f**k using the 'c' word to describe them) to play about proper men's teams, right?

After the first year, where the majority of the U20s got fucked and easily put out the competition, they haven't seeded the teams this year, resulting in several U20s playing each other.

Now, considering that this was pushed through to give them game time against men, what the utter f**k is the justification for not seeding this time and having them in the competition, where quite a few of them will just be playing each other akin to the youth cup every season?

Archived